Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaztaztic Southern Mantis (Maybe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My Sifu is very upset with me for answering your posts so I will close with this.
    James Cama Sifu:
    First non-Chinese appointed Head Instructor of the N.Y. Chinese Freemasons Hung Ching position held by many great Sifu's including Grand Master Lam Sang.
    Lineage disciple of G.M. Lam Sang's Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai.
    Lineage disciple of Henry Leung's Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen.
    New York rep. Meibukan Dojo under Meitatsu Yagi 10th Dan
    Eigth Degree Black Belt under Peter Urban 10th Dan
    James Cama only calls himself Sifu and does not display any of his certificates or rank. He always states that people will know your skill by seeing your hand.
    My appologies to my Sifu and anyone else I've offended.
    Lets try to make this clear.
    NO ONE is disrespecting your Sifu, on the contray, it is the simple fact that it WAS Sifu Cama doing that form that gives it ANY credibility whatsoever.
    Anyone else doing that would be a joke.
    IS that clear?
    His skill and experience in Jooklum is NOt and was NEVER called into question.
    Is that clear?
    Good.

The ONLY thing that is being discusses is whether a form like that has any validity if it had been done by anyone else, and if NOT why?

That fact that I, since I speak only for myself, do NOT like forms of THAT type, means just that:
    I don't like those types of forms.
    Just like I don't like Kenpo ones, or Wushu ones or any form that is done to music.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

is it really that important to some of you that anonymous people sitting on a computer from different places around the globe respect you?

MY ****IN GOD THE HUMANITY!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    is it really that important to some of you that anonymous people sitting on a computer from different places around the globe respect you?

lol, well for some people it is. I would think that much is obvious.
    Also, have you seen the amount of utter crap on youtube that people think is the cats pajamas?

hahahah
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've been told by my GM that I shouldn't come here, either... hehehehe...

He's right, really. And one day I'll learn my lesson.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

Welcome to the cult of Bwang....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I've been told by my GM that I shouldn't come here, either... hehehehe...

He's right, really. And one day I'll learn my lesson.
    I was told by my GM there would be no dividend this year....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    I was told by my GM there would be no dividend this year....
    That's what BP said!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

My Sifu is very upset with me for answering your posts so I will close with this.
    see, here's another problem: when you ascribe to your sifu more control over your life than is reasonable: wake up, this is not 13th century CHina - your sifu is not your papy, who is he to dictate your personal life? furthermore, it's not like you are on here badmouthing him, so why should he be upset that you are engaging in a discussion about him? why are you allowing him to have a say about how you publicaly express yourself in regards to a video that he put out about himself, which is essentially inviting public commentary?

James Cama Sifu:
    First non-Chinese appointed Head Instructor of the N.Y. Chinese Freemasons Hung Ching position held by many great Sifu's including Grand Master Lam Sang.
    let me save you a lot of trouble: almost nobody cares; meaning that, the majority of the general public doesn't know what any of that means, so they don't care; also, anyone who has been in TMA for more than a certain period doesn't care either; and of course anyone doing non-TMA couldn't give a rat's asz at all; the only people that do care are people who have emerged from the total haze of newbieness and now think that their teacher is a special superhuman individual, and are happy to b able to tell everyone how awsemzors he is bec they feel good about themselves being affiiated with him as a result

James Cama only calls himself Sifu and does not display any of his certificates or rank.
    why doesn't he display certification of rank? if he is claiming all these ranks, he should display thme in his school - nothing wrong with that, it's displaying his professional credentials; again, MOST people don't care either way, but at least it shows he's legitamate in terms of what eh claims

He always states that people will know your skill by seeing your hand.
    this is true; at the same time, demonstrating in one's own school on one's own students doesn't really mean all that much; same with competing in tournaments other than hard or full-contact w/minimal rule sets;

My apologies to my Sifu and anyone else I've offended.
    why do you need to apologize to your sifu? you have done nothing here to offend him or paint him in a negative light; additionally, you have comitted no error by engaging in free public discourse; and no one here is offended by you - we may think you are a bit tunnel-visioned on some things or perhaps a bit overly rah-rah-rah for your sifu, but that's about it; lighten up, Francis...
    btw, I hope that you can show your sifu the article from the link i posted, I'd be curious about his take on it, as it articulates a lot of the principles he is talking about in the video, but from a more biomechanically correct perspective

James Cama Sifu:
    James Cama only calls himself Sifu and does not display any of his certificates or rank. He always states that people will know your skill by seeing your hand.
    My apologies to my Sifu and anyone else I've offended.

I've been in this position before and can see only three ideas of thought behind this...

1. Either you are no longer involved with the school and they don't want you speaking on their behalf.

2. They feel you are not experienced enough to speak in depth about the situation and might mis-represent them.

3. They know how discussing topics on the internet can get.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

I've been in this position before and can see only three ideas of thought behind this...

1. Either you are no longer involved with the school and they don't want you speaking on their behalf.

2. They feel you are not experienced enough to speak in depth about the situation and might mis-represent them.

3. They know how discussing topics on the internet can get.

OR

4. Sam is JAMES CAMA and cant take criticism!
    Just review his past posts he slips on a couple!
    Last edited by kungCopper; 06-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.

He is my papy. I only stated his credentials because there was a question if he's earned respect. His teachers are some of the most respected men in the world. His students keep a low profile but have fought with champion full contact fighters when we trained in Bath Beach boxing gym as well as private gong sao matches.
    James Cama Jr. (Sam)

Sam or James Cama or whoever you are,

Your sifu does not want you on here talking because of all the crap everyone is bringing up against your posts. Every time you post someone downs you and your teacher. That is probably why. He wants to remain anonymous, and in the shadows, shock powering his gullible students into believing in powers and ancient chinese voodoo.

Tai Gaak brought up an interesting point. It is very easy for any teacher to demonstrate on his own students who will not hit him for real.

Grappling has everyone rolling with everyone. No one claims to demonstrate super powers because frankly it is hard to have super powers against someone who is resisting you. And everyone is too busy doing hard work(kung fu) to be talking about puffing themselves up.

He is my papy. I only stated his credentials because there was a question if he's earned respect. His teachers are some of the most respected men in the world. His students keep a low profile but have fought with champion full contact fighters when we trained in Bath Beach boxing gym as well as private gong sao matches.
    James Cama Jr. (Sam)
    I would qualify this by saying his teachers are probably only respected in their little cult circles. No one else knows who they are.

James Cama Jr. (Sam)

Sam,

If he is indeed your father you're falling into exactly what some in this thread have posted as sifu/father worship. That's not saying your sifu/father does not have any skill as some have already posted, as well. You are always going to look at everything he does with a bias/vision that others not in you position have. I tend to agree with some of the posters that if, this was anyone other than sifu James Cama it would be looked upon much differently but, I don't clam any SPM experience or knowledge of it either.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I would qualify this by saying his teachers are probably only respected in their little cult circles. No one else knows who they are.
    wanna tell me why simply because you are not aware of these people, that it suddenly qualifies (to you) as a cult?
    nevermind. Don't even bother.

This is precisely why some people choose to remain out of the public eye.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.