Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: why is there no contemporary wushu forum ?

It'd be great if some one started one...

Looks like the last issue discussion thread was on our SEP OCT 06. I tried to get one going on the next one, our NOV DEC 06, but given my negative start, it didn't go far. It actually went ****her on Jiayo again. That thread might as well be merged into this one, but I keep hoping some one will post on it. The JAN FEB 07 got discusses in fragments on the Shaolin forum although it didn't really get that deep. That surprised me because the Shaolin special is usually discussed more in depth.

But still, our tradition of discussing new issues on this forum seems to be disappearing, much to my personal chagrin. I hope that some members will revive this soon. I really enjoy the feedback.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene - Wushu Area needed on this Forum

Since there is such heavy coverage of Contemporary Wushu by the Magazine, shouldn't we have an area to accomodate it.

It was only just now with the recent issue did I recorgnize that it was lacking here.

The Shaolin forum is the wushu forum.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

No, you are wrong, the Shaolin Forum is for Kempo discussions.

see what I mean.

Shaolin should be for the art taught at the shaolin temple and its relatives.

No, it should be for Kempo and Shaolin Do.

Who wants to talk about real Shaolin Kung Fu? Especially on a forum labled "Shaolin?"

That would make just too much sense !!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Who wants to talk about real Shaolin Kung Fu? Especially on a forum labled "Shaolin?"
    Shaolin kung fu is wushu, silly.,
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Shaolin forum.

Next question.
    A unique snowflake

Shaolin kung fu is wushu, silly.,

Reply]
    Are you sure? Based on what I actually SEE on the Shaolin form, Shaolin is all about Kempo and Sin The.

okay you brain duds

now lets get this put into something the joker and the literal can understand

Kung Fu Forum = anything goes area

Shaolin Forum = the material taught at the shaolin temple or its relatives.

Wushu Forum = Contemporary Sport (ie: compulsories and nandu)

got it

Shaolin Forum = the material taught at the shaolin temple or its relatives

Reply]
    But what about all the Shaolin Do, Kempo related threads on the Shaolin forum? Those are the biggest, most active threads on that forum. The real shaolin discussions take a backseat to that stuff every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    okay you brain duds

got it
    and we can have a tai zu forum and a hung gar forum and an eagle claw forum and a shuia chiao forum and so on so that we can all sit in our own corner and talk to our selves.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No, you are wrong, the Shaolin Forum is for Kempo discussions.
    LOL - sad, yet true...

Kempo is a relative of Shaolin

I mention a Wushu Forum because the magazine (you know the one supporting this site) tends to have a 50% coverage on Wushu based athletes, competitons and the like. So wouldn't it be viable to have a Forum Section that caters to this audience?

As for having a forum for Taizu, Shuai Jiao, etc. Hell that would be great if there were enough people to support it.

If it was up to me I'd re- title the sections to be:

General Discussions

Northern Styles

Southern Styles

Contemporary Wushu

Internal Styles

MMA

Self Defense

etc.:

but its not my site so.........my opinon means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    okay you brain duds

got it

Don't try to reason with fools on the internet. They have gotten closed minded babbling down to a masterful science.

I took lessons from a Wushu coach that was formerly head coach of the beijing Wushu team, and now I am taking classes from a Shaolin guy. The difference is like night and day.

Before it was a bit of stretching and kicks, then FORMS FORMS FORMS!!!

With the Shaolin guy, it is intense stretching and conditioning, then a bit of forms at the end. I enjoy it alot, but it is very tiring. I have started jogging so that I can get through the warm up without feeling like my lungs are burning and my heart is going to explode.

People can group Shaolin and Wushu if they want, in the end, I enjoy it and dont really care what other shmoes think. I think that alot of people on here spend more time talking crap than they do training.
    Last edited by HtownShaolinBum; 02-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.