View Poll Results: How to handle it

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get ready to spar with a whole lot of MT / BJJ cross-trainers

2 33.33%
  • Start teaching lessons, in time you'll find people who will pay you to do the punchy punchy

1 16.67%
  • What sifu doesn't like a stranger walking in and asking to cross hands with their advanced students?

1 16.67%
  • No hope. You'll be alone forever.

2 33.33%

Thread: Getting back out there

Hybrid View

if you are past 40 and wanna go back to martial arts u need to see doctor for hormones therapy, then u can get back in top shape in like 2 months. aching and limpin trying to start again isnt worth it

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    if you are past 40 and wanna go back to martial arts u need to see doctor for hormones therapy, then u can get back in top shape in like 2 months. aching and limpin trying to start again isnt worth it
    While I hate to admit this ( as a guy pushing 47) Bawang is not wrong.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You may want to try an mma gym. I'm not as special as gene. I know enough people that I can train at several gyms for free, but I do beginners stuff if beginners are present. The only advantage I've had with that is that I will also be invited to advanced classes, despite not knowing their material. This way, if they spar, I'm included.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

simon where are you right now, im now in missisauga. u wanna train together bro
    Last edited by bawang; 03-04-2016 at 09:01 PM.

he not answer

he must be pooping