I just wanted to be the first to say I am relieved that you are not eating your daughters when i first saw the title I thought this was a prank post.

That being said, this sounds like a very serious issue - pleas do not take my suggestions as medical advice or anything that would replace the care of a qualified physician.

The first line of treatment I would suggest is a thorough psychiatric evaluation - depression can manifest as lack of zest for life and in many cases, eating disorders. Since she actually spent time in the hospital, I imagine this has already taken place but not all therapists are the same, and you migt have better luck "shopping around" for someone who is a better or more compassionate fit.

You may also want to find a good "5 elements style" acupuncturist in your area. This is a specific system of acupuncture very well suited for treating emotional disorders with amazing efficacy. life as a foster child is difficult no matter what and many energetic patterns can take up residence in the body leading to myriad emotional and physicial issues long term. The Chinese medicine approach to these kind of issues involves treating the whole person, not just masking symptoms with mind numbing medications. so it may include taking herbal medicine, receiving acupuncture and doing qigong. long term this may give her back a sense of control over her life. think of how much your martial training has enriched your life and just imagine what a personal approach to her wellness could do for her.

again, no easy answers - I wish you both strength and patience while you get through this difficult time.

Sincerely
Herb ox

Ps pardon typos - typing furiously on my iPad at work