Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Trouble in China

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Kelsang Metok is hot!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thumbs up

YES,

SHE ALSO HAS GOOD VOICE.

off topic somewhat'

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/341YL2Sk5JM/

Zhang Yi Mou director of the movie "hero".

he is directing the opening ceremony of 2008 olympics in bei jing.

Thumbs up

Zhang and everyone involved signed confidentiality agreements with IOC.

I guess we all have to wait till august to see.

there are 4 sections

1. opening.

2. artistic performance.

3. athletes entering.

4. lighting the torch.

--

according to survey, Chinese audience do not want to see Tai chi, miniskirt qi pao showing thighs, no giant red lantern--

a lot of chinese criticized the 8 min closing in athens 2004.

it was also directed by Zhang Yi Mou.

Zhang said he had tough choices to pick elements of chinese culture that westerners may know and appreciate.

with so many inputs from everyone, Zhang was really burdened with 2008 opening and closing ceremonies.

--

He said in the interview, he will use and show elements of chinese culture but the main theme is still to show how chinese people are doing in this land and in the current period of time.

--

we are all looking forward to it.

Last edited by SPJ; 03-20-2008 at 07:53 PM.

off topic;

when I was a little kid,

I like kids choir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-JAZQJWcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duwkl...eature=related

--

when I was a teen.

I like teenager singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvX-6x4A8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eGHPCOqr7s

--

when I was in college,

then I started to enjoy adult songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ONH3hIjO3c

--

I guess that there is time for everything.

http://www.tibet.com/WhitePaper/white3.html

PLA "entered " tibet in 1959. It has been 49 years.

last big uprising was around 1988. It has been 20 years.

---

the recent worldwide uprisings are from younger generation demanding total independence.

Da lai La Ma in exile hopes for a higher autonomy within China.

chinese papers blaming him for engaging separatist activities all these years in exile.

all the governments in the world hope for a peaceful resolution from all sides.

maybe a dialogue between Da lai la ma and Hu.

--

Last edited by SPJ; 03-22-2008 at 06:28 PM.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...n_N.htm?csp=34

Taiwan will elect a new president in a few days.

Tibetans in Taiwan also pray for peace.

--

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    FYI:

Big Trouble in Little China was the greatest movie ever made !!

"Have you paid your dues jack?"
    " Yes sir, the check is in the mail !"

agreed, and if i agree it must be so.

I am not sure how this suprises anyone. China is a nasty little communist country and is full of vice.

Anyone read about the "Great Leap Forward" in their history.

Although I kindof agree that the Kung-Fu board should be used for kung-fu instead of CNN like headlines, I think its good that this discussion was brought up.

Although there have been many problems with China (IE. there human rights and all) its good that someone actually posted an unbiased view(A NON-RICHARD GERE view ), of what the Tibetans are doing, and how they are antagonizing these events.

Anyways this should just blow over pretty soon. Although the police are still stationed in the areas (for the better/worse). Kinda seems like it has, but we cant really tell with the whole confusion of media.

Amituofo~

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I am not sure how this suprises anyone. China is a nasty little communist country and is full of vice.

It can be nasty at times, but it sure ain't little.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles View Post
    There is an underground students newsnetwork in China, so this isn't from the Communist party. There is evidently a Tibetan man who planted a bomb in Cheng Du. The Tibetan quarter is sealed off and there are lots of military police everywhere. Even with the hoopla, China is still one of the safest place I have ever lived.

Something to keep in mind is that before communism Tibet had slaves and many people were servants or starving. For the most part, they like the free infrastructure and public education. They like getting educated on their own history in their own language. They like the minority scholarships to Chinese universites and they like the health care. They like the tourist industry form the rest of China that enabled them to buy luxury condos in Cheng Du. Don't believe the hype, some Tibetans have Ipods and luxury cars. Some have high level government positions. Under the old system a large number of people lcould only look forward to being monks or slaves. The present D. (Llama) is under some dispute. They guy they have in now also has legitimate lineage from before the Qing dynasty.

The wealthy Tibetans who left are trying to restore their power base as overlords. They get hippy donations. Just as the IRA got Irish American donations.

I am not one to cast judgement on his holiness the d (Llama), but it is of course a posiblity that he is not unlike European popes of the past. Religious eaders of the past have also been known to have the same duality as the rest of us.

It has also been said that China offered him a puppet position in Tibet to milk hippies and pilgrims of cash, however, he demanded much of Sichuan and other areas who have Tibetan minorities. This is simliar to Mexico asking for Texas, Colorado and Californa because these states have Mexicans. Its not going to happen.

I think Buddhists terrorism can't be that new. Shaolin has some pretty neat weapons.
    This post makes as much sense as the the one that said former President Nixon opened the door to China in the late '70s When does he think Presidents Ford and Carter served
    Anyway, I saw a bunch of poor, very poor Tibetan kids going through the trash for food on the same street as the Chinese kids with their school uniforms walking home from school. I don't know when you were in Tibet, and I surely not saying I know what is going on there.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Henry Kissinger visited China (flied in) from Pakistan.

the agreement was to formerly recognise PRC in exchange of stopping aiding north vietnam and viet cong.

end of vietnam conflict and troops go home.

Henry Kissinger shook hand with Zhou en lai first then Nixon with Mao.

the recoginisiton came later.

Nixon resigned due to watergate.

Ford assumed presidency and pardoned Nixon, and continue withdrawing US troops from vietnam.

Carter sealed the deal.

A lot Taiwan people dun like Carter. He also had failed strike in rescueing hostages in Iran.

Iran crisis resolved only after Reagan came to power.

---

Yes. Ford and Carter only continued the policy that was laid out by Nixon.

For people that did live thru the periods and reading about the stories on newspaper, books, radios, Tv like everyday.

--

people say they cant support china and such because of the human rights violations.

how different is this from what we did to the indians? we committed genocide on them, whiped out/almost whiped out species of animals. if you cant support a country that does that, move to canada.

the tibetan's aren't all innocent. someone posted up most were slaves or poor, which is true. China has tried to work with them.

do some research before believeing all that hippy movement crap.

free tibet so the country can f itself more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

how different is this from what we did to the indians? we committed genocide on them, whiped out/almost whiped out species of animals. if you cant support a country that does that, move to canada.
    Our ancestors committed genocide, so we should support other countries that do the same? That's pretty disgusting attitude.