Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunami hit Japan and soon Taiwan

this tsunami will remind people that we are all human, that being first world does not make us demigods.

its not honorable to gloat when your enemy is suffering, but im not gonna offer any false sympathies either. whatever happened happened, whatever will happen let it happen.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-11-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

well we can learn alot from the japanese here... look how well they have turned out, all considering... they build their cities with this scenario in mind... not much you can do about the water, but the buildings that were built properly did pretty well... a 7.0 leveled haiti, for example, cause haitis building codes suck... we build well here too... i have friends that work in seismic engeneering... they spend alot of time in cali and oregon showing the builders down there how to give the buildings enough flexibility to withstand alot of damage from a shake... lots of money in that these days... here, in vancity, everything goes thru seismic inspection... we even have safety cords on potlights in a starbucks.... even those lil 3 inchers... all planned for...

8.9 is ****ing HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, and Tokyo is still standing.

Those Japanese are preparing for alien invaders or giant mecha warfare, of course they will build sturdy.

Japan has a lot of cool sh1t (weird sh1t, but cool)
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

i like the whirlpool vid... you see that one unlucky fukcer going in... i wonder how hard it would be to get out if you tried to slingshot off the edge? i can see how going right against it could be futile, but what if you went with it and then tried to power out at the right time...

Gov. Jerry Brown issued state of emergencies in four coastal counties on friday after hearing of the earthquake.... over-react much???

on a more positive note, warren buffet lost 150 mill when that quake hit...

whole towns gone

For the past few days I have been extremely upset. The town where I lived in Japan has been wiped off the face of the planet by the tsunami.

It is under sea water. At this time there it is very hard to get information on the surviviors.

I have lost many martial arts teachers, friends and coworkers who helped shape me into the person I am today.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T110312004789.htm

Please keep the people of Yamada Machi and Iwate Prefecture and other placed destroyed by the tsunami in your thoughts and prayers.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

dale,

i echo your sentiments - my brother and his family live in fukuoka (needless to say i was relieved when i found out my niece is okay). the damage is unbelievable; i look at pictures of the cities that i visited just back in january...and can't believe what i now see.
    my thoughts and prayers will be with yours.

i know that a local martial arts instructor is going to host a benefit for japan...i hope to participate. i know that tiger claw has a history helping when they can - i hope they will in this case.
    Last edited by kristcaldwell; 03-13-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Wow, the reports may be over 10,000 dead...its so hard to tell right now, I'm sure that the numbers will be all over the map. With the video damage I tend to believe that number is a possibility...and now the nuclear threat!

I admire how well the Japanese are handling this crisis and hope for a massive US response, soon!!!!
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Who knows, it could be even more than that. 9,500 are missing in one town alone. It's also really erie that there are 4 whole trains missing. They probably crashed and were swept out to sea.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

my sis and in laws live in tokyo area.

they called me at the instance/moment of earthquake took place. but it was too late for people to evacuate from tsunami. everything happened so fast.

--

Update on Yamada Machi in Iwate

My old stomping ground where I lived for a period of years is ravaged.

http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/...na015000c.html

80% of the town has been wiped out.

13,000 people are missing/unaccounted for.

Please keep the people of Yamada, Iwate and Japan in your thoughts and prayers.

I thank you.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Tom Lugo: The Man Whose Heart Sings Love

Many of you are already familiar with a very special man in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania named Tom Lugo. A man with the biggest heart in the world. Tom is the leading force behind the band Stellarscope and the owner of Patetico Recordings. He is also the man behind a number of music festivals, such as the Pop Noise Fest, in Philadelphia and Puerto Rico.

When times are tough, Tom is always the first to step up to the plate to contribute what he can in the ways that he does best.

As Japan continues to rumble, Tom has already devised a way to help collect a few funds to aid in the relief for the many victims of this tragedy. A series of compilations are underway to help aid the Japan Disaster Relief Fund. Though enough material has already been collected for a couple compilations, Tom is already considering a 3rd, and maybe even a 4th, to add to the collection.

There are three ways that you may be able to help.

1.) If you are a musician, you can submit a track for consideration for one of the later compilations. Make sure you select something good and not that piece of crap you can’t use because your singer smoked himself silly the night before and the guitar player had to resort to old worn out rusty strings because there weren’t any others left after breaking the last E and G strings anywhere near the studio. Besides, it was a crappy song anyway that really had no direction.

I’ve seen a few names of some who have already contributed a song and it promises to be a must for your collections. Some names that you will be proud to share some digital space with including a few rare tracks.

Remember, this will help to get you heard by an audience who may have never heard of you before. Also, if selected, you will be placed amongst others who have something worth hearing. Let the world hear you too are worth a listen.

You may submit your track to Tom Lugo at panophonic@yahoo.com as soon as possible.

2.) Once the compilations are released, buy yourself at least one copy of each compilation. By ‘buy a copy’, I mean actually spend a little money on a real copy, be it a hard copy issued CD or, if you prefer, a digital copy. I do not mean download a pirate copy that will give you the music but not do a thing to send aid to Japan. Remember people, that’s what this is all about. Helping our brothers and sisters in Japan. They need all that we can muster up, along with a few prayers or other loving vibes you might be able to send them.

Once these babies are ready, CDs and digital copies will be available from Amazon and through iTunes. While you are at it, don’t forget to maybe do a little early Christmas shopping or other gift purchasing while you’re there. It’s the kind of gift that gives to both your loved ones and to those greatly in need.

3.) Spread the word. Chat up these compilations and tell the rest of the world how great they are. Every little bit helps and Lord knows Japan needs every little bit that we can do for them right now and for a very long time to come.

Keep your eyes open on the Patetico Recordings website for the official release of these compiliations. Air Atlantic Underground Radio will also help to keep you up to date. Let’s help Tom spread the love.

-Jaguar

-Addendum- (March 14, 2011):

From the man himself, here is a partial list of some of the bands who have already submitted tracks.

SPC ECO, Screen Vinyl Image, Ceremony, Stellarium, Dead Leaf Echo, Sway, The Hope Slide, The Sunshine Factory, Dirty Pulp Theatre, Insect Guide, Bliss.City.East, Un.Real, Ser.Es, and many more.

The artwork, mastering and final details are in the works. It will only be a matter of weeks before the first compilations will be released as a digital download. Shortly afterwards, the CDs will be sold through Amazon.

Keep checking back for more details.

http://airatlanticunderground.com/20...r-relief-fund/
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Fukushima: Nuclear Meltdown SAFE

- Yagyū Munenori

Excellent read! Thank you!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!