Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: chi vampirism

TCB,

Nice read, appreciate you posting it. Where is this excerpted from? Thanks

Greetings..

Thanks, Ronin.. lots of good balanced stuff at the site below..

http://biophysics.50megs.com/photo5.html

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

lots of good balanced stuff at the site below..

http://biophysics.50megs.com/photo5.html

Be well..
    Well, I give up. The evidence is just overwhelming! A free share website full of unintelligible self delusions, written by a non qualified quack _ did you actually look at this womand cradentials (I use the term lightly) peer reviewed by NO ONE, is you FAIR and Balances evidence? Hurry up grab your tin hat the black helicopters are coming!!!!

OH and PS. AGAIN I notice how you TOTALLY ignored the original BS call on this post, changed the subject and moved the goal posts!

What happened to the VAMPIRES and Killing people with your super powers!

Greetings..

Well, I give up. The evidence is just overwhelming! A free share website full of unintelligible self delusions, written by a non qualified quack _ did you actually look at this womand cradentials (I use the term lightly) peer reviewed by NO ONE, is you FAIR and Balances evidence? Hurry up grab your tin hat the black helicopters are coming!!!!
    I rest my case, Corwyn.. your intelligent command of communication skills and your presentation of evidence to the contrary.. is, well.. nonexistent.. you're just blabbering on and on.. and being disrespectful at it..

it is not the woman's credentials, at issue.. it is her compilation of references.. but the reasoning and logic required to follow-up, do the resarch, form supported opinions, and communicate those opinions with clarity and respect, are things you have not demonstrated.. i have spent years researching the science behind Qi, and its other labels.. regardless of how you label it, life-force energies have been measured, accepted as valid, and now, it is only a matter of deeper understandings..

Princeton, Cornell, MIT, Pepperdyne, etc.. prestigious learning and research schools have all devoted funds, staff, and resources in the rewarding pursuit of these issues.. The US military has and is actively pursuing certain of these issues, why? because of the valid evidence.. bury your head in the sand if you choose, in fact it's probably the best use of it..

The original notion of "Chi Vampires" is not one i choose to address.. it is a conglomerate of twisted concepts, without merit..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyn View Post
    RonH - RIGHT It's that FAMOUS "science is just not smart enough to understand" this stuff, but some illiterate holy man from the temple of IRippOffTheStupidWhiteMan has ALL the answers to the universe.
    Corwyn, what you don't understand is that the source of these same answers you asign only to an illiterate holy man is also within you. Do you want to tap that source or not? That is up to you.

NOTE the moving of the goal post - a typical tactic of the woo crowd when confronted by anyone who is unwilling to drink the cool aid. Change the subject! "bioelectricity version, there is also emotional and mental types"
    I did nothing of the sort. You asked 'How can we measure such energy?'.

If I came to you and asked 'how can we measure baryonic particles', you'd say something to the effect of 'which type of baryonic particle did you want to detect? There is more than one that would fall into the category of "baryonic".'

That is what I did. Just because you are unaware that there is more than one type of life force energy doesn't mean it hasn't existed before I made that statement.

WHAT Oh I suppose emotional type is where ghosts come from
    Ghosts come from a spirit leaving its physical form. A more in depth description would involve the metaphysicality of reality, but if you're curious of the primary source of spirits that incarnate into material form, that would be The All. It also goes by a variety of different names because of the variety of subjective viewpoints. The Kybalion is available on the internet and it gives a thorough explanation. The qustion becomes if you're interested in reading it. That's up to you and no skin off my nose.

But BACK to the original claim - Chi Vampirism was the concern and 5animals claim that one can defend and attack people with this imaginary power.

I call BullSh8! If I came on this board and said that I could beat all the sifus that visit this board with one hand tied behind my back because I invented the newest and best MA that is unbeatable, my finger couldn't make it from the enter button posting that message to scratching my ass before at least 5 people called me on it.
    So what?

