Thread: Judo

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    you know, thinking about it this could be a good thing for me.

kind of a wake up call. im 30 and have never had my license......maybe its time LOL
    Freaking kids....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Freaking kids....
    lol, right?

thanks for calling me a kid though.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Finally found a Judo club i can get to consistently, new place here in portland!!! stoked

50 bucks a month for unlimited classes.

last time i did a search for judo in my area the only place was way north and unattainable. this meets my schedule too where as the other place was too early for me.
    Last edited by Lucas; 07-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Finally found a Judo club i can get to consistently, new place here in portland!!! stoked

50 bucks a month for unlimited classes.

http://portlandjudo.com/

last time i did a search for judo in my area the only place was way north and unattainable. this meets my schedule too where as the other place was too early for me.
    Nice!

You're lucky. I had to quit my Kodokan club because of schedule conflictions. I really hope I can get back there some day. One of the most useful and most fun places i've ever trained.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Also, pay no attention to the politics. There seems to be a lot between the associations in Judo. USJA, USJF, etc.

The bottom line is that it is all the same.

I will say that I asked to train at a different associations club while out of town once and they were happy to oblige regardless.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb