Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Training

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i have access to world class MMA and no gi grappling, very good BBJ and judo
    I am sure you are fitting loads of that into your middle aged desk jockey life. You are surely in peak physical condition and getting the most out of training methodologies based upon the abilities of top sportsmen in their 20s who are training every day.

As far as BJJ goes, it is a very good traditional system and a good adition to VT.

excellent bak mei so what on earth would make me search out WSLVT
    I don't think there is much more in the youtube world of Bak Mei clips than you will find in terms of WSL VT. Why then Bak Mei? No "evidence" of BM "tearing it up in MMA comps". No BM based champions in sporting events. Just the usual TMA type of stuff. Shouldn't you be rejecting this out of hand?

Anyone who has been around good fighters knows that the training it takes to become a good fighter is pretty straight forward and uniform across all styles, the particular rules you compete in or lack of them dictate strategies to a certain extend but the training methods are pretty much standard
    Training methods are not remotely similar between for example BJJ and (say) boxing.

so when someone claims a unique way of viewing training and fighting but can't post anything outside of compliant none contact work it makes my spidey sense tingle
    Many sports MA will do a large amount of cooperative training.The difference in WSL VT training compared to other wing chun is that applications are not taught. This does not mean that sparring and other contact training is not done- in fact it is an essential element. If you want to see it then you will need to go and see it, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    To be honest, I really do not need anything specific anymore.
    My interest is not that high at this point
    If you are not interested then it was nice to talk to you, goodbye.

Please don't allow yourself to start trolling the thread like KPM, that would be a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    In any other physical endeavour such claims would be laughed out of town,
    What are these claims?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Bullsh!t.

Here is a real example from earlier in this thread of your question and my answer, which you ignored.

No. In pun-sau, taan and fuk are antagonistic training tools for developing VT punching. Neither are "techniques" for fighting. Bong ensures squared facing while training the punches, and helps prevent overturning for example in seung-ma/teui-ma drills.
    Not ignored, it simply makes no sense.
    If you have Taun, and other things in your poon sau or other training, and do not use those techniques when fighting, then what do you use???

Now please provide an actual answer not the same old verbage of we do not use 1:1 applications.

I would really like to know what you do if and when you fight.
    Cause if you honestly have no applications I know some people who would love to mug you.
    Of course they would not really be mugging you but would be using the way of not working to make money.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Where are yours???

It would seem that the empirical evidence does not support your claims.

Is this a clip of your training??
    I do not see any "techniques" or 1:1 applications so I immediately thought of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y3uALLNY4A

This video would seem to show that when one has faith in an unrealistic method it often fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Sorry, I am positing this in fun but hope it is understandable.

After all, according to you, the forms do not teach any applications.
    In a fight you do not use any of the techniques from the form.
    You ask others for videos but you don't show any of you doing anything.

I gotta admit that at first I thought we could actually get past differences and have a conversation.
    Then more of the same non answers and obvious attitude of superiority.
    Now I am just bored and laughing at how silly you sound.

Too bad there is no one training near where I live.
    I would love to see this approach in person.
    Would like to see how one fights without applications.
    I somehow feel it would be like the first video.
    Well hey, jackazz, the one not engaging in serious conversation here between the two of us is you.

I don't care about Frost's videos. I was mocking him, because none of the "evidence" he demands from others is forthcoming from himself.

If you have Taun, and other things in your poon sau or other training, and do not use those techniques when fighting, then what do you use???
    I said taan is a training tool for the punch. We punch in fighting, we do not use the training tool.

Why is this difficult to understand?

Cause if you honestly have no applications I know some people who would love to mug you.
    That's retarded. Having no preset 1:1 application ideas or drills does not mean we don't punch people.

Well hey, jackazz, the one not engaging in serious conversation here between the two of us is you.

I don't care about Frost's videos. I was mocking him, because none of the "evidence" he demands from others is forthcoming from himself.
    Ah, when unable to respond with an intelligent answer you result to insults and profanity

I would say that is very telling of your level of skill.

It is good that we don't live near each other, if I can get inside your head and elicit such a reaction on an internet forum imagine how much control I would have in person.

You sir are very amusing and predictable.
    Peace,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I don't think there is much more in the youtube world of Bak Mei clips than you will find in terms of WSL VT. Why then Bak Mei? No "evidence" of BM "tearing it up in MMA comps". No BM based champions in sporting events. Just the usual TMA type of stuff. Shouldn't you be rejecting this out of hand?

Training methods are not remotely similar between for example BJJ and (say) boxing.

Many sports MA will do a large amount of cooperative training.The difference in WSL VT training compared to other wing chun is that applications are not taught. This does not mean that sparring and other contact training is not done- in fact it is an essential element. If you want to see it then you will need to go and see it, simple as that.
    Right.....

Where are yours???

It would seem that the empirical evidence does not support your claims.
    LFJ is using Frost's usual line against him. For Frost it is all about posting video's of your favourite MMA stars winning in MMA competition. From this he conjectures that his 1x per week in the local stripmall MMA place is making him similarly effective. Of course this is nonsense.

We are both very happy to engage in written discussion of details relating to WSL VT once this constant demand for clips is put to bed.

Is this a clip of your training??
    I do not see any "techniques" or 1:1 applications so I immediately thought of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y3uALLNY4A

This video would seem to show that when one has faith in an unrealistic method it often fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Sorry, I am positing this in fun but hope it is understandable.

After all, according to you, the forms do not teach any applications.
    In a fight you do not use any of the techniques from the form.
    You ask others for videos but you don't show any of you doing anything
    Please don't troll

I gotta admit that at first I thought we could actually get past differences and have a conversation.
    Then more of the same non answers and obvious attitude of superiority
    We can have a conversation if you like. Just ask what you want to ask and I or LFJ will answer. Try not to forget answers you have heard before. You seem determined not to have a nice conversation though I have to say

Too bad there is no one training near where I live.
    I would love to see this approach in person.
    Would like to see how one fights without applications.
    I somehow feel it would be like the first video.
    You can always go somewhere not near where you live. Luckily we live in an age of cheap and easy air travel.
    Last edited by guy b.; 04-14-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Now please provide an actual answer not the same old verbage of we do not use 1:1 applications.

Of course they would not really be mugging you but would be using the way of not working to make money.
    We punch, we attack. It is a very simple system.
    Last edited by guy b.; 04-14-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Ah, when unable to respond with an intelligent answer you result to insults and profanity
    It was not an intelligent post, just a pointless shot-take.

If you want to have an adult conversation, please engage in a more serious fashion.

I said taan is a training tool for the punch. We punch in fighting, we do not use the training tool.

Why is this difficult to understand?

That's retarded. Having no preset 1:1 application ideas or drills does not mean we don't punch people.
    Again with the insults, as I said certainly predictable.

So all you do is punch people???

You have no parries or ways to deflect attacks???

I am impressed as I certainly wish I never needed to parry or deflect an attack but could just keep punching.
    Wait, I recall seeing videos of people chasing their opponent using just chain punching. Is that what you do?
    If so, then there may be something to you not having any applications.
    Peace,

Dave

It was not an intelligent post, just a pointless shot-take.

If you want to have an adult conversation, please engage in a more serious fashion.
    Certainly not pointless, I got you to respond in a very predictable manner.

An example of tactics which can be used in real fighting.

Again, a confirmation of your level of skill.

Happy Friday
    Peace,

Dave

Don't say stupid things.

VT punching has built in defensive capabilities. That's what taan and fuk train.

I am impressed as I certainly wish I never needed to parry or deflect an attack but could just keep punching.
    Wait, I recall seeing videos of people chasing their opponent using just chain punching. Is that what you do?
    Just quit being stupid and ask if you don't understand.

I think LFJ is responding to your trollish post before. I guess talk straight if you don't want insulted back.

The punch contains lin siu dai da, because of the way we train it

We don't have applications, the punch is the main weapon. It is a simple system.