Well, what you are claiming - that some universal power which is undetectable, invisible and unaffected by the ordinary world and to science yet YOU have not only access to this power but can control it in the physical world well enough
    to even KILL people with it - is far more RIDICULIOUS!
    **Undetectable? No. Just limited in how it can be detected, as anything else is.
    **Invisible? No, you can see it with your eyes, if you relax them enough and gaze at an object. Most often, you'll see it as a white haze around things, sometimes it might be blue, but...again...this is only one type of energy that exists.
    **Unaffected? Hardly. When speaking of the metaphysicality of existence, there are any number of planes, though a simplified view puts them down to a minimum of 3: the physical, the next up being emotional and the top being mental. Energy passing from the mental goes down to the emotional and then, to the physical. It moves from the physical back up to the emotional and finallly back up to the mental. Energy that starts at the emotional expands up to the mental and down to the physical simultaneously and when it reaches both of these places, it goes back to the emotional level. It continuously cycles back and forth, even when the source of a planar shift of energy starts on the physical level.

You may think 'well, then it should be easy to change reality because it should be so effortlessly to do so'. That may be true, but there are also all the other people and entities in existence throughout all of reality that are doing this with any and all things, so it's a tug of war. The stronger the will, the more times you will succeed, but that also means that stuff you don't want to happen may happen.

But, that isn't to say that everything that happens to you, both good and bad, is your fault. Some entities have stronger wills than you and no matter how much you try, they just overpower you and you become helpless to their power.

Realizing this and practicing in increasing your will gives you a better chance, but there is no gaurantee you'll succeed.

RonH - To whom do you have to prove it? To anyone who asks or be prepared to be called a lire or a fool!
    Since when am I the one responsible for the beliefs of everyone else?

If you make extra ordinary claims you should be able to back it up to those who have doubts about your claim.
    Why? That logic escapes me. Why is it necessary for me to do so?

And saying that those who question you are just "closed" minded is just the same thing as if
    after making my claim about my superior MA ,some of the Sifus here challenge me and I say "I just don't think that you're good enough, so it would be waist of my time to try to teach you something."
    Those that don't want to believe are closed minded, not necesarily those that question. There's a difference.

What would happen to me on this forum if I did that?
    You're doing it right now.

I, for the life of me, can not understand WHY we let people slide with these kinds of crazy claims to the supernatural all the time.
    It's called a respect for the difference of opinion. This forum is not about a 'them versus us' mentality. Are we to bar people based on something else that can't be detected by everyday science, such as belief in an extraphysical deity?

I guess people just feel like they shouldn't pick on the village idiot
    Picking on someone just because of their difference of opinon shows signs of a personality that needs help. You believe somethinng different from me. That is you, this is me. I'm not going around, saying this forum shouldn't let people like you on it, yet you are and I'm not saying this as part of that 'there's no absolutes, it's all relative'. Relativism only works to a point, in my opinion. But, when it comes to you and this topic, I haven't seen relativism go beyond what could be considered reasonable.

"Princeton, Cornell, MIT, Pepperdyne, etc.. prestigious learning and research schools have all devoted funds, staff, and resources in the rewarding pursuit of these issues.. The US military has and is actively pursuing certain of these issues, why? because of the valid evidence.."

Argument from authority holds as much water as a fishnet. Unless you can quote peer reviewed papers from accredited sources and not some website put together by a bimbo who links her own articles as evidence for her own BS.

"The following are excerpts from cutting-edge "scientists", the same science you wish could debunk Qi.. it is simply not so.."

Again I notice the absolute LACK of any evidence!

"Aside from the bioelectricity version, there is also emotional and mental types. To record these with technology of today would be analogous to taking astronomy measurements with a turkey baster. It is ill-equiped to do the job."

And then of course there is the gem and gist of your woo. Well WHICH ONE is it? How much validity is there in all the studies and links you quack on about if in the next breath you hasten to explain that science is as you put it "ill-equipped to do the job"?
    What good is your evidence and why should I not laugh at you sticking your head up your but if the very argument YOU make starts out with "well all the evidence we have is really questionable because the tools we use to collect the evidence is really very poor" but when I refuse to drink the cool-aid there is something wrong with me

"it is a conglomerate of twisted concepts, without merit.."

This is the most - scratch that - the ONLY coherent and constistant thing you've
    said so far.

For some people, believing in something they don't understand
    is more important than understanding what they believe in.

