Thread: The Pole

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I will check out Desmond, if he comes so highly recommended, as I am open to learn something new just as much as most who post on here. Any site, link number I can get hold of him on??
    Desmond Spencer

Address:
    Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3
    London
    United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)2087767705

Information: Sunday at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre Trophy room, on Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3, times 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Tuesday and Thursday in South London Area, times 8:00pm to 10:00pm.

Thanks very much CFT! What a rapid response, do you train with Desmond? What can I expect to see at his school?

I couldn't get to the NW sessions though due to work, any info on the South London classes as I'm familiar with the area, especially Brixton.

Thanks very much CFT! What a rapid response, do you train with Desmond? What can I expect to see at his school?
    I don't train with Desmond, but I probably would if I still lived in NW London. I've got the information because at one point I was looking into training the WSL method - nothing came of it except finding out about various teachers scattered around the UK.

Just give him a ring and see where it takes you.

I'm not one to waste time on forums with '' made up nick names '' so I leave with this
    we have all had a case of the dreaded '' Sifu-itus or Linage-itus '' and we get all wrapped up in our comfort zone blanket with a all the warm little fuzzies that come with it .
    we think were special , our Sifu is special and our linage is special , and were so smart for picking the right place to be and train ,,, happens to us all it's part of the allure LOL

Reality is it's mainly BS and a pseudo pyramid / marketing scam

when you look at combat in it's raw form , it's really not that complicated 2 hands 2 feet body mechanics dominate positioning and the individual attributes to get there set it up and make the most out of it ...

when you see this ,,, you see through most of the junk that's out there

nothing wrong with preserving your family way if that's what your into just most of the ''training methods '' are dated and irrevalant in combat .. honest people will point that out .

you should also check out Kev Bell in South Hampton

PS... Kevin still doing research
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-07-2007 at 09:04 AM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

I throw stones at myself first I am who you are too...we are all very similar. Im just trying to get rid of the bs factor like ernie said , guys are making a living off you ....

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I throw stones at myself first I am who you are too...we are all very similar. Im just trying to get rid of the bs factor like ernie said , guys are making a living off you ....
    Again, k! If you had read any of my otHer posts about how I learnt, you would have realized that my tuition cost me nothing (financially) as Sifu refused my payments. The 'money' factor only came into play when it became obvious some students just didn't want to learn how to teach properly, so they were expelled, and charged money when they returned when they couldn't find anywhere else to train like we did.

Lee Shing himself also never 'made a living' from his Martial Art knowledge, and that is something I do know. He was a millionaire Restauranteur! His wife and grand daughter have both personally assured me that this was 'just the way he was'. I'm also not saying that charging money is wrong, it just needs to be well managed and thought out beforehand.

I feel sorry for people that are drawn into all that 'Martial Arts Career' madness, as I feel it should always be about what you can give back to society, not what you can take away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm not one to waste time on forums with '' made up nick names '' so I leave with this
    we have all had a case of the dreaded '' Sifu-itus or Linage-itus '' and we get all wrapped up in our comfort zone blanket with a all the warm little fuzzies that come with it .
    we think were special , our Sifu is special and our linage is special , and were so smart for picking the right place to be and train ,,, happens to us all it's part of the allure LOL

Reality is it's mainly BS and a pseudo pyramid / marketing scam
    Sorry to actually 'care' about my teacher, his reputation and the memory of Lee Shing! I can relate to exactly what you're saying here, except I didn't 'pick' my teacher from a bunch and he didn't 'choose' me from a line up. It was something more than that, as it was with the five of us that went through the harder times.

One of the reasons we all drifted was because of the pyramid like scams you talk of here, except it wasn't exactly like that for me personally as I never really 'paid' to learn. Maybe most people just have a reaction to a single 'head', but I never really saw any issues in that.

I have never once said that I still train with him, yet peoples impressions of me are already full of the 'young newbie' stereotype.

I also only really learnt a small amount, in comparison to my elders who have been involved in Wing Chun since the seventies. They talked like you do too, especially about previous Sifus sometimes, but they understand why it all happened, and especially who Lee Shing 'was'!

Sorry to actually 'care' about my teacher, his reputation and the memory of Lee Shing! I can relate to exactly what you're saying here, except I didn't 'pick' my teacher from a bunch and he didn't 'choose' me from a line up. It was something more than that, as it was with the five of us that went through the harder times.
    I'm sure everyone has there own sob story and persoanl rational [ part of the TMA mind f uck ] what ever floats your boat man

LoneTiger108-- have never once said that I still train with him, yet peoples impressions of me are already full of the 'young newbie' stereotype.

Last bit of advice -- it's not the newbie thing it's your an overzealous linage banner waver ,,, no one really cares and most of us have learned to speak on personal experience not trying to stick our [ Gag ! ] linage into every single post .
    might try and ease up on that if you plan to stay on the island

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Last bit of advice -- it's not the newbie thing it's your an overzealous linage banner waver ,,, no one really cares and most of us have learned to speak on personal experience not trying to stick our [ Gag ! ] linage into every single post .
    might try and ease up on that if you plan to stay on the island
    Thanks for the advice.

Okay, so I started a thread on the Lee Shing Family and tend to write a lot, but 'overzealous linage banner'??? C'mon!! WTF??

Have you looked at your own 'brand' lately. No disrespect intended here but do you not teach 'Wong Shun Leung Gary Lam Ving Tsun'?? What is that if it's not a banner?? Strapped to your profile and every post you make in the form of a website. Modern marketing is all it is.

I guess you'll be teaching WSLGL Ernie Ving Tsun, and the 'overzealous banners' carry on and on...

Thanks for the advice.

Okay, so I started a thread on the Lee Shing Family and tend to write a lot, but 'overzealous linage banner'??? C'mon!! WTF??

Have you looked at your own 'brand' lately. No disrespect intended here but do you not teach 'Wong Shun Leung Gary Lam Ving Tsun'?? What is that if it's not a banner?? Strapped to your profile and every post you make in the form of a website. Modern marketing is all it is.

I guess you'll be teaching WSLGL Ernie Ving Tsun, and the 'overzealous banners' carry on and on...
    LOL you have a point ,, and i have thought about dumping the whole thing many times ,,,, just feels chessy

but i don't rant about my teacher on every post like it's something special now do I

as for the website link ,,, it just a link of initials isn't it

good luck with you journey

LOL you have a point ,, and i have thought about dumping the whole thing many times ,,,, just feels chessy

but i don't rant about my teacher on every post like it's something special now do I

as for the website link ,,, it just a link of initials isn't it

good luck with you journey
    Agreed...

So the information itself is what should be judged or evaluated not where it came from...right???
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Desmond Spencer

Address:
    Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3
    London
    United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)2087767705

Information: Sunday at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre Trophy room, on Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3, times 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Tuesday and Thursday in South London Area, times 8:00pm to 10:00pm.

hes a nice guy , hope you find something ....ribbet ..thas me ribbeting not you