Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Dark ,

Agreed and understood. I think concave is a very bad word, I should have put it in quotation marks as it is the word always used. Bad word! hehe

A relaxed heart. This is a better idea.

Thanks for replying to my post also.

Cheers,

Tao
    Yes much better TY Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    There is a combination like this in Dey Sut, where most the kicking creativity comes from, however the kicks are directed lower in the version I have learned. Knee and hip joint, with the cresent to the head once the opponent has been kicked in the guts and bent over.

Its quite common for people, especially coming from other kicking arts, to say, 'Hey I can kick High too' and do so.

There's also a brutal low kick in Saam Mun...across the body to the leg, not the regular "teep" kinda stabbing front kick.
    LOL I think I get it Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Tao of CLC Pak Mei Pai:

研拳術 究拳宗
    直步拳 是練功
    吞吐浮沉在其中
    苦練功成勁貫通
    十字本事扣打術
    三門乃是偷打功
    鞭橋搶打猛如龍
    四門八卦勢如風
    地煞勤練好腿功
    循步繼而學正宗
    九步推,法猶兇
    推馬行橋任我攻
    十八摩 變化多
    暗藏機關重疊重
    練到爐火純青後
    猛虎出林是高峰

Form: Sei Moon Baat Gwa is in fact in exisistance for us CLC lineages. I tried to create a small wind with my 3 foot tiger kicks.
    Ahhh from CBL 5/6th Generation Thank you

I disagree.
    Sei Moon Baat Gwa is definitely part of the curriculum. It was Som Moon Baat gwa that was added by some other lineages.
    The CLC Pak Mei Saying written by CLC is "四門八掛(勢)細如風" Sei Moon Baat Gwa Sai Yu Fung. Which means the four schools combine to create a momentum like small wind.
    Ng Hang and Ng Hang Mor is the closed door forms, which deal with the concept of elements.

Do not confuse with Gwa's in Taiji. Very very different.

Forms: Jik Bo, Gau Bo tui, Sup Baat Mor Kiu (which does not mean demons,but merely rubbing/adhering), Mang Fu Chuet Lam, Som Moon Chui, Sei Moon Baat Gwa, Sup Gee Kau Da, Dai Sup Gee "Sek Si Kuen", Ying Jow Nim Kiu, Gum Gong Kuen, Ng Hang Kuen, Dei Saat Kuen, Ng Hang Mor. These are all the hand forms.
    1.according to your PM and maybe a few others.

2.There was my confusion.your confusion hasnt surfaced yet

3.1st and 2nd generation I assure you wasn't that which you speak.you also have to check CLC pre-HK

I suppose its not important only that evolvement is the answer in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Alex, it would totally rock if you video taped (if only to send just to me! lol) some of these free hand fighting skills and sticky hand challenges!

Dark , with you and your family's qualifications, it would be totally awesome if you taped yourselves in action and posted the footage as well!!!
    Faruq as you may have anticipated,I don't think it will happen in my life time our preservation is intact and is not open unfortunately to you so sorry to decline
    Mr Dukes is also far superior than myself 's and looks much better I too would love to see these free hand fighting skills but after yesterday on youtube pm I think Ive had enough of Videos.

I also do yang style taiji and a little chen. I do agree, taji has great health benefits by keeping the body limber. Do you have any clips on youtube??
    I have one, but taiji is too political so the ratings aren't good. Watch it if you'd like. It has only 7 postures in that clip.

In my taiji it is like a river never stale and does not bob. But my Pak Mei is like the seaside with lots of waves.

Clips clips clips!!?!
    Yes It is healthy and more,I do have a whole collection sets training methods etc but unfortunately they are only for my son,and I doubt you would need to see them anyway.

Thanks for reading

True. So few of the people who post here actually put up clips. I applaud Mr Do for all his clips, and actually admire that he's been able to learn all these arts. I wish I had been able to at some point.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

There is a combination like this in Dey Sut, where most the kicking creativity comes from, however the kicks are directed lower in the version I have learned. Knee and hip joint, with the cresent to the head once the opponent has been kicked in the guts and bent over.

Its quite common for people, especially coming from other kicking arts, to say, 'Hey I can kick High too' and do so.

There's also a brutal low kick in Saam Mun...across the body to the leg, not the regular "teep" kinda stabbing front kick.
    "Yum Cha". You nailed it correctly. Dei Saat Kuen does have a sliding scissors,kneeling side kick, a hand stand double gut kick and jump inner cresent kick to the head.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Yes It is healthy and more,I do have a whole collection sets training methods etc but unfortunately they are only for my son,and I doubt you would need to see them anyway.

Thanks for reading
    Chen? Yang? Which do you practice?

In regards to TCMA in MMA..

Alex, it would totally rock if you video taped (if only to send just to me! lol) some of these free hand fighting skills and sticky hand challenges! On this forum as in so many other places, whether traditional chinese martial arts even work is a point of serious contentious in this MMA/UFC world. Especially when at all the tournaments martial artists of every style revert to kickboxing, to the point that you would never be able to guess what style or school they were representing without being told. So anytime anyone with your skills comes along, I've got to ask him to represent for TCMA!

Dark Chi, with you and your family's qualifications, it would be totally awesome if you taped yourselves in action and posted the footage as well!!!
    If I ever did TCMA in MMA, I'd have to give up my day job and family. I could never do that, unless fate had it set up that way....

Alex

If I ever did TCMA in MMA, I'd have to give up my day job and family. I could never do that, unless fate had it set up that way....

Alex
    No Alex, I just meant taping some of your free hand fighting skills and sticky hand challenges so we could finally see a martial artist using his art in combat rather than reverting to generic kickboxing like everyone else. Of course this could be taken to the next levels as well of tournaments, and then the MMA; but I'd be happy to just see Pak Mei Pai or SPM used in a fight...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

No Alex, I just meant taping some of your free hand fighting skills and sticky hand challenges so we could finally see a martial artist using his art in combat rather than reverting to generic kickboxing like everyone else. Of course this could be taken to the next levels as well of tournaments, and then the MMA; but I'd be happy to just see Pak Mei Pai or SPM used in a fight...
    See, here it is in a nutshell....

Unless you do it, you don't know what to expect from Pak Mei. That is a tremendous advantage.
    What you see on youtube, in terms of fighting, is generally basic to middle grade, or guys doing San Da. Maybe some advanced guys doing static demos...

All kinds of people can give you the rap on the internal and external powers, the formulas, the 8 hands, but when it comes to the down and dirty of the fighting technique, its a whole another story. I even get grief for what I post on our website....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Chen? Yang? Which do you practice?
    Many people study Chen and yang from Pm I wonder why?

I study Yin and Li of course.Why would I practice any other?

True. So few of the people who post here actually put up clips. I applaud Mr Do for all his clips, and actually admire that he's been able to learn all these arts. I wish I had been able to at some point.
    Why Faruq? Isnt your WC enough?

See, here it is in a nutshell....

Unless you do it, you don't know what to expect from Pak Mei. That is a tremendous advantage.
    What you see on youtube, in terms of fighting, is generally basic to middle grade, or guys doing San Da. Maybe some advanced guys doing static demos...

All kinds of people can give you the rap on the internal and external powers, the formulas, the 8 hands, but when it comes to the down and dirty of the fighting technique, its a whole another story. I even get grief for what I post on our website....
    It seem you've had some experience of this "down and dirty" Yum Cha and so you should get grief.It takes a serious mind to spar or fight with Pm its very dangerous without self control its easy to damage your sparring partner.
    Eg.when you watch Bruce Lee doing chi sao he has control and respects by not full extending otherwise he would really hurt his sparring partner.Far to often I see chi sao boys of wing chun mainly from Leung tin's line extending more than they should,they say its so that when they really need to punch they wont stop half way(what a load of croc I say)Funny thing is when they go to competitions the revert to Kick boxing style as Faruq mentioned earlier.
    Most Arts don't show you how to attack an opponent,Pm does.

P.s I only use Bruce Lee as an example because of his Ging(wing chun doesn't use Ging btw they use Lim Lik)