Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

@ Hardwork108

I have one even better. Why don't you, with your vast knowledge of true TCMA post a video of you sparring and using your methods, or you practicing your methods on a partner, or you doing anything YOURSELF that in anyway resembles the garbage you spew on here on a daily basis. Of course we all know you won't do that because you are a coward, a wannabe and what's most humoring is you are a hypocrite who likes to claim no one knows anything about TCMA except you yet not once in all my time on this forum have you ever produced a single shred of evidence that you even train.

I'm sure this will be followed up with more banterings about how I have never trained in real TCMA (good thing you are so knowledgeable of my teachers) along with examples of OTHERS who train and have produced good fighters, most of whom you have probably never even met, yet you will use them as examples as if that somehow makes you or what you believe work. You are sad and deluded and honestly man people should really pity you, I know I do.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol true i dont claim to be good, but i do know i have been lucky with my coaches and sifu, I judge my TCMA sifu on what they could do to me,
    IMHO, you should go further and judge them on what they are willing to teach you.

Also, you should consider wether their fighting ability (what they could do to you) is directly connected to their kung fu knowledge.

and the respect they got in the chinese and hakka community here in the UK,
    The respect they get in the Hakka community may not have anything to do with what they are willing to reveal to you or to most of their students.

i have been lucky enough to train for years under a master, who regardless of what others said of him was always asked to demo and attend Hakka gatherings here in the UK, my other sifu who i spent no where near as much time with is a senior student of another well respected master
    Yet again, the world is full of people who are Masters and senior sifus, but again, the world is full of Mcdojos as well. So, there seems to be this mysterious paradox where these two groups exist on the same planet, where by the way, many such as yourself have no idea as regards the Internals and their various power/strength methodologies that do not involve weight training - or even TCMA aspects such as ground fighting.

My MMA and grappling coach was the first UK coach to have guys fighting in pride and the UFC, and my powerlifting coach is a current world record holder, so when i judge the above i feel i have a good base to do so, but again there's no point to this so you enjoy your training
    I am sure that you are pretty good at MMA. So, enjoy your training too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    If you adapt most TMAs for ring fighting and then carry out appropriate training, then they will be effective, but that does not change the fact that some TMA schools do not consider sports fighting as important, even if they still teach combat effectiveness.

I really could not care less, as far as I am concerned the TCMAs are effective combat systems and their effectiveness is not related to the number of TCMA-ists in sports competitions. Of course, as you know for those TCMA-ists who want to do that, there are always the Sanda competitions.
    1st)
    Sport combat competitions are nothing but the "competitive outcome" of the type of training done in MA that actually fight.
    In other words, of a person studies a MA that involves ACTUAL fighting the training done would be similar enough that only minor modifications are needed to be competitive in something like "MMA fighting",case in point:
    Kyokushin, Judo, MT, etc.

2nd)
    Rogan didn't critique TCMA that actually fight in competative venues other than MMA.
    His rightful critique was of those that PROFESS to be "combat effective" with NO evidence of such.

3RD)
    No one is suggesting a "play by their rules" challenge, that would be silly.

Fact is that IF TCMA, in this case WC, is combat effective then the WC rep would be in his right to state the conditions under which he WOULD fight and if Joe, or anyone else, would back out then THEY would be the "waste of time".
    Fact is also that before Joe waggled his big mouth, WC had been called outr a few times by MMA/BJJ guys and NO ONE has stood up to the plate.
    The Gracies, if I recall, were open to a NO RULES match.
    Fact is that in the MMA world you will NOT have a hard time finding someone willing to fight NO RULES.

So, who will be the person the bring back honour to WC ??
    Anyone?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    @ Hardwork108

I have one even better. Why don't you, with your vast knowledge of true TCMA
    You don't get it, do you? The issue has never been, and I have never claimed that I have "vast" knowledge of TCMAs, the issue is that you MMA-ists are hopelessly clueless as regards the TCMAs, hence making an intermediate kung fu student like me run circles around you in this forum. You guys know ziltch! What you need, and that in itself is not a problem as whatever you practice seems to work for you and make you happy. The problem is that you guys keep on insisting that the truly vast world of the TCMAs needs to practice the methodologies that work for YOU!

post a video of you sparring and using your methods, or you practicing your methods on a partner, or you doing anything YOURSELF that in anyway resembles the garbage you spew on here on a daily basis.
    Please clarify what "garbage" it is that you are talking about? The "garbage" that says that the Internals exist? That the TCMAs take into account the take down and ground scenario? Or that in order for you guys to make sweeping criticisms and suggest "improvements" as regards the TCMAs, you need to actually have more than the at best superficial (I am really being kind here) knowledge that you seem to have?

Wow! Sorry to be so out of this world.....LOL!

Of course we all know you won't do that because you are a coward,
    Yes, I was attacked by a video camera when I was a young kid and when it comes to being filmed I get scared.....

a wannabe
    You practice MMAs, but you insist on posting in a KUNG FU forum, and you are calling me a wannabe? LOL

and what's most humoring
    What is humoring is the above....LOL!

is you are a hypocrite who likes to claim no one knows anything about TCMA except you
    I never claimed that what I claimed is that in ordert to criticise,change, "improve", etc. kung fu, you need to have practiced it in an authentic manner to have created a multilevel understanding. That is having blue belts in BJJ does not qualify you for that. Wow, that sounds so illogical, doesn't it? LOL!

yet not once in all my time on this forum have you ever produced a single shred of evidence that you even train.
    Yet others who have trained kung fu and even some sifus have said more or less the same things that I say.

It is only you the MMA-ists who insist on "enlightening" us TCMA-ists about the benefits of rolling on the ground for half an hour, each time we are attacked, or the "wisdom" Olympic weight training to improve our internals; or advising us on the "non-existance" of the internals - that get hot under the colar every time your "deep" TCMA "knowledge" is questioned.

I'm sure this will be followed up with more banterings about how I have never trained in real TCMA
    The banterings are all yours as I was not even discussing anything with you.

(good thing you are so knowledgeable of my teachers) along with examples of OTHERS who train and have produced good fighters, most of whom you have probably never even met, yet you will use them as examples as if that somehow makes you or what you believe work. You are sad and deluded and honestly man people should really pity you, I know I do.;)
    You, an MMA-ist, insist on posting in Kung fu forum, when your knowledge is limited to modern sports MA, and you pity me because I post in this TCMA forum; I practice TCMAs and hence know more than you?

Wow, we live in interesting times....LOL!

doesnt wang chun boast in having one of the largest world wide bases of practitioners?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    doesnt wang chun boast in having one of the largest world wide bases of practitioners?
    WANG Chun ?
    ROTFLMAO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    1st)
    Sport combat competitions are nothing but the "competitive outcome" of the type of training done in MA that actually fight.
    In other words, of a person studies a MA that involves ACTUAL fighting the training done would be similar enough that only minor modifications are needed to be competitive in something like "MMA fighting",case in point:
    Kyokushin, Judo, MT, etc.
    You know, I agree with that. My WC sifu would agree too, but he still discourages participation in sports competitions, but he can fight!

So, the wisdom there is that there is more than one way of skinning a cat.

2nd)
    Rogan didn't critique TCMA that actually fight in competative venues other than MMA.
    His rightful critique was of those that PROFESS to be "combat effective" with NO evidence of such.
    To me, the way he came across was that all TMAs are fantasy and ineffective.

3RD)
    No one is suggesting a "play by their rules" challenge, that would be silly.

Fact is that IF TCMA, in this case WC, is combat effective then the WC rep would be in his right to state the conditions under which he WOULD fight and if Joe, or anyone else, would back out then THEY would be the "waste of time".
    Fact is also that before Joe waggled his big mouth, WC had been called outr a few times by MMA/BJJ guys and NO ONE has stood up to the plate.
    The Gracies, if I recall, were open to a NO RULES match.
    Fact is that in the MMA world you will NOT have a hard time finding someone willing to fight NO RULES.
    Tell me Paul, do you believe Wing Chun an effective fighting system?

So, who will be the person the bring back honour to WC ??
    Those who train their Wing Chun to be combat effective will be good fighters, independent and after reaching a certain mindset, they will ignore the ignorant types, like our friend Joe.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.

WANG Chun ?
    ROTFLMAO !!!
    ??
    oh did i spell it wrong... my bad...here:

Wang Chung
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ??
    oh did i spell it wrong... my bad...here:

Wang Chung
    I don't care for Bullshido, but **** this vid cracks me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9FJQ...eature=related
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    You know, I agree with that. My WC sifu would agree too, but he still discourages participation in sports competitions, but he can fight!

So, the wisdom there is that there is more than one way of skinning a cat.

To me, the way he came across was that all TMAs are fantasy and ineffective.

Tell me Paul, do you believe Wing Chun an effective fighting system?

Those who train their Wing Chun to be combat effective will be good fighters, independent and after reaching a certain mindset, they will ignore the ignorant types, like our friend Joe.
    Anyone?
    [/QUOTE]

First off, Joe's a twat, and he is full of it.

And yes, WC can be an effective system, there is no reason for it NOT to be.

I think you maybe missing my point.
    There was a time that there would be a line up to show Joe how wrong he was, what happened to those times?
    Does WC NOT have even one fighters capable of standing up for it?
    Do you doubt that if Joe had said the same about MT or Kyokushin or Judo or BJJ or Boxing, that there wouldn't be at least quite a few guys willing to open his eyes about it?
    My issue is this:
    WTF has happened to TCMA that there is no one that is willing to stand up for them?

i got no sound at work but that vid still made me lol

and YAY FOR JUDO!!

WTF has happened to TCMA that there is no one that is willing to stand up for them?[/QUOTE]

i have a theory....

Blog Entries

I had asked this question in another thread, but nobody want to answer my question. Why is there so much resistence toward "cross training" in the WC community?

How hard can it be just to integrate "single leg", "double legs" into the current WC system? How can you counter both takedowns if you don't train it yourself?

For the amount of time that you have spent in this discussion, you may have "single leg" and "double legs" drills with your training partner over a 1,000 times already.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-17-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I had asked this question in another thread, but nobody want to answer my question. Why is there so much resistence toward "cross training" in the WC community?

How hard can it be just to integrate "single leg", "double legs" into the current WC system? How can you counter both takedowns if you don't train it yourself?
    Many believe they do, they think that by trying it one each other that it is the same thing as doing it against soemone that KNOWS how to do it.

Personally I think the issue is LACK of hard sparring WITH grappling.
    If people do that the problems come up and the answers present themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    A couple of points here. In the US, UFC=MMA. In other places, like the UK, wrestling isn't always the main base art as it is for many people in the US. The mix of MMA's has alot more TMA's in it from speaking with a couple people involved in MMA in the UK.
    ?
    actually UFC= MMA here in the uk as well , its more stand up based true but that stand up base is 90% kick boxing and Thai boxing NOT TMA or TCMA go to any local regional or national comp and its thai and boxing they use alongside BJJ and wrestling