Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1522

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

LOL. hey deigo why you want to know about CTS and the Triads? how important that to you?

cjurakpt Guest
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Laurette... also hated to travel and didn't travel with us to events.....
    I think it was his being introduced at NACMAF 1990 as "Stephen Tourettes" that soured him on the whole experience...

triad involvement doesnt really mean too much though

tongs were set up in american china towns by the chinese basically to govern themselves after a fashion because the chinese were basically left to themselves for a good amount of time. to the point that police wouldnt even police in china town.

NYC is where the first chinatown and tongs were set up.

also tongs were a place that chinese could go to get help with connections for employment.

a major involvment the tongs had on the chinese community was to help with getting equal opportunity in a sense.

heaven, earth and man.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

back on topic.....

Chan Tai San

"Lo han Sai Sin"

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    LOL. hey deigo why you want to know about CTS and the Triads? how important that to you?
    Northern shaolin on the shaolin forum sent me this years ago:
    "NorthernShaolin

diego,

Interesting reading. Master Ming was known as Master Harry Ng here.

From what I could remember, it was common knowledge that Master Ng had a small school on Powell street where he trained the Chinese Mafia soldiers late at nite. The style that he taught was Hop Gar which has always been associated with the Chinese mafia. In the past, if you mention that you learned Hop Gar, you were a thought as a ganster and regarded as a dangerous person who should not to be associated with.

It was very common in the old days for the Chinese Mafia to hire kung fu masters such as Master Ng, put up a front kung fu school, and have them train their youth gang members known as soldiers.
    Master Ng's death was an effort by the Chinese mafia to stop an uprising of their soldiers and gave the excuse that Master Ng could not control his students, i.e., the trained gang soldiers. Originally the soldiers were given an assignment but were unable to complete it but still demanded payment of $2,000 from the mafia for an unsucessfully job performed. If the Chinese mafia did not pay, the soldiers threaten to expose their gambling houses and prositution houses.

As a result of the threat, the mafia hired a 15 year old kid and was assigned to shoot Master Ng who took four slugs (22-cal.), one in each knee and two in the chest. This sent a loud message to the soldiers-back off or your going to be next.

Anyway, my knowledge seems to be in line with David Chin's accounts but I really can not verify if it is true."

So, suppossedly kaido the guy who taught my stepdad picked up san sau from Ng Ming

http://lionsroar.name/tony_galvin_lineage_page.htm

Tony Galvin says Kaido learned Hop Gar San Sao from Ming in SF...suppossedly know one else in the hop gar world knows who kaido is, and his students don't know where he got it from...I'm guessing he studied with these gang kids...it seems lama and hop gar are pretty hush hush when it comes to Media...why?.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    triad involvement doesnt really mean too much though

tongs were set up in american china towns by the chinese basically to govern themselves after a fashion because the chinese were basically left to themselves for a good amount of time. to the point that police wouldnt even police in china town.

NYC is where the first chinatown and tongs were set up.

also tongs were a place that chinese could go to get help with connections for employment.

a major involvment the tongs had on the chinese community was to help with getting equal opportunity in a sense.

heaven, earth and man.
    yeah i read mad triad books...organized crime is one of my hobbies:0

sorry for the off topic!.

Cool picture Ross sifu. My monitor sucks, i can't see the crest on his shirt. Is
    that the lama insignia?

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    yeah i read mad triad books...organized crime is one of my hobbies:0

sorry for the off topic!.
    organized crime is a rad topic, its not off!

have you read Bloodbrothers?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I have Tat Ma Wong tapes but its really only forms. Is that all there is in Choy Lay Fut? I searched for a school locally and all I can come up with is Maxfit. They teach Cjoy Lay Fut and Lama Pai (never heard of this) but instructor trained with Chan Tai San and I did research and got to this forum.

Also, there's a Shaolin Kempo place in Babylon but I cant figure out of that Kung Fu (Chinese) or not. It looks more like Hawiian or Ed Parker type but it's all mixed.

www.shaolinkempo.com

Is this Kung fu?

-David

someone's business must be doing really badly if they need to troll forums to try and drum up business

In my humble opinion, people should stick to the facts of their training, what they actually learned and rely upon their actual skills as opposed to making up stories, lying about credentials and trying to string along people making them think they can learn a system when the instructor only has 2 or 3 forms of said system

but that's just me.....

I am a student of Chan Tai San, I learned TONS of lama pai and only a little Choy Lay Fut. I don't claim to be a CLF person, I would never teach it. Having studied TONS of Lama, I can tell you that if you only have sahp jih, sahp jih kau da and siu lo han, you do NOT have Lama.... not by a long stretch

Quote Originally Posted by jow yeroc View Post
    Cool picture Ross sifu. My monitor sucks, i can't see the crest on his shirt. Is
    that the lama insignia?
    It's actually from the White Crane association. Sifu Chan was very good friends with Sifu Chan Haak Fu and his disciple, Chan Fei.

Yes, white crane (Pak HOk Pai) logo, sifu was good friends with them, taught there, helped them do lion dancing, etc

have some more pics of him with them, will dig them up