Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    whether he can fight or not doesnt matter. the point is about integrity, honesty, and truth.
    but not particularly JP's integrity. While I've agreed that some culpability lies in the part of the believers, most is with the liar. We're all human and at different times in our lives crave something that sometimes we can't really articulate. Sometimes, something falls in our path that fits that craving and we go with it. Sometimes you get far enough along that path with the craving that you have to keep going, at least for a little while. I discovered the truth about my old teacher and school but stayed for another 2 years so I could at least say that I had studied a 'system' for 13 years and been ranked to the level of 'teacher' in that system. Then, i got the **** out of there as fast as I could and have never, well 'rarely', looked back. And, yet, I still got some good things from that experience.

AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There actually is a huge difference.

what happens is that people take advantage of the ignorance of others. That is the entire foundation of marketing anything that is not an actual object product.

knowledge transfers have no guarantee anyway. Nobody learns to fight through osmosis.
    Word... and just coz you can prove a lineage does not mean you are doing what the founder did. In fact I would argue that in most OLD styles that what we see from todays lineage holders would be quite different from what the originals looked like. Even with manuals that show the postures but no have no transitional data, those are very susceptible to changes despite the fact that the style has been illustrated.

Take SupGee from Bak Mei for example. Even in the CLC lineage I have seen like 30 different versions of the same form. Some carry the same principles, some don't. But all are legitimate and can trace their lineage to the same people.

I'm a B-Boy, and when I do a certain move it doesn't always look like others doing the same moves because we all personalize and tailor these things to ourselves. A six step is a six step and the foundations are always the same yet so many people look so different rocking out a 6step.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I chose my school based on the quality of the instruction by the teacher. I didn't care about lineage or origins. What teacher had the best class, sparred the most, taught applications the most, was the best person. I chose the best school from the options I had available. It was only further along in my training did issues with lineage and origins become an issue.
    Are you sure you just don't feel dumb deep inside and feel the need to justify all that time and money you put in to this style? That would make infinitely more sense.

I have seen SD and I would never train that. What I have seen has been weak.

Billy Blanks Thai Bo workout actually is a great workout and could help you in a fight in a very very limited way, but that doesn't make it a worth learning.
    The simple truth is that anyone who does exercises and hits a heavy bag will have a leg up on somebody who does nothing, but that doesn't make it an efficient way to learn how to fight.

Why do SD when you can do better for the same money and time put in? In fact I bet A real style would be cheaper. I learn authentic BakMei for 60 bucks a month. How much is SD a month anyways?

And for the rest of you...
    Do you think a class action suit to recover fees would be do-able? It was fraudulent after all and nobody actually got what they were told they were paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    thanks, I am aware of these things too.

Shaolin chan is an interpretation of the teachings ...meditation is just a vehicle and method for understanding.
    Hmmmm...I am not sure I agree with you there!

Do you practice other forms of meditation, buddhism, etc??
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    But some of you are treating the duped as the wrong doers, if you werent a student you have no perspective of the situation and no right to what truth is or not. We who have bought into this with time and effort. Have suffered and benefited from the training in a physical sense. So there is value there. David you seem vindictive did you invest in this thing or are you just outside looking in? KC
    If you were able to be so easily duped(remember most of us here saw thru this sh1t right away) then maybe you deserve to be ripped off for not doing proper research and fully understanding what it was you were paying for. I don't have too much sympathy for people who are so easilly ripped off unless they are actually mentally retarded or really old or something like that. When an average guy gets ripped off I think more about how dumb they were than how corrupt the fraudster was.

Oh and if you are still going after you learned it was fraud then you are just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

Yes!
    Shaolin chan is an interpretation of the teachings ...meditation is just a vehicle and method for understanding.

Thats the great thing about what we are discussing , we dont have to agree. you have your opinion and understanding and I have mine.

Do you practice other forms of meditation, buddhism, etc??

Yes!

do mind me asking/ telling me what types or forms?
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.

do mind me asking/ telling me what types or forms?
    formlessness!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    formlessness!
    cool, free style, I get it.

cool, are you currently a practitioner of buddhism? do you/how do you apply it to your martial teachings/ practice?
    I recognize and acknowledge the validity and worth of Buddhism.
    I employ it within my own self, but I cannot say I am a religious Buddhist.
    I employ the 8 fold path in practice as is. Especially right mindfulness, right intention, right action, right effort and right concentration. Using the abstract ideas to seek the correct structures and energies required for the task.

I practice daily meditation and martial arts and for the medicinal aspect have become adept at Tui-na and healing massage as well as being able to to make draughts, liniments etc for minor maladies and ailments. (I'm also a full certified first responder with SJA).

The interesting thing is that it is possible to continue these things right up until passing. That seems a worthwhile pursuit to me.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Syn I usually try to be polite but FU u are an ass, so you are so sharp you have never been scammed or told a Lie and was taken? are u divorced well if u are then u were Duped. So STFU if you cant be respectful. I tire of Aholes like U.
    Also to all the others who talk about the Lieing, who among you have not lied in your lifetime. even a white lie as they are called. Or embellished a little etc. That too is a Lie. "Who among Us is without Flaw" Master Po KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Syn I usually try to be polite but FU u are an ass, so you are so sharp you have never been scammed or told a Lie and was taken? are u divorced well if u are then u were Duped. So STFU if you cant be respectful. I tire of Aholes like U.
    Also to all the others who talk about the Lieing, who among you have not lied in your lifetime. even a white lie as they are called. Or embellished a little etc. That too is a Lie. "Who among Us is without Flaw" Master Po KC
    You are comparing the idea of stealing a candy bar vs stealing a car.
    It is the degrees to which we entangle ourselves and others in our deceptions that matters.

No one is all these things you say in small ways and no small peccadilloes are seen as fraud. They are seen as personal folly. But when it involves a repeated lie told to thousands in order to continue to take money from them all the while these people are expecting to progress and be part of something that is greater and real.

And then... Well, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain right?

You are blaming the observer. Why should the observer respect what is tantamount to fraudulence? That's a stretch to ask for.

Don't expect respect or courtesy for someone that has been disrespectful and discourteous.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

A lie is a lie is a lie nomatter how big or small, Stealing a candy bar or car is still stealing no matter the size. David I am not asking GMT to be forgiven I am asking for those on here to try to be understood and know that many of us and others have been played the fool. But none the less since many feel it is about fighting, I will put my skills up there with any of you guys. I am feeling alot better now after having suffered a bad back injury 2 years ago. also I have already found 2 very reputable people to train with so nuff said. KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 04-04-2012 at 06:44 AM.

KC vs KFM over the last few years:

KFM: This is a duck.
    KC: No it's a platypus.

KFM: See that duck? This also looks like that duck.
    KC: It might have duck-like features, but it is certainly a platypus.

KFM: Our resident Ph.D zoologist has already discerned that is most certainly a duck.
    KC: You wouldn't know a real platypus because you are too busy seeing ducks.

KC: OMG!! This is a duck! I had no idea!
    KFM: Told you so.

KC: STOP RIDICULING ME!
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-04-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MK your point is , ??????? not folowing the Duck thing . BTW a platypus is a conglomerant of animals it seems, so nothing is real . All of you guys are so sure that what u do is the real deal, well if your teacher did something and taught you something in a form different than what was originally done say a front kick instead of a side kick for example. So that is Lieing. So shold you be considered stupid if you find this to be true. Or just having wishful thinking and sincere dedication. Then u are the same . KC

All I can say is those of you without SIN of the moral sense, cast the 1st stone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KC