Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any southern crane practitioners here?

Any southern crane practitioners here?

I have a few questions.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yes. I am a Southern Crane (Yongchun) practitioner.

Peng Lai?

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I practice Zonghe quan
    Hi Zuti. Are you involved with the Shi Zheng Zhong Group in Tainan? Do you know them?
    "顺其自然"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Hi Zuti. Are you involved with the Shi Zheng Zhong Group in Tainan? Do you know them?
    No , my teacher is Hong Guo Rong ,
    http://penglaimartialarts.blogspot.t...of-tainan.html
    low profile sifu with only couple students .
    He belongs to this association http://www.zonghe.com.tw but his crane is a bit different from what you can see on this site
    I know Shi Zengzong Mantis teacher but never heard about crane teacher or group under same name .

Peng Lai

No , my teacher is Hong Guo Rong ,
    http://penglaimartialarts.blogspot.t...of-tainan.html
    low profile sifu with only couple students .
    He belongs to this association http://www.zonghe.com.tw but his crane is a bit different from what you can see on this site
    I know Shi Zengzong Mantis teacher but never heard about crane teacher or group under same name .
    Thanks for your answer.
    It's a strange co-incidence then. The Shi ZhengZhong group were using the name Peng Lai in Taiwan and USA but they mainly practice Northern Mantis, nothing to do with Southern Crane I suppose.
    "顺其自然"

According to Shi Zheng Zhong's bio, he started in White Crane as a young child.

Thanks for your answer.
    It's a strange co-incidence then. The Shi ZhengZhong group were using the name Peng Lai in Taiwan and USA but they mainly practice Northern Mantis, nothing to do with Southern Crane I suppose.
    Penglai is mythical island , something like heaven on earth , name is often used in martial arts

Penglai and the Eight Imortals

Penglai is mythical island , something like heaven on earth , name is often used in martial arts
    Yes like Shangrilai and the Eight Immortals are said to reside there from time to time.
    There is an large popular eight immortals temple up in the mountains from Tainan They rent lodgings and serve delicious vegan vegetarian. A great place to get away from it all from time to time.
    "顺其自然"

Yes like Shangrilai and the Eight Immortals are said to reside there from time to time.
    There is an large popular eight immortals temple up in the mountains from Tainan They rent lodgings and serve delicious vegan vegetarian. A great place to get away from it all from time to time.
    If you can recommend a restaurant in Tainan with European food ,real European food, not Taiwanese version of it , it would me much appreciated .That would be real island of joy and happiness .

Taiwan Schnitzel?

If you can recommend a restaurant in Tainan with European food ,real European food, not Taiwanese version of it , it would me much appreciated .That would be real island of joy and happiness .
    I appreciate your pain, but I am more familiar with Gaoxiong Area.

But what about this? Have you tried it?

Mar_kus 2014-07-03 10:31:41 UTC #1

Little Europe Restaurant Tainan / 酷柏德式廚房

We offer German/European Food in Tainan please feel free to visit our Facebook or Homepage to get some more information...

We opend last year in May, our specials are: Homemade Brats, Pork knuckle, German Schnitzel, Goulash and many more. If youre around visit us and take a look at the Taiwan History Museum which is just around the corner (5minutes walk)

We are all from Germany, so dont miss the chance to try something original :slight_smile:

If anyone wants something special, please feel free to contact us...

No. 358 Chang He Rd. Sec.1
    Tainan 709
    06 396 13 73
    https://www.facebook.com/LittleEuropeTainan
    ===

So I just read on The Mantis Cave that Peng Lai is an old name for Taiwan.
    "顺其自然"

I appreciate your pain, but I am more familiar with Gaoxiong Area.

But what about this? Have you tried it?

===

So I just read on The Mantis Cave that Peng Lai is an old name for Taiwan.
    Restaurant is a bit far for me ,I live in Anping, but I will give it a try soon . About "Penglai" being old name for Taiwan , that is not true , there are no evidence to support that claim , although Taiwan is pretty nice place to live

吃苦

Restaurant is a bit far for me ,I live in Anping, but I will give it a try soon
    About 13 KM according to net maps. I'm afraid you must 'eat bitter'.
    "顺其自然"

About 13 KM according to net maps. I'm afraid you must 'eat bitter'.
    Well , road to Museum is not the easiest one , taiwanese driving ... I'll pick a day without heavy traffic

do you guys have any good training exercises for developing shaking power?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter