Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: RUSSIAN MARTIAL ART "SYSTEMA"

What? No Tactical Pullups???

systema drills

Systema, Taiji, Bagua.

Simply theories for martial artists who already have a base.

Taiji now suck (majority) bagua as well. No hitting or real partner work.

I highly recommend cross training in systema drills. It will change your kung fu for the better.

systema is for queers, like you

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Both of you quack like ducks. Please hop on a plate and get in the oven.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

The last time I tried out some bagua (May of this year), it was all throws and partner work at a friends club.

the last time I did tai chi, it was locks and takedowns and all partner work, except for the 42 at the end of the workout.

I don't do IMA often, but when I do, your mom gets a little excited.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

True, but systema drills are different and worth doing.

Yesterday we punched each other for 3 hours learning how the movement changed when we were hit and how little power generation is needed. Actually almost none. We did multiple opponent drills and in the end I was softer than if I had done taiji for 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    True, but systema drills are different and worth doing.

Yesterday we punched each other for 3 hours learning how the movement changed when we were hit and how little power generation is needed. Actually almost none. We did multiple opponent drills and in the end I was softer than if I had done taiji for 7 hours.
    systema has some good stuff in it.

However, it shot itself in the foot with all the no touch nonsense.
    It would have not discredited itself had it not tried to enter into that field of lunacy.

Other than that, as russian martial arts go, I think I would classify Sambo over what systema offers. it's more direct and to the point.

I can't get past the fluff lin kong jin garbage that systema promotes. I like the spetznaz based stuff and can't stand the fruitcake stuff.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I agree. Actually I think combat sambo is a better way to learn Kung fu than most kung fu classes.

The no touch stuff I'm starting to understand.

You can't really throw someone with it, but you can trick them into breaking their own structure if you are really hitting. After their structure is broken it is easier to throw them.

Tricking them into falling down on their own requires them to have a lot of fear, which many beginners do, charging around without balance.

Yes they did shoot themselves in the foot, but it is one of them most worthy methods of cross training I have come across, the other being mma

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    I agree. Actually I think combat sambo is a better way to learn Kung fu than most kung fu classes.

The no touch stuff I'm starting to understand.

You can't really throw someone with it, but you can trick them into breaking their own structure if you are really hitting. After their structure is broken it is easier to throw them.

Tricking them into falling down on their own requires them to have a lot of fear, which many beginners do, charging around without balance.

Yes they did shoot themselves in the foot, but it is one of them most worthy methods of cross training I have come across, the other being mma
    combat sambo is derived from....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Combat sambo is derived from placebo cuz it rhymes and cuz I did my science lab work onnit soz I noes
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Combat sambo is derived from placebo cuz it rhymes and cuz I did my science lab work onnit soz I noes
    well that explains 47 years of wrong that I've been abiding with...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It's okay. Don't feel bad that you've been mislead. Just do the double-blind studies in your science kit (oh my goodness I almost forgot! don't forget to video tape the whole thing & post it on youtube) and then you will learn teh realz that sambo comes from placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    It's okay. Don't feel bad that you've been mislead. Just do the double-blind studies in your science kit (oh my goodness I almost forgot! don't forget to video tape the whole thing & post it on youtube) and then you will learn teh realz that sambo comes from placebo.
    wow, your'e some kind of living god!

I kow tow 3x!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

why you tow cows

use a truck

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    why you tow cows

use a truck
    I'll give you three cows for your truck.

It runs right?

*rubs truck
    Kung Fu is good for you.