Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Multiple attackers

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Pretty much guaranteed anytime somebody tells you they're more open-minded than you are, they're trying to convince themselves.

Everybody thinks they're more open-minded than the general public, just like everybody thinks they're better-than-average drivers. Doesn't play out too well logically, though, does it?

'Open-minded' is one of the premier bullsh!t terms of all time.

Except, in my case, I have demonstrated that I am. I haven't posted altered pictures intended to mock, I haven't called anyone names. I've even given some of the evidence for why I have my position, which is far more than the opposition's 'believe me because I say so' reasoning. That isn't evidence. I've shown a much larger amount of respect and civility to the others and their views on this board, including my detractors, than my detractors have been showing me for some time.

I am not the problem here.

Edit: Let's look at an example from this thread, okay?

The reason why I started this thread was because of Shaolin Wookie and I starting to talk about multiple attackers in another thread. I foresaw this discussion going on for a bit so I started a new one, quoting the relevent parts from the other thread and replying to his last post.

It had started primarily on my perspective on fighting groups of people, primarily based around the idea of energy conservation. For me, a miss is still a miss, regardless if it's 1 inch, 1 foot, 1 yard, etc. etc. SW said that he felt a large burst of force is good at the beginning and taking out one person, preferably the smallest, to make it easier to look like you were really really powerful. I said that keeping them close by would let you use them as a shield, as SW believed you should do, too, but I said a small effort to deflect an incoming attack would let you still use them as a shield, as well as preserve your energy stores longer. The question became how being soft would let you defeat people, with SW asking if his heavy bag beats him every time. I had explained the long lasting feature of a heavy bag and the need to protect your hands when you use a heavy bag. SW suggested I get in a heavy bag and see how well I last. I started to explain about increasing the elastic limit of my body to be able to take more punishment. golden arhat suggested that I wouldn't be able to take an elbow to the face. I continued to explain how increasaing the eleastic limit of my body would help in taking an elbow to the face.

And even after I have said specifically that questions have been put to me on how I would do certain things, I have said that I never in the slightest suggested that my way was the only way. But, the others int his thread keep acting like I had said that.

If I am asked to give my way of doing something, I need to give my way of doing something. Not someone elses. And, after even doing that there have been several people in this thread that dismiss the idea, saying essentially that my way won't work when they haven't even tried my way. On the other hand, I have tried their way. For me, I found a different way, but that doesn't mean their way could let them do the same thing to the degree that that way would produce the desired results.

I have said my way works, as can another. They have said my way can't work, only theirs. I have shown how my way can work, without denying theirs can, too. But, they refuse to show how their way is the only way. They chose to mock and flame bait and post altered pictures to dog pile their contempt. This is not open mindedness.
    Last edited by RonH; 09-08-2007 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Added an example

I am greatly indebted to your candor. Your wisdom is as a finger, pointing towards the poon.

Do not concentrate on the finger..........

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

Do not concentrate on the finger..........

i'm pointing a finger at something

guess which one
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i'm pointing a finger at something

guess which one
    I used my woman's intuition: the left one?

I used my woman's intuition: the left one?
    uhhhhhh yeahhh

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    uhhhhhh yeahhh

I don't have woman's intuition.......

Hence, the joke.

I don't have woman's intuition.......

Hence, the joke.
    oh yeahhhhh

sorry

i'm stupid liek that

actually i've decided i'm just gonna call everyone who i think is stupid on here "Ronh"

so yeah

i'm ronh like that

Personally, as a poor deluded sentient being, I feel blessed to have an obvious Boddhisatva of RonH's level taking such compassion on me. Now I've got to go back to training my cheek bone to yield.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

When you paint a big target on your face...

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Except, in my case, I have demonstrated that I am. I haven't posted altered pictures intended to mock, I haven't called anyone names.
    I think you have a very close-minded attitude towards the value of mocking and name-calling.

I think I've even given some of the evidence for why I have my position,
    Bent over, grabbing your ankles?

which is far more than the opposition's 'believe me because I say so' reasoning. That isn't evidence. I've shown a much larger amount of respect and civility to the others and their views on this board, including my detractors, than my detractors have been showing me for some time.
    Respect and civility are highly overrated. Give me rude and funny any day of the week.

I am not the problem here.
    Somewhere there's a miscommunication on the meaning of either the term 'I' or 'problem'. Possibly the terms 'not' and 'here' as well. Perhaps these should be defined in the glossary.

Edit: Let's look at an example from this thread, okay?
    Okay!

The reason why I started this thread was because of Shaolin Wookie and I starting to talk about multiple attackers in another thread. I foresaw this discussion going on for a bit so I started a new one, quoting the relevent parts from the other thread and replying to his last post.
    The force is strong in this one.

It had started primarily on my perspective on fighting groups of people, primarily based around the idea of energy conservation. For me, a miss is still a miss, regardless if it's 1 inch, 1 foot, 1 yard, etc. etc. SW said that he felt a large burst of force is good at the beginning and taking out one person, preferably the smallest, to make it easier to look like you were really really powerful. I said that keeping them close by would let you use them as a shield, as SW believed you should do, too, but I said a small effort to deflect an incoming attack would let you still use them as a shield, as well as preserve your energy stores longer. The question became how being soft would let you defeat people, with SW asking if his heavy bag beats him every time. I had explained the long lasting feature of a heavy bag and the need to protect your hands when you use a heavy bag. SW suggested I get in a heavy bag and see how well I last. I started to explain about increasing the elastic limit of my body to be able to take more punishment. golden arhat suggested that I wouldn't be able to take an elbow to the face. I continued to explain how increasaing the eleastic limit of my body would help in taking an elbow to the face.
    (My bold above). LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Stop. Seriously, please stop. I just snorted tea all over my computer and I think it may have damaged something.

It's at this point that I think you must really be Mega-Foot, because no one could post the bolded sentence above and expect to be taken seriously when talking to anyone who's ever fought, wrestled, sparred, or, really, breathed.

And even after I have said specifically that questions have been put to me on how I would do certain things, I have said that I never in the slightest suggested that my way was the only way. But, the others int his thread keep acting like I had said that.
    Not nearly as much as they initially tried to help you to see how the stuff you wrote would never work in the real world. When you persisted with your Candyland Theories, they very naturally resorted to mockery and name-calling.

It was the only possible solution.

If I am asked to give my way of doing something, I need to give my way of doing something. Not someone elses.
    Yes, the logic there does seem unassailable.

And, after even doing that there have been several people in this thread that dismiss the idea, saying essentially that my way won't work when they haven't even tried my way. On the other hand, I have tried their way. For me, I found a different way, but that doesn't mean their way could let them do the same thing to the degree that that way would produce the desired results.
    But the way you describe your way sounds like an easy way to get waylaid by anyone with a will and a way to assault you, because your way doesn't weigh out very well on the scale of martial ways to defend yourself.

I have said my way works, as can another. They have said my way can't work, only theirs. I have shown how my way can work, without denying theirs can, too. But, they refuse to show how their way is the only way. They chose to mock and flame bait and post altered pictures to dog pile their contempt. This is not open mindedness.
    So open-minded people can't mock others? That's a pretty stringent definition. Same ol' same ol' - anyone who behaves in a way (get it? 'way'? you like that word A LOT) that you don't like, you say is close-minded.

I stick with my original verdict - you're very clearly trying convince yourself of your own worth, and one of the easiest and least-assailable positions to take is that you're more open-minded. Hope it doesn't get too drafty this winter in that straw house.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

I think you have a very close-minded attitude towards the value of mocking and name-calling.
    Because the intention of this thread by me was for there to be an honest, open debate without fallacious logic, including mockery, name calling and mockery have no business being here. That isn't being closed minded.

Respect and civility are highly overrated. Give me rude and funny any day of the week.
    But, it isn't about you.

Somewhere there's a miscommunication on the meaning of either the term 'I' or 'problem'. Possibly the terms 'not' and 'here' as well. Perhaps these should be defined in the glossary.
    I've seen wittier comebacks in the junk in the tissues when I've blown my nose, while having a really bad cold.

(My bold above). LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Stop. Seriously, please stop. I just snorted tea all over my computer and I think it may have damaged something.

It's at this point that I think you must really be Mega-Foot, because no one could post the bolded sentence above and expect to be taken seriously when talking to anyone who's ever fought, wrestled, sparred, or, really, breathed.
    It is the height of hubris to think that just because you, anyone you know of or think you know can't do something, that there is no way any one could do it.

The reasoning of the common folk is so much easier to work with than reality.

Not nearly as much as they initially tried to help you to see how the stuff you wrote would never work in the real world.
    Ha! When you call evidence 'because I say so' and the rest of the claimed evidence is mockery, this is when I feel pity instead of sympathy.

When you persisted with your Candyland Theories
    If there really was a decent counterargument to what I said out of any of the posts here, I'd actually consider it. The peanut gallery throwing food and booing is not evidence.

they very naturally resorted to mockery and name-calling.
    Did you really think the peanut gallery was capable of anything other than mockery and name calling? That's very sad for you. That is precisely what the peanut gallery is for.

It was the only possible solution.
    The usual thinking of those that require others to agree with them to make themselves feel better about their views. I've seen it a lot in my life. It leads to nowhere because it's a crutch.

But the way you describe your way sounds like an easy way to get waylaid by anyone with a will and a way to assault you, because your way doesn't weigh out very well on the scale of martial ways to defend yourself.
    Of course, when you only take the few things I've said. I've already stated that this was only a part of what is require. To explain the rest would have taken more time. But, everyone else in this thread didn't want to take the time. They preferred to be more like the peanut gallery.

This, too, is not on me either.

So open-minded people can't mock others?
    When one shows they have no desire to be and chooses flame baiting and other forms of fallacious logic, they demonstrate for all that they are not open minded. Actually proving and then, mockery is another issue completely. They couldn't even do that. And I do mean actually proving. Not this pansy a$$ 'it's true because I say so' drivel.

That's a pretty stringent definition.
    It's a definition based on logic. Your problem is with logic. Go call it names.

Same ol' same ol' - anyone who behaves in a way (get it? 'way'? you like that word A LOT) that you don't like, you say is close-minded.
    You've missed where I've said I don't have a problem with anyone not agreeing with me. As well as deliberately ignoring what I have said in this thread alone. I don't want followers. I hate sychophants, like those that have been posting in this thread. I have no need for a peanut gallery.

I stick with my original verdict
    Then, you choose to remain in ignorance. One day, the swift hammer of the truth will hit you on the head.

you're very clearly trying convince yourself of your own worth, and one of the easiest and least-assailable positions to take is that you're more open-minded. Hope it doesn't get too drafty this winter in that straw house.
    Given that you can't even be accurate about anything I've said, it is no surprise you're having problems with the truth. And given that I have spent enough time slumming with the common folk of those that have posted in this thread, I have repeatedly shown that I have yet to see anything resembling a true counterargument. That all I get is responses that are all the way down there with 4th graders.

So, until there actually is a true counterargument in this thread against what I've said, I see no reason to revisit this one anymore.

So, until there actually is a true counterargument in this thread against what I've said, I see no reason to revisit this one anymore.
    I win! I drove him off! You may all thank me later...
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

cjurakpt Guest
    you have passed the first test, young Jedi; now you must drive him off of the forum entirely to achieve true mastery...

Oh, the simple thinking continues to run rampant. How is that I could know if there is a decent counterargument, if I don't actually open the thread? You haven't driven me off of anything. Nor has anyone else. All I've done is said that I'll reply to a decent counterargument. Paying attention would be a big step up for you.

Because the intention of this thread by me was for there to be an honest, open debate without fallacious logic, including mockery, name calling and mockery have no business being here. That isn't being closed minded.

But, it isn't about you.
    its not their fault if the find u amusing now is it
    they diswcussed it
    determined that ur full of **** and gave out the appropriate mockery
    I've seen wittier comebacks in the junk in the tissues when I've blown my nose, while having a really bad cold.
    are u mocking his mocking skills ?

ah ah ah bad boyyyy
    It is the height of hubris to think that just because you, anyone you know of or think you know can't do something, that there is no way any one could do it.

The reasoning of the common folk is so much easier to work with than reality.
    so now we aree common folk ?

and that makes you what ?
    not common ?

above us maybe?
    Ha! When you call evidence 'because I say so' and the rest of the claimed evidence is mockery, this is when I feel pity instead of sympathy.
    maybe his evidence is plain common sense

common sense from common folk i guess huh ?

are u pitying us because we have different views and u are so far above ?

jesus christ get over yourself

If there really was a decent counterargument to what I said out of any of the posts here, I'd actually consider it. The peanut gallery throwing food and booing is not evidence.
    theres a peanut gallery ?

i just thought it was a group of ppl who all felt the same was about ur BS
    Did you really think the peanut gallery was capable of anything other than mockery and name calling? That's very sad for you. That is precisely what the peanut gallery is for.
    so everyone who's argument is against yours is part of the peanut gallery

tht must be a very large crowd
    its weird how we all feel the same way

The usual thinking of those that require others to agree with them to make themselves feel better about their views. I've seen it a lot in my life. It leads to nowhere because it's a crutch.
    yes where as u just try to convince yourself that u agree with you

and now u are free from the crutch of similar likeminded ppl who feel the same way on a subject

will u teach me ?

Of course, when you only take the few things I've said. I've already stated that this was only a part of what is require. To explain the rest would have taken more time. But, everyone else in this thread didn't want to take the time. They preferred to be more like the peanut gallery.

This, too, is not on me either.
    i have already explained my niews on this peanut gallery

on another note

who wants peanuts ?
    When one shows they have no desire to be and chooses flame baiting and other forms of fallacious logic, they demonstrate for all that they are not open minded. Actually proving and then, mockery is another issue completely. They couldn't even do that. And I do mean actually proving. Not this pansy a$$ 'it's true because I say so' drivel.
    u dont know these ppl u cant pass judgement on the state of their minds

are u saying i have fallacious logic ? i'm offended how dare u mock me in this honest discussion

and its not true or false at all its opinions

u keep talking about how we should all give evidence
    well we cant

we just all have a sense of reason and agree with each other

so what ?

ur the only person that can give evidence here

make a video of u getting elbowed in the face and not going limp
    then examine the results

then wait a bit
    and get elbowed in the face and use ur whole limpness thing

and look at the results with an impartial MT guy being the guy to elbow u both times

if ur right then it will be self evident
    lack of bruising non broken nose
    etc

It's a definition based on logic. Your problem is with logic. Go call it names.
    so the definition is logical
    so what he says makes perfect sense ?

yay
    You've missed where I've said I don't have a problem with anyone not agreeing with me. As well as deliberately ignoring what I have said in this thread alone. I don't want followers. I hate sychophants, like those that have been posting in this thread. I have no need for a peanut gallery.
    thats fair if u dont want sycophants u sure picked the right place

hell ppl are saying the direct opposite of wht u are saying
    Then, you choose to remain in ignorance. One day, the swift hammer of the truth will hit you on the head.
    is that a threat ?
    Given that you can't even be accurate about anything I've said, it is no surprise you're having problems with the truth. And given that I have spent enough time slumming with the common folk of those that have posted in this thread, I have repeatedly shown that I have yet to see anything resembling a true counterargument. That all I get is responses that are all the way down there with 4th graders.
    calling someone a 4th grader is mocking

hypocrite

and everyone has adressed what was said and mocked u for what u said because they found it amusing

argue back it is an argument after all its

i almost cried a little

thankyou merciful god

Unhappy

Oh, the simple thinking continues to run rampant. How is that I could know if there is a decent counterargument, if I don't actually open the thread? You haven't driven me off of anything. Nor has anyone else. All I've done is said that I'll reply to a decent counterargument. Paying attention would be a big step up for you.
    awwwwhh and u said u were going !!!