View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 854 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 354754804844852853854855856864904954 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Unhappy No Go On The Crow, JP

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    If the letter is doctored or fake, and these instructors have not been kicked out, then I will gladly eat crow. At this point, however, silence is dam n ing.
    Despite the fact that crow is delicious, I know for fact that they indeed have at least been kicked out of the CSC system, and I'm pretty sure that as you said, GM Th'e's silence on the subject is "dam.ning". I would like to hear what the other side has to say on the subject, however c.ockamamey their explanations might be.
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 10-03-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: unnecessary editing on
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

The Renegades......

are sticking together whether GMT absorbs them or not. If GMT allows everyone except Jacob and Laura to be absorbed then the Renegades are going to go on their own.

Just to let you know ...

this has more to do with the business practices of the Soards and not about the legal case against DS.........that was the final straw

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    The real question is... for all these forms... have the people teaching it mastered all the relevant jibengong, qigong, equipment and two partner skills for eaxch of these systems so that they can say they truly undertand them and can 'preserve' them?
    with the exception of yang tai chi i was never taught or told about and basic training methods for any of the other material. the were just forms and what ever you could figure out and learn from outside sources. this is a huge problem.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

???

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    this has more to do with the business practices of the Soards and not about the legal case against DS.........that was the final straw
    Is there any specifics? I read the letter and of course they mention not being open about issues and the required elder master visits, but what specifically?
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

I don't think The' has much of a choice. He has to disassociate from the nine schools considering what he has already done in Phoenix. If he backs down then that's going to cause him mucho problems in the future.

In any case, especially since this nine school letter has surfaced, I wonder why they haven't said anything before. Apparently they've had problems for years and they only mention it now using a sex scandal as a bargaining tool????

I don't really have any use for either group. Maybe the students at these schools will wise up and go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Is there any specifics? I read the letter and of course they mention not being open about issues and the required elder master visits, but what specifically?
    Yes , there is . I am not at liberty to say at this point as to what I heard other than what I have already provided......I have talked to a few people on all sides and I have to say this is one big clusterf-uck!!!

Yes , there is . I am not at liberty to say at this point as to what I heard other than what I have already provided......I have talked to a few people on all sides and I have to say this is one big clusterf-uck!!!
    could you PM me any info? I understand if you can't but I would appreciate it sho' nuff if you could...
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I don't think The' has much of a choice. He has to disassociate from the nine schools considering what he has already done in Phoenix. If he backs down then that's going to cause him mucho problems in the future.

In any case, especially since this nine school letter has surfaced, I wonder why they haven't said anything before. Apparently they've had problems for years and they only mention it now using a sex scandal as a bargaining tool????

I don't really have any use for either group. Maybe the students at these schools will wise up and go elsewhere.
    He has a choice.

It is one thing to loose a school or a few students but 10 instructors in 9 schools....covering the whole west??

Lets see ..... Oregon , Washington, Idaho , California, Nevada, Arizona. Not failing to mention NY....

If Master Sin is the person I believe he is then he can apologize and reinstate them based on new evidence. IMHO

All this crap that has been going in the CSCs for a long time. I have a list

I believe that most people that were involved in these issues before just moved on or went to the east coast schools.

No one has stood up to them like this before....

could you PM me any info? I understand if you can't but I would appreciate it sho' nuff if you could...
    Out of respect and loyalty to my fellow brothers and sister in the art , I cant. When I can, I will post it here first......
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-03-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Lightbulb My Opinion

Well, considering the fact that many of these schools provided the main branches with a sizable amount of their income (not to mention some pocket change for GM Th'e), I think that he will probably recognize these schools as part of his system but separate from CSC. The Arizona school, however, is something that I'm not sure of. His letter to them made it seem absolute, but who knows? He might change his descision on a whim...

I understand and give you props, TM.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

No one has stood up to them like this before....
    You mean no one dared to until David became a convicted sex offender. Wow, what a stroke of luck for those guys!

In any case I think the same thing that happened in Phoenix will happen at these nine schools. It will just take a little longer and all of the schools might not reopen.

In any case if these are truly serious about wanting to be "Independent" then why do they need The"?

You mean no one dared to until David became a convicted sex offender. Wow, what a stroke of luck for those guys!

In any case I think the same thing that happened in Phoenix will happen at these nine schools. It will just take a little longer and all of the schools might not reopen.

In any case if these are truly serious about wanting to be "Independent" then why do they need The"?
    Because I believe they want to be part of SD without being affiliated with CSC. If Sin Th'e owns the copyright on the art, supposedly, then they can't practice his art without his consent. They don't want to get into legal trouble, although if arizona is still teaching they might. Anyways that might be the case, that might not be... we just gotta keep watching this soap opera to find out.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Because I believe they want to be part of SD without being affiliated with CSC.
    Don't we all. Do you think it's just as simple as walking away?

Don't we all. Do you think it's just as simple as walking away?
    Hel.l Nah! A clean split is dam.n near impossible. In reality, I think this is going to get ugly real quick.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee