Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Old School" WC and "New School" WC...

While it is vital to understand where we come from, we can never lose sight of TODAY and what is needed NOW.
    In MA we never have an accurate history of our MA, we have bits and pieces and folklore and so much more "baggage".
    It is crucial to understand that MA are learned by DOING, not reading.
    That doesn't mean we shouldn't know our history, it simply means that history of the art takes a step back to that actual DOING of the art.
    No one will ever become proficient in any system without doing the one thing that ALL founders of MA systems have ALWAYS done and that is:
    FIGHT WITH IT.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

[QUOTE=Hendrik;1266496]
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post

Why don't you post your video of uproot? And those who you consider to have the top skill according to you?

I don't think I know everything. I present what it is .
    you need to show it, your the one who has the problem with someone else having the same knowledge.
    sincerly, eddie

yip man

yip man had it, yip man taught! the people that were close to him got it!

i'm name dropping again.. oooh the soup nazi's gonna be mad
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Principles are not like the laws of physics.
    My point obviously went way over your head, as well as the topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Wing chun is a skill just like boxing or bjj or mt or most fighting arts and the principles are there to help you develop that skill not rules or laws that must be obeyed.

Skill does not depend on knowledge or understanding but performance. I think that real knowledge and understanding only comes after skill. What most people mean by knowledge and understanding is their knowledge and understanding of the model. My ability to land solid shots with my body behind them isn't something you get through knowledge or understanding but comes from PRACTICE. You could say wing chun is a practice based art. You get better through practice.

The simplest way to see this is you get the so called master of knowledge and understanding who can talk at length about the model and put them in the ring and see how they can't make anything work.
    Your skill argument has nothing to do with what I said, and sounds suspiciously just like the silly non-topic, skipping record statements that came from another 't' here a while back. I think you need to change it up a bit, it's becoming a little too obvious.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    We have a complete wing Chun system. We are not forced to look outside our wing chun. We have a system strong enough to with within mma.

Show you clips of your wing chun working in mma so we can see a style of original wc in action
    Hey Alan,
    This wasn't a shot at you or your guys, you guys do what you do and are well respected for it. In no way was I implying that your knowledge of CSL Wing Chun is incomplete, however CSL Wing Chun is a modern creation of your sifu Robert Chu using the yip Man wck structure that he learnt form Hawkins Cheung as his base. In one of your earlier post you mentioned yourself that you guys mix your wing chun with other styles such as BJJ, catch wrestling so that you can compete in MMA, just stating the obvious! also just because you have success in an MMA ring does not mean that translate well in an all out street survival fight.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-28-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Wink

what would be the results of a wing chun man uprooting someone, or a tai chi man, or a bagua guy? if they uprooted you at the top of a flight of stairs, would you fall down the stairs differently?

what would be the results of a muay thai guy smashing you in the side of the head with a elbow strike, or a karate man, or a street fighter, or a wing chun man? would your face hurt differently?

you know the answer? the wing chun man would look better, cause he was on the centerline when he did it.. haha
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    what would you consider "modern" hong kong wing chun
    It is a well known fact that Yip Man simplified his Hong Kong wck art that he taught publicly, to quote another wck sifu "He simpified the art alright, he took all the good sh!t out" lol
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-28-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    It is a well known fact that Yip Man simplified his Hong Kong wck art that he taught publicly, to quote another wck sifu "He simpified the art alright, he took all the good sh!t out" lol
    thats that same mentality "my older art has more then your newer art" bs. the people that were close to him got it. my thumb is pointed up, and yours is pointed down, so i cant punch you in the face. yeah right!
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    Can you give the exact quote of the entire post where Hendrik said , "WCK operating more in a elbow strike range" I went through the entire thread and couldn't find it.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-28-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Can you give the exact quote of the entire post where Hendrik said , "WCK operating more in a elbow strike range" I went through the entire thread and couldn't find it.

I said it is a short strike art
    Which emphasis on the play in the range between the inner arm or between elbow and body.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-28-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I said it is a short strike art
    Which emphasis on the play in the range between the inner arm or between elbow and body.
    Ok, thanks Hendrik, I do remember seeing you said "wck operates in elbow striking range", but then I couldn't find it again when i looked through the thread. Can you give the exact link where you said this?
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-28-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Ok, thanks Hendrik, I do remember seeing it before, but then I couldn't find it again when i looked through the thread.
    In the video

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    In the video
    Ok, that makes sense now lol

Ok, that makes sense now lol
    Jim made very clear here on the different Jin type of Wck, taiji, and yichuan. After he studies with different sifus or different styles. Also with the SPM.

Also the seven bows or joints handling of Wck is mentioned in the clip above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5SVdSR9_vs

One just cannot make claim Ipman has it all in the same time Chen man ching, CC Chen taiji has it all , the same with Wck. Taiji uproot.....

One needs to know what one is talking about otherwise it is a ridiculous expert wanna be.

Btw. Have you ever ever ever see taiji of internal art uproot magic in mma or kyokushin ? Never sorry, those taiji uproot stuffs are just demo.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-28-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Btw. Have you ever ever ever see taiji of internal art uproot magic in mma or kyokushin ? Never sorry, those taiji uproot stuffs are just
    demo.[/QUOTE]
    where are all your students doing it?
    sincerly, eddie