Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Takedowns and throws in your system?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Bawang uses old drawing and texts of grappling moves to illustrate grappling existed in old Gong Fu. What would you like him to use? A 500 year old Youtube video???

Obviously it's a bit hard to see all the mechanics, the set up and the full range of motion from a drawing used to indicate a technique. Nobody is saying this is the best way to do something, or shows high level grappling, or anything like that.

Someone says there was no grappling in ancient Kung Fu. Someone else produces definitive evidence that there was...other person essentially responds with, "I know you are, but what am I?"
    Is a drawing of a UFO on a cave definitive evidence of alien existence???

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    So your rational is; when they drew pictures to illustrate techniques they trained...they purposely named and described movements they did not train; just to fool people centuries later into thinking they did?

Sure I guess that's more plausible than the old manuals, entire books on the subject, lineages that maintained grappling techniques and the consensus that Gong Fu was preceded and derived from old Shuai Jiao/Mongolian Wrestling...

You seems to miss the point that no one is saying the techs were performed the same, or as well as modern grappling; that there was the level of importance placed on it as today, or what, exactly were all the various methods of training these moves. (All that would be more or less speculation.)

We are saying there is pretty serious evidence that grappling was always a part of Kung Fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

By your standards, then the Greeks never had wrestling, because all we have are sculptures, wall paintings, various textual descriptions and records, but no actual proof.

Wow, the entire forum has gone full retard!

Can't say I didn't warn you

But for those of you who are still a bit sane.....

Bawang uses old drawing and texts of grappling moves to illustrate grappling existed in old Gong Fu. What would you like him to use? A 500 year old Youtube video???
    So your rational is; when they drew pictures to illustrate techniques they trained...they purposely named and described movements they did not train; just to fool people centuries later into thinking they did?
    Posts like those make perfect sense.....

And that is precisely the problem, you are trying to reason with people whose sole reason for being here is to disrupt things and fill up the forum with trash, ie TROLLS

They draw you into arguing straw men.... ie it's a complete waste of time

Now you can all return to your arguments
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

as long as they do not harm you, mighty david ross. you are too precious to lose.
    I had a very specific purpose for coming to this forum and that has almost been fulfilled. I came here to give Dave Ross a taste of his own medicine.
    david ross reminds you of the bully that beat you into the ground.

You are just upset because you want to have his child. In reality I have seen you blatantly make fun of people for no reason. Your other posts are pictures of ancient Chinese grappling which make me lol.
    let me make this clear, muthafuka. I exist only to annoy the tightey whitey. you are new prey.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-26-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

People who are failures in life (spiked and laroux) hate people who are successful and famous (ME !!) .... the internet gives them an opportunity to vent their frustrations, and in their perverted mind they think they are raising themselves up when in fact they are making themselves even bigger laughing stocks

Bawang is probably right, these guys were probably badly bullied as kids (ie a few years ago I mean, come on, they argue like 12 yr olds)

I just want to remind you all, despite their puffery here on the forum, at night, in their mother's basement, they cry themselves to sleep at night

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

Bawang is probably right, these guys were probably badly bullied as kids (ie a few years ago I mean, come on, they argue like 12 yr olds)

its almost 100% certain this guy was an awkard shy kid looking for kung fu classes, and got extremely intimidated and felt humiliated by the atmosphere.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-26-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Gene pays you all to entertain us, right?

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Gene pays you all to entertain us, right?
    The truth is, Gene LOVES this shit.... It keeps people on the forum and allows him his one liners and links to martila arts mart

if this muthafuka tried the same sh1t at bullshido he would be swallowed alive mang

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    as long as they do not harm you, mighty david ross. you are too precious to lose.

david ross reminds you of the bully that beat you into the ground.
    If you ever saw David Ross fight you see how funny your statement was. The only place he could bully anyone is online. Lol lol

If you ever saw David Ross fight you see how funny your statement was. The only place he could bully anyone is online. Lol lol
    Let's see your footage, pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Let's see your footage, pigeon.
    Bra, I am a coach. My students are wrecking it.

Spike's Students Wrecking It

Exclusive shot of spiked trying to post