Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taiji Legacy San Shou Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    is tjl even going on this year?
    Dunno. They haven't updated the website.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    I dunno.... I think I'll give a pass to that "life threatening heart surgery".... opting to say (much) "later for that", let alone "sooner".
    What are you saying? I don't understand.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LMAO !!
    Nice one.
    Thanks.... every so often I manage to hit one.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    What are you saying? I don't understand.
    Although there is risk associated with any surgery, most folks will choose to opt for something that is most likely to preserve, rather than threaten, their lives.

Oh.

I meant life threatening surgery as in you will die if you don't have it and the procedure itself can also lead to death.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Dunno. They haven't updated the website.
    I sent an email, and Patty answered me back saying that they are changing the location and have yet to find one. So they will update when that happens.

Sad, cause the plano center is only 10mins from my house. And that's if catch all the red light going there.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Oh.

I meant life threatening surgery....
    ANY surgery is potentially "life-threatening"...
    In many/most heart surgeries you can be considered "dead" by some because they purposely stop your heart during the surgery.... only restarting it after they can take you off the heart/lung machine.

... as in you will die if you don't have it and the procedure itself can also lead to death.
    There's a possibility that getting out of bed in the morning can lead to your death that very day.... the odds mitigate against it.
    Choosing a particular surgery involves evaluating the risk associated with having it vs not-having it.
    Generally speaking, the recipient would consider a surgery "life-threatening" when "the odds" of survival were "not optimal" when considering the choice(s).
    (there are usually few choices)

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    I sent an email, and Patty answered me back saying that they are changing the location and have yet to find one. So they will update when that happens.

Sad, cause the plano center is only 10mins from my house. And that's if catch all the red light going there.
    There's be talk (inner circle) that the TJL will be or is trying to be moved to "Vegas". I'm not sure how that will work out. Most people who have participated in TJL will not travel to Vegas, so they stand to lose many of there long time supporters.... Anywho, thats the talk. Dont know where there at in overall planning, to date, but thats where there trying to take the tounament.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post

I still can't believe I didn't make it last year.
    We gotta hang out at the actual event this time around.
    You up for another bonedaddy's trip?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Jimmy Wong just announced NO TJL this summer.

Got to hand it to MK. He called that last year. Of course, he deleted the thread, but still...

Dear Sifu's and Friends,

Hope everyone had a Happy Chinese New Year!

I know that many have asked about the upcoming Taiji Legacy for 2008 and I'm sorry for the delayed response. I understand that everyone needs to know for planning purposes.

We wanted to change the location this year so while waiting to hear from the new venue, we had not secured the old one at the Plano Convention Centre. Now it is getting too close to July to hold the tournament at that time. So, the unfortunate conclusion is that we will NOT be hosting the tournament this summer.

HOWEVER, if we are able to secure a location in the Fall, we will host the tournament in the Fall. In either case, we will host the tournament next summer in 2009. We will keep you informed as soon as we have information. Thank you for your patience!

I wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous Year of the Rat!

Respectfully,
    Jimmy Wong
    Major bummer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dang. Gene beat me to it. Just got the email myself.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I still can't believe I didn't make it last year.
    We gotta hang out at the actual event this time around.
    You up for another bonedaddy's trip?
    You know it.

But it looks like it will be in the fall. Hopefully. At least it won't be so freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Got to hand it to MK. He called that last year. Of course, he deleted the thread, but still...

Major bummer.
    Psalm 9:10
    Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, MK, have never forsaken those who seek you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

psalm 9:11

I will praise thee, MK, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works, if only you didn't friggin' delete them.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries
    no Tai Chi Legacy this year, that sucks!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better