Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: How Does the West Train Internal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Patterson View Post
    Geez, I could barely hear you through all the chest thumping. But I think I got the gist of your message.

Kungfu is not just about fighting, Ray. But on the fighting level, I have proven myself sufficiently through my lifetime. First by competing and winning in full contact, no gear, all inclusive events in Asia when you were still wet behind the ears. And then by training dominant winnning teams first in the 80's for the same type of competitions in Asia. And then again in the 90's in similar structures. These records speak for themselves.

But Kungfu is also about discipline. Something you clearly seem to lack both in your demeanor and your fighting. You say; "offer you clip as evidence". I would never do such a thing as you represent all that I despise in the martial arts and nothing that I would want anyone who is involved to aspire toward.

Very cheesy, putting up a couple clips of me "teaching" and using that to denigrate my fighting skills. Predictable and very schoolyard.

Now, go ahead and continue your "rant" as I sure as hell amn not going to allow myself to get sucked into the black hole of nonsense that is this thread. Let alone you.

I wonder, would your much venerated former master be pleased? Or appalled at your behaviour?

I surely know how I would feel.
    I didn't ask you to post anything for proof. I asked if anyone knew if you had students that fought out and if so, if there was video. I was curious and I doubted you had fought.

I saw you were a champion for 1 year in Taiwan and that you were the youngest participant in an open invitation tournament.

I wasn't there but I have one guess and one fact for sure:
    1 guess: You were the young American vs a bunch of skinny a$$ push hand types
    Fact (guess but know its true): When it said open it really didn't invite national boxers and non pushy-hand types.

Maybe I'm wrong. Though I have developed a pretty good eye.

I did not mean any disrespect to you. My intention was to see if there really was anyone out there claiming/showing exceptional TCMA skill, particularly internal. I would either want to fight or learn from them.

But here's the final point. Who is best to go out and represent TCMA? For example, respectively, as a MMAer, I would say George St. Pierre.

Are you the George St. Pierre of Hsing-I? Is one of your students?

I don't know -- and I doubted it -- so I asked.

Again, I didn't mean any disrespect. It's just that you people amaze me: thousands of pages of TCMAers trying to defend themselves against accurate criticism and request of video proof and I haven't found any video.... including of you or Mr. Ross ... demonstrating TCMA trapping, etc. in a more lively/real setting than the video I posted.

That video is nearly ancient now. I've had a handful of semi-pro fights now that I've been dedicated to MMA for 5 years. And I still have flaws and weak areas.... but you people are so quick to criticize while placing yourself up on pedestals. I don't doubt for a second if you had video like mine it would be on your home page. FOR SURE! Used in every nation wide chain school.

I have my strengths and weaknesses in both technique and character. But I don't make myself out to be anything that I'm not. And when I look at someone's demonstrations and say: That is total $hit! I say it because I think it is and that I think I could easily beat it.

On the other hand, someone posted video of an old Ba Gua man not too long ago. Everyone made fun because the people in the video were obviously letting him have his way..... but his principles were sound. On one occasion a younger guy got a little fresh, and was surprised that his force was jammed. That to me is good technique. Of course I could whip a 90 year old. But his technique was sound. He wasn't claiming to be George St. Pierre.

I kept my mouth shut on that thread. I kept my mouth shut through pages of people talking out of their a$$ about internal in this thread until I had enough and asked: who here in the US has real internal? Who's the leading internal fighter?

They say its you. Is it?
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 09-13-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

The universe is a strange place isn't it
    It truly is. A dough boy like you with no fight experience makes a living finding people to teach and push into the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    It truly is. A dough boy like you with no fight experience makes a living finding people to teach and push into the ring.
    And training them well enough to kick your butt eh?

Dude, stop it, you are embarassing yourself and ruing this thread.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    yeah lets stop the d!ck measuring contest. Thread is totally derailed now.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The last couple of pages are like a bunch of preening women fighting over who gets to use the bathroom mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    yeah lets stop the d!ck measuring contest. Thread is totally derailed now.
    david ross 5.3 kilometers

ray pina 2.4 cm

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    The last couple of pages are like a bunch of preening women fighting over who gets to use the bathroom mirror.
    I have my own school, with two bathrooms, we have three different mirrors, I never have to wait (or fight over it)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I have my own school, with two bathrooms, we have three different mirrors, I never have to wait (or fight over it)
    thats because your students know who is bawss

you are bawss

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And training them well enough to kick your butt eh?
    I accepted fights in San Da and MMA when I didn't train for either one of those. Just to fight and get the experience..... their house. their rules.

The case of Stephan Cloud, that was my second time in a ring. We were not the same class fighters. That was a total mismatch. That guy was extremely good.

I take nothing away from the fighters. Always good guys. Class acts.

I take point hearing $hit about fights when I was a student from sifu's and masters and coaches who haven't gone out and fought themselves. And I'm not talking 1980 kia fests with taped high school gym rings.

Sorry if I ruined what was already a $hitty thread.

Let's get back on track:
    fighters say: no such thing as internal being special
    strip mall TCMAers with no lineage explaining how internal works..... also with no fight experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post

Let's get back on track:
    fighters say: no such thing as internal being special
    strip mall TCMAers with no lineage explaining how internal works..... also with no fight experience
    but you just said internal is speshul 2p ages before

Wasn't Ray the guy handing out flyers for his own BJJ seminars after just a few weeks of training at Renzo's?

Not to mention, doesn't he claim to have trained with Chan for 5 to 7 years, but by Chan's own admission he trained there sparingly for about a year, and IIRC he was told to not come back?

Isn't this the same guy who also challenged Emin Boeztepe to a fight, and when Emin Jedi-mind-tricked him and invited him to just participate in the seminar he was on his way to teach, Ray took that to mean Emin saw Ray as an equal?

And didn't he attended a Matt Hughes book signing, and after sizing Hughes up, was confident "he was just a man" and that he could probably take him?

And, of course, let's not forget, doesn't he also profess to be a "world class" surfer?

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of all the magazines that should be clamoring to interview an 0-5 fighter who is carrying Chinese Martial Arts on his shoulders...

None of this would have happened if people wouldn't be so wasteful with their jing.

I'd make a lousy daoist

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    None of this would have happened if people wouldn't be so wasteful with their jing.
    I waste my jing every chance I get
    Last edited by MightyB; 09-13-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salacious Crumb View Post
    Wasn't Ray the guy handing out flyers for his own BJJ seminars after just a few weeks of training at Renzo's?

Not to mention, doesn't he claim to have trained with Chan for 5 to 7 years, but by Chan's own admission he trained there sparingly for about a year, and IIRC he was told to not come back?

Isn't this the same guy who also challenged Emin Boeztepe to a fight, and when Emin Jedi-mind-tricked him and invited him to just participate in the seminar he was on his way to teach, Ray took that to mean Emin saw Ray as an equal?

And didn't he attended a Matt Hughes book signing, and after sizing Hughes up, was confident "he was just a man" and that he could probably take him?

And, of course, let's not forget, doesn't he also profess to be a "world class" surfer?

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of all the magazines that should be clamoring to interview an 0-5 fighter who is carrying Chinese Martial Arts on his shoulders...
    goodbye thread, nice knowing you........

Could we merge this with a CYMac thread now?