Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Chen? Yang? Which do you practice?
    Mr Duke out of my curiosity which style out of all the many styles you have study/studying do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    It seem you've had some experience of this "down and dirty" Yum Cha and so you should get grief.It takes a serious mind to spar or fight with Pm its very dangerous without self control its easy to damage your sparring partner.
    Eg.when you watch Bruce Lee doing chi sao he has control and respects by not full extending otherwise he would really hurt his sparring partner.Far to often I see chi sao boys of wing chun mainly from Leung tin's line extending more than they should,they say its so that when they really need to punch they wont stop half way(what a load of croc I say)Funny thing is when they go to competitions the revert to Kick boxing style as Faruq mentioned earlier.
    Most Arts don't show you how to attack an opponent,Pm does.

P.s I only use Bruce Lee as an example because of his Ging(wing chun doesn't use Ging btw they use Lim Lik)
    Hi Dark
    No, not me, I'm just an clean living citizen, training my hobby with a bunch of great friends. Did some fighting many years ago, now I just let the young boys try to beat me up. I don't take too much damage though, I have size and weight on them.

Yes, I see this as a critical issue with the training, and have put a lot of time into ways of building the progressive skills as elements, then bringing them together to test their effectiveness as a whole in a dynamic manner. I hate to call it sparring, because if you understand how it works, you know sparring isn't really accurate.
    Just slapping on gloves and gear and having at it trains a good fighter in many instances, but not good Pak Mei fighting.
    I believe you have to train full extension, but not necessarily full power all the time.

Unless you are in range to hit and put weight into it to connect, your opponent is likewise suffering from poor training, not having the opportunity to feel the proper dynamic and respond with an effective reply. I don't believe in "hands fighting hands".
    Part of the training is learning how to take a hit...what can you say, sometimes people get hurt, but not often, and not badly.
    As you probably know, there are benign and there are evil ways to do many things...if you can do the benign way, learning the evil alternative is pretty straight forward.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Why Faruq? Isnt your WC enough?
    LOL!!! Hell no, Sifu! That was 20 years ago, and I didn't even get to chum kiu! LOL
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Hi Dark
    No, not me, I'm just an clean living citizen, training my hobby with a bunch of great friends. Did some fighting many years ago, now I just let the young boys try to beat me up. I don't take too much damage though, I have size and weight on them.

Yes, I see this as a critical issue with the training, and have put a lot of time into ways of building the progressive skills as elements, then bringing them together to test their effectiveness as a whole in a dynamic manner. I hate to call it sparring, because if you understand how it works, you know sparring isn't really accurate.
    Just slapping on gloves and gear and having at it trains a good fighter in many instances, but not good Pak Mei fighting.
    I believe you have to train full extension, but not necessarily full power all the time.

Unless you are in range to hit and put weight into it to connect, your opponent is likewise suffering from poor training, not having the opportunity to feel the proper dynamic and respond with an effective reply. I don't believe in "hands fighting hands".
    Part of the training is learning how to take a hit...what can you say, sometimes people get hurt, but not often, and not badly.
    As you probably know, there are benign and there are evil ways to do many things...if you can do the benign way, learning the evil alternative is pretty straight forward.
    1.You sound a very fine specimen of a man with you clean living hobby,size and weight.

2.I agree sparring would be inacurate,however its the closest word in the English dictionary.

3.Training full extension with half power doesnt make sense to me sorry.Are you referring to si lik?

4.yes again it seems more si lik than ging lik to me or thats how your explaining that how you do things.("Unless you are in range to hit and put weight into it to connect, your opponent is likewise suffering from poor training, not having the opportunity to feel the proper dynamic and respond with an effective reply.")

5. Hands fighting Hands? Im not familiar to this.

6. Yes I agree with you on taking a hit however a PM hit you must be joking event with your si lik it would put most in hospital at half power thats why I did write "self control".

7.There is only the intent which is always evil in PM,didnt you know you practice deadly arts?Thats why I wrote it takes a serious mind.

Thanks for reading sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.
    True. I did not see control of the waist. There was some spiral jin in the arms. The student had nothing.

6. Yes I agree with you on taking a hit however a PM hit you must be joking event with your si lik it would put most in hospital at half power thats why I did write "self control".

7.There is only the intent which is always evil in PM,didnt you know you practice deadly arts?Thats why I wrote it takes a serious mind.

Thanks for reading sir.
    You must be Lee Chun Pai. And I never knew Pak Mei Pai required an evil intent, though it does make sense. I wonder if the meditations from the system involve evil.....
    Last edited by Faruq; 09-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    You must be Lee Chun Pai. And I never knew Pak Mei Pai required an evil intent, though it does make sense. I wonder if the meditations from the system involve evil.....
    Dark Chi is not Lee Chun Pai.
    -Golden Arms-

You must be . And I never knew Pak Mei Pai required an evil intent, though it does make sense. I wonder if the meditations from the system involve evil.....
    Nope this is lee chun pai http://www.pakmei.net/PaiLum/PaiLumCanada.htm

Close but distant cousins and not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Dark is not .
    Thank you G.A

Nope this is lee chun pai http://www.pakmei.net/PaiLum/PaiLumCanada.htm

Close but distant cousins and not important.
    Well, do you want to reveal your identity? I mean you obviously know a lot about Pak Mei Pai, so it's been a pleasure to read your posts. You've got to be someone who's mastered the system, right? I mean, you see my location on my profile. And as I've said before, I'm just a guy who never met the right people and was never in the right place to learn the system. But I'm sure everybody's got to be curious as to where your school is and whether you're Hong Kong or Guangzhou, etc.

Well, do you want to reveal your identity? I mean you obviously know a lot about Pak Mei Pai, so it's been a pleasure to read your posts. You've got to be someone who's mastered the system, right? I mean, you see my location on my profile. And as I've said before, I'm just a guy who never met the right people and was never in the right place to learn the system. But I'm sure everybody's got to be curious as to where your school is and whether you're Hong Kong or Guangzhou, etc.
    Hi Faruq
    may I ask how old you are and what is this interest you have?

1.my pai - I simply don't have a school and I teach only any sons with the sur- name of Li (hak Ga Blood) so how would this be important?

2.I have not mastered the Pak mei system to my knowledge no-one has not even the CLC sons have.I practice the Li tai chi (Li gihk suiw) .How is this important?

3.I live between HK and the Uk,how is this important?

4.Have you tried video conference teaching?IMO don't knock it till you've tried it-there are many poeple that may teach you-have you tried asking Mr Duke hes an open school after all.how is this important?It would be none of my business.

Dear Faruq if your intentions are to learn Pak mei then nothing should stand in your way,be brave and seek but you might be shocked to find more than you bargained for.

I don't know what else to write Im sure there are many that could help here.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-13-2011 at 01:55 PM.

P.s Faruq this thread isnt about me but Mr Simon Lui

P.s Faruq this thread isnt about me but Mr Simon Lui
    Quite right, and your answer #1 was all I was looking for. I really appreciate how Mr Simon Lui and Alex Do have put the fascinating art Pak Mei Pai on youtube, which a mere ten years ago was unheard of. Now Lui Sifu, BaiMeiWuDo and so many other schools are displaying the beautiful but deadly system on the net. It's really a great age for fans of the system and for martial arts enthusiasts in general. Mr Do is quite a fortunate man to have access to this knowledgeable teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I dont know Bak Mei but in my opionion this master has very good moves so I wanted to share.

Kind regards,
    Xian
    His Sup Gee really reminds me of the one from Kwong Man Fong's ESPY-TV demo with only a few moves [such as the double fish-hook to the eyes (how do you even say that in Cantonese?)] taken out. Since that's taken out of his demo, I wouldn't be surprised if he's got to do revised forms with the signature moves removed for clips posted for public consumption on youtube, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    See, here it is in a nutshell....

Unless you do it, you don't know what to expect from Pak Mei. That is a tremendous advantage.
    What you see on youtube, in terms of fighting, is generally basic to middle grade, or guys doing San Da. Maybe some advanced guys doing static demos...

All kinds of people can give you the rap on the internal and external powers, the formulas, the 8 hands, but when it comes to the down and dirty of the fighting technique, its a whole another story. I even get grief for what I post on our website....
    about a year ago when I started to relax enough to understand the BM posture I realized I would hate to fight someone now...If a junkie robber tried to attack me I would probably use basic boxing technique I wouldn't be able to slow down if I ran through him with sub jee footwork and i really dont want to jik bo his eye then sink a heart punch to his throat or go hop gar and kick him in the nuts and hammerfist the back of his neck...that **** is grimy or what if I have a pocketknife on me am I going to start jik bo'n at his face and chest?. fuk that You're better off just to submit him.