"Princeton, Cornell, MIT, Pepperdyne, etc.. prestigious learning and research schools have all devoted funds, staff, and resources in the rewarding pursuit of these issues.. The US military has and is actively pursuing certain of these issues, why? because of the valid evidence.."

Argument from authority holds as much water as a fishnet. Unless you can quote peer reviewed papers from accredited sources and not some website put together by a bimbo who links her own articles as evidence for her own BS.

"The following are excerpts from cutting-edge "scientists", the same science you wish could debunk Qi.. it is simply not so.."

Again I notice the absolute LACK of any evidence!

"Aside from the bioelectricity version, there is also emotional and mental types. To record these with technology of today would be analogous to taking astronomy measurements with a turkey baster. It is ill-equiped to do the job."

And then of course there is the gem and gist of your woo. Well WHICH ONE is it? How much validity is there in all the studies and links you quack on about if in the next breath you hasten to explain that science is as you put it "ill-equipped to do the job"?
    What good is your evidence and why should I not laugh at you sticking your head up your but if the very argument YOU make starts out with "well all the evidence we have is really questionable because the tools we use to collect the evidence is really very poor" but when I refuse to drink the cool-aid there is something wrong with me

"it is a conglomerate of twisted concepts, without merit.."

This is the most - scratch that - the ONLY coherent and constistant thing you've
    said so far.

For some people, believing in something they don't understand
    is more important than understanding what they believe in.
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ............../......__........................................:` .........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Next time, read the person's post before you do a multi-quote nightmare. He said he was just talking about one type of energy being bioelectrical, yet you had to say "well there R emotional types 2 lol" Well man, I want you to step back, chill, and accept people's opinions. The methods we use in scientific study are dubious at times, and there are certainly large forces which we have yet to discover. Stop taking everything personal.

Also please use actual quote format instead of just using quotation marks and tinting your text an epileptic neon blue.

Greetings..

Sadly, i've done it again.. i assumed Corwyn had the ability to read, research and reason.. i was profoundly wrong.. faced with insurmountable evidence, he grasps firmly to his own level of comfort (3rd grade).. science is a process, we are dealing with cutting edge physics, some of the brightest minds on the planet are researching these issues, why? Because they have real and tangible merit.
    Argument from authority holds as much water as a fishnet.
    What can i say? i offer reference resources that require you to do some cognitive research on your own, and, yes.. there are "peer reviewed" studies.. heck, much of this is simply accepted science.. i've done my homework, about 10 years ago.. and i'm not inclined to re-do it to satisfy your closed mind.. regardless of what i or anyone else show you, you will hold fast to your beliefs.. do yourself and others the favor of actually researching these issues..
    LOL, yes, Corwyn, you have handicaps.. a closed mind, an antagonistic attitude, and a knack for ignoring the obvious.. you would have been the last to believe the earth is spherical, or that it is not the center of the universe.. So, even though you see the train coming, you won't believe it till it hits you (good luck with that).. The peer reviews and hard science you demand have already passed you by.. actually, science/physics is researching areas beyond those discussed here.. even science itself admits that there is stuff that it knows is there but cannot yet define or measure, which, by your standards, would relegate said stuff into the realm of "quackery"..

So, keep the faith, Corwyn.. most of us will benefit from the advances of science, you, however, will squander the opportunities in order to feed your desperate ego.. i really can't see any reason to respond further to your nonsense.. you ask for "peer reviews".. i ask for evidence that disproves the assertions i have referenced.. any simpleton can challenge those that do the work, try offering some corresponding contrary evidence.. try bringing some substance to the discussion.. your notion of: because it ain't measured it ain't so.. is just sad.. contribute something besides sarcastic skepticism.. put forth your own beliefs..

The science you ask for "peer reviews" from is the same science spending billions of dollars researching these issues.. your only faith is in the "peer reviews"? You are asking everyone to do the research for you, you could not have done any real research and hold the position you have put forth here.. or, you are just another whiney little kid that gets off on arguing with informed people.. in either case, you have nothing to offer this discussion..

Be well..

NJM, I like the picture. It's very nice, but I have a question. Are they wearing something on their head? If they aren't, I think you drew an alien.

Which one is what? Which one is bioelectricity? If that is what you are asking, that is the material world version, not the emotional or mental versions.

If this is not what you are asking, I'll need more specifics from you, so speak up.

What good is your evidence
    The reasoning for determining just how good this evidence is is less objective and more subjective. When involving the perspectives of those in the mystical/energy communities, you'll run the range of people who believe in an afterlife that believe in a number of planes of existence and there are those that believe in no afterlife and just believe in working with energy.

However, in both...it comes down to what feels right for you, not necessarily 'what should feel right for everyone or they are doing something wrong'.

and why should I not laugh at you sticking your head up your but if the very argument YOU make starts out with "well all the evidence we have is really questionable because the tools we use to collect the evidence is really very poor" but when I refuse to drink the cool-aid there is something wrong with me
    I have done nothing of the sort. I have never said it is questionable or even implied it. If that's what you took from it, it isn't my fault you added a meaning.

I said it is limited evidence with the current scientific development level of the planet when trying to do an objective analysis.

As I said above, it's up to you on what you want to believe, but you're suggesting we are insane and that we shouldn't be allowed on the board because we don't believe what you believe.

Scholar This Is For You

scholar I am deeply hurt by the things which you have posted on this thread, I myself was once a wiccan with a passion, I am not angry with you I not going to tell you how narrow minded your words are coming across, and that they in fact have NO relevance to the original question

Im simply going to explain that I was not allowed to continue my religion due to the social norms of 'christianity' in which i was abused by freinds and family in ways you would not care to read about, all because i had a different belief and faith to them

I could compile evidence a plenty that suggests Christianity is a made up religion and if anyone wishes me to they only need to ask, but I wouldn't do that on a forum because i know how important religion is to people and i wouldn't want you to feel discriminated against.

If it is at all possible I would like scholars posts on wicca removed as it is open discrimination. I do not pretend to understand christianity and insult it, and scholar should not be doing the same to a religion that is important in ways im sure he would struggle to understand! his words are of a brainwashed, bordering on paraniod human being.

as i said please remove these posts if at all possible, if not then I would like an apology, I dont mean to be pedantic or an 'fussy' but the claims he made were not only serious but untrue
    self discipline is the key element of self respect, and self respect is the key element of courage

Quote Originally Posted by shortlee View Post
    scholar I am deeply hurt by the things which you have posted on this thread, I myself was once a wiccan with a passion, I am not angry with you I not going to tell you how narrow minded your words are coming across, and that they in fact have NO relevance to the original question

Im simply going to explain that I was not allowed to continue my religion due to the social norms of 'christianity' in which i was abused by freinds and family in ways you would not care to read about, all because i had a different belief and faith to them

I could compile evidence a plenty that suggests Christianity is a made up religion and if anyone wishes me to they only need to ask, but I wouldn't do that on a forum because i know how important religion is to people and i wouldn't want you to feel discriminated against.

If it is at all possible I would like scholars posts on wicca removed as it is open discrimination. I do not pretend to understand christianity and insult it, and scholar should not be doing the same to a religion that is important in ways im sure he would struggle to understand! his words are of a brainwashed, bordering on paraniod human being.

as i said please remove these posts if at all possible, if not then I would like an apology, I dont mean to be pedantic or an 'fussy' but the claims he made were not only serious but untrue
    Hi shortlee,

In America we don't take down a post just because it hurts someone else's feelings. You are responsible for your feelings being hurt, NOT scholar. Take responsibility for your own feelings. It is more improper to make someone conform to your idea of what is appropriate then to write something that offends others. It is unproductive to try to change the world since the world doesn't care what you think or how you feel. It is more productive to change yourself. That is, allow the world to be the world and understand that approval of the world system is not a requirement for something to be valuable to you.

That which is different is always scorned by popular culture. You cannot change it because it is the way (Tao) of social groups. The world does not have to approve of you and you do not have to seek the world's approval. If you require the approval of others to validate your experiences and thoughts then you are a slave to the world system and this is where the problem lays, not with scholar's comments.

scholar was sharing an opinion while you are trying to force your personal idea of what is right or wrong on everyone here by changing the format of this BB! Your sin is greater than his! He voiced an opinion, but did NOT try to change your behavior. You are trying to change the format/behavior of the board just because YOU allowed your feelings to be hurt by someone else. The reality is YOU allowed your feelings to he hurