Thread: Northern Shaolin forms online?

Northern Shaolin forms online?

Hi all!

I practised Northern Shaolin (Northern Shaolin Boxing School, by Gu Ru Zhang 顾汝章) during my teenage. Now I'm practising other styles for having no Northern Shaolin center here in this city, but I'd like to remember all the forms I had learnt.

Is there any online content for seeing the forms? Pictures will be ok to remember everything, but videos would be way better. I've been searching it online, but I found nothing good but the 1st form we learn here in Brazil, as Chen Guo Wei 陈国伟 (Northern Shaolin introducer in Brazil) created a kind of introductory first form for teaching Brazilians, as he considered the real first form was too difficult to learn for beginners.

It feels a wee bit weird when someone where I train asks me to show some forms, but I only remember the first one. lol

Cheers in advance for any help!
    向雷锋学习!~

“人生根本不存在极限,但是却存在着停滞期。你不能在这个阶段停留,要跨越它。如果你跨越不了它,就会被它 彻底摧毁。” - 《李小龙》

“保持空灵之心,无形,无法,就像水一样。水倒入杯中就成了杯子的形状,倒入瓶中就成为瓶子的形状,倒入茶 壶中就成为茶壶的形状。而水能载舟亦能覆舟。像水一样吧,我的朋友。” - 《李小龙》

Quote Originally Posted by Linghu Xuanang View Post
    Hi all!

I practised Northern Shaolin (Northern Shaolin Boxing School, by Gu Ru Zhang 顾汝章) during my teenage. Now I'm practising other styles for having no Northern Shaolin center here in this city, but I'd like to remember all the forms I had learnt.

Is there any online content for seeing the forms? Pictures will be ok to remember everything, but videos would be way better. I've been searching it online, but I found nothing good but the 1st form we learn here in Brazil, as Chen Guo Wei 陈国伟 (Northern Shaolin introducer in Brazil) created a kind of introductory first form for teaching Brazilians, as he considered the real first form was too difficult to learn for beginners.

It feels a wee bit weird when someone where I train asks me to show some forms, but I only remember the first one. lol

Cheers in advance for any help!

here you go: http://www.youtube.com/user/winglamkungfu
    fwiw, scroll down and keep loading. He has all 10 sets + prelim sets + weapons etc etc etc. If you want the whole set, you gotta buy it though. :-)
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 04-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

We also have the BSL lyrics on this forum

BSL Lyrics:Movements and names
    If you sift through the individual threads that are indexed on the post above, you might find a few more loose vids. We've dedicated a thread to each of those BSL forms.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Pretty soon it'll be in every other strip mall across america
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Thanks, guys! Ye have helped me a lot!
    向雷锋学习!~

“保持空灵之心,无形,无法,就像水一样。水倒入杯中就成了杯子的形状,倒入瓶中就成为瓶子的形状,倒入茶 壶中就成为茶壶的形状。而水能载舟亦能覆舟。像水一样吧,我的朋友。” - 《李小龙》

Just make sure you post fresh pics of the hurdlers and the beach volleyball girls when they olympic it up at your place.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I know a shaolin practitioner who has put up almost every single shaolin form on youtube numerous times! He's a great guy and also provides with allot of information... HERE YOU GO:

http://www.youtube.com/user/shemmati10yt
    "He who say's does not know, he who knows does not say"

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Just make sure you post fresh pics of the hurdlers and the beach volleyball girls when they olympic it up at your place.
    haha~~ No problem. It's gonna be a wee bit far from where I live, but I'll apply for being a volunteer though, then if I get it I think I'll be able to take great pics for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post
    I know a shaolin practitioner who has put up almost every single shaolin form on youtube numerous times! He's a great guy and also provides with allot of information... HERE YOU GO:

http://www.youtube.com/user/shemmati10yt
    Ah, well, these forms are different to the ones I learned on Northern Shaolin, but most of the techniques seem to be very similar. Thanks, BlackEChan!
    Last edited by Linghu Xuanang; 04-05-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Answering one more post
    向雷锋学习!~

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Pretty soon it'll be in every other strip mall across america
    Hopefully! My master's kung fu center was founded in 1972, here in my hometown, it's called Dragγo Vermelho (Red Dragon). He learned Northern Shaolin from Chan Kowk Wai (陈国伟). Chan Kowk Wai was the first person to bring Northern Shaolin to Brazil and probably to bring kung fu in general to Brazil.
    向雷锋学习!~

I know who Master Chan is as I know many of his long time students. I am a Northern Shaolin practitioner for a little while now. I am interested in our system not becoming mainstream strip mall fodder, time will tell
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

BTW, there are 2 BSL articles in the Shaolin Special 2013

The Father of Northern Shaolin By Arnaldo Ty Nuρez

Buk Sil Lum and Songshan By Scott Jensen

Shaolin Special 2013
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart