Eric very well. Please share a picture of a Tan sau with connection to person limb or wooden man. An how you believe it should be. Now with that being said. Your utilization of Taan Sau is fine. But there is more than one way to Tan or Tan Da someone...There is outside gate and inner gate! Every lineage is different

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
I don't think it's disrespectful, simply calling a spade a spade. FWIW, neither Wing Chun I've learned would consider those moves, especially that tan sao, to be well structured.
Lone Tiger somethings are my own which might be application. i apply techniques differently. But as for training well thats the same. I apply techs different because my structure, speed and abilities are different. But yet an still its all the same as the original stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
Funny. I didn't say you did dude! I was merely throwing YOUR OWN words back atchya, as it sounded like you were saying that if I wanted to show Stan 'my real Wing Chun' then contact him or something!??

I enjoyed reading your other replies, and it is ever more clear to me what it is you are doing with your Wing Chun.

This post gives me a better picture of your understanding I think.

I believe The System is KEY. It can not be manipulated. It is fixed. It is more than what Ip Man taught in HK, and it has connections to both the Red Boats and Shaolin Temple, Kulo, Fatshan and the rest of the World through individual promotions! The System is, was and forever will be 'written down'. It's a map, if you like, of everything the original founder/s wanted to pass on.

If you want a modern interpretation, it is like what Bruce Lee's Jun Fan Gung Fu is to JKD. An original template for everything to grow from.

The STYLE is completely individual. This is where the changes happen, and what you are doing is simply 'your own thing' by the sound of it, possibly no different to your Sifu and his. Am I right?
JPinazz Bent Wrist is Tan Sau. Straight Wrist is Man Sau!

As for the wonderment of his WC clips. Where they are ten time better than your clips arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
Exactly. No disrespect meant, just calling it as I see it. I don't care from where or who the picture is of, if the tan is low with a bent wrist & wrist contact, it's a 'bad tan sao' structure-wise in my book.
I see yoshi's boy stan doing this same sorta stuff, and we all see how wonderful his WC clips are...