Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pole

Clips on junmo.co.uk

A few clips of my Sifus daughters and his elder students at Seni'01 can be found here:

http://www.junmo.co.uk/index.php?opt...=55&Itemid=107

Note that all of the 'stick' clips are examples of Lee Shings Stick Plays, which are obviously not to be confused with standard 6 Point & Half Pole sets.

I will try to answer questions anyone may have, or you can always contact Jun Mo directly through the site.

I hate to rain on your event ...but the pole videos...thats not vt pole, its made up , from what ? who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I hate to rain on your event ...but the pole videos...thats not vt pole, its made up , from what ? who knows.
    Thanks for that k, I wasn't expecting such a b&w response so soon, especially from someone who, again, failed to even read what I wrote.

If only I knew what 'vt pole' was?! I don't believe any of the 'stick plays' here will be familiar to you as I did say:

"Note that all of the 'stick' clips are examples of Lee Shings Stick Plays, which are obviously not to be confused with standard 6 Point & Half Pole sets."

One thing wrong with people like yourself is that you throw out wild 'thats not vt' comments when something doesn't live up to 'your' image. Again, I am surprised at a WSL student being so ignorant but I hold no grudges and make no false claims.

The stick plays are real. They are not 'made up'. Austin Gohs Pole Form is as close to Lee Shings image as Joseph Lees. And Lee Shing knew WSL quite well apparently, not the same generation maybe but they had mutual respect. Sifu Joseph Man (who's knowledge you're dismissing) will be celebrating 30 years teaching next year, and his style of teaching has changed many times over this period. An elder to Austin and Joe Lee and even to Joseph Cheng and most others you would have heard of (if you researched us at all)

A great thing about being taught how to express yourself through Wing Chun by a known Master is that you can teach pretty much what you like, when you like and how you like. As long as it can be exlained.

Which is why I asked for questions, not narrow minded 'knee jerk' reactions to something you're obviously not familiar with...

My apologies ...I lived in london for 14 years , i know all the names mentioned, Ive met and observed them too...Austin Goh kung fu clown amongst the local's ...even gives diplomas out, lmaorotf ....

you yave "frogus in da wellus" syndrome ...ask your teacher about the chinese story of the frog in a well & the cricket...

Your arrogance suits your situation. an arrogant froggy ....ribbet

Ask him yourself...

My apologies ...I lived in london for 14 years , i know all the names mentioned, Ive met and observed them too...Austin Goh kung fu clown amongst the local's ...even gives diplomas out, lmaorotf ....

you yave "frogus in da wellus" syndrome ...ask your teacher about the chinese story of the frog in a well & the cricket...

Your arrogance suits your situation. an arrogant froggy ....ribbet
    There's that word again! You need a mirror as you obviously have had the blinkers on whilst writing your own 'arrogant' comments I'm afraid. Please feel free to explain how my posts are arrogant? (ribbet)

So what if you've 'observed' people from your 'time in London'! WTF?? Do you KNOW anyone from Lee Shings 1st generation?? Better still, have you met my Sifu and 'observed' his teachings? How has your Sifu influenced your attitude towards others? I suppose anyone who doesn't 'look' like Ip Man isn't Wing Chun then and that will include everyone from the mainland too lmao!

I have an idea for you k (Kevin?) Why don't you ask my Sifu yourself about your little story, as I find it a shame you even know such crap and obviously have an interest in these folklore lessons more than learning anything new about Wing Chun curriculae. Everyone told me that the 'family' was dying, and it's narrow minded insult throwers like you who are helping this happen.

Well, make that call and pay him a visit next time you're in London and I'm sure he will let you watch a class, take notes, ask any questions you like! Hell, maybe he'll even let you have a spar or something, knowing his no-nonsense approach!

Most of the people I've met like you k became his students, as they couldn't even answer his simplest questions. Many of them also had more than 15 years experience in Wing Chun, with 'many' other Sifu, so any judgement should be left to you actually putting yourself out just the once to find out for yourself. Better still ask Sifu Potter to explain how he knows my Sifu (you must know him too right?)

Actually, I don't even know why I get myself worked up over your insulting posts. Heard so many things over the years and still nobody has been able to even answer some of my questions, let alone my teachers'.

I met clive and did chi-sao with him once , hands on experience he was meant to be the head rep for WSL at the time ...Go ask Desmond Spencer in south london. he is doing something that might make you think again....its WSl thinking
    as for Lee Shing ...your deluding yourself.

btw I was a froggy in a well once too so dont feel alone , until Desmond fell into my well.....
    you have to feel...not talk. Talking is an intellectual form of combat...VT is hands on , if it doesnt work you will find out REALLY QUICK .

Eveyone gets upset when they are told what they are doing is crap...I did , but I met a lot of guy's who similarly had spent time with 'name sifu's' who also taught a stylized version ....how do you know ...walk on...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 11-07-2007 at 08:33 AM.

...your deluding yourself.
    K .
    Kevin ,,,,, that was just brutal [ simple , direct and ,,well you know the rest ,,] but still brutal

LoneTiger108 [Heard so many things over the years and still nobody has been able to even answer some of my questions, let alone my teachers]]

Did you ever consider the faint possibility that your '' questions '' were irrelevant ?
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Im trying to help .... being brutal is what is needed sometimes , or we give room for , perhaps, maybe ...all words. I was in the London 'loop' of Vt i knew all and saw all and touched all...I dont just speak to annoy. Been there before you maybe just sharing !

[QUOTE=k gledhill;814362]I met clive and did chi-sao with him once , hands on experience he was meant to be the head rep for WSL at the time ...Go ask Desmond Spencer in south london. he is doing something that might make you think again....its WSl thinking
    as for Lee Shing ...your deluding yourself.QUOTE]

Well, I see the insults are also thrown at your own family, and in public. Nice one!

I will check out Desmond, if he comes so highly recommended, as I am open to learn something new just as much as most who post on here. Any site, link number I can get hold of him on??

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I will check out Desmond, if he comes so highly recommended, as I am open to learn something new just as much as most who post on here. Any site, link number I can get hold of him on??
    Desmond Spencer

Address:
    Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3
    London
    United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)2087767705

Information: Sunday at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre Trophy room, on Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3, times 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Tuesday and Thursday in South London Area, times 8:00pm to 10:00pm.

Thanks very much CFT! What a rapid response, do you train with Desmond? What can I expect to see at his school?

I couldn't get to the NW sessions though due to work, any info on the South London classes as I'm familiar with the area, especially Brixton.

I'm not one to waste time on forums with '' made up nick names '' so I leave with this
    we have all had a case of the dreaded '' Sifu-itus or Linage-itus '' and we get all wrapped up in our comfort zone blanket with a all the warm little fuzzies that come with it .
    we think were special , our Sifu is special and our linage is special , and were so smart for picking the right place to be and train ,,, happens to us all it's part of the allure LOL

Reality is it's mainly BS and a pseudo pyramid / marketing scam

when you look at combat in it's raw form , it's really not that complicated 2 hands 2 feet body mechanics dominate positioning and the individual attributes to get there set it up and make the most out of it ...

when you see this ,,, you see through most of the junk that's out there

nothing wrong with preserving your family way if that's what your into just most of the ''training methods '' are dated and irrevalant in combat .. honest people will point that out .

you should also check out Kev Bell in South Hampton

PS... Kevin still doing research
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-07-2007 at 09:04 AM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

I throw stones at myself first I am who you are too...we are all very similar. Im just trying to get rid of the bs factor like ernie said , guys are making a living off you ....

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Desmond Spencer

Address:
    Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3
    London
    United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)2087767705

Information: Sunday at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre Trophy room, on Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3, times 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Tuesday and Thursday in South London Area, times 8:00pm to 10:00pm.

hes a nice guy , hope you find something ....ribbet ..thas me ribbeting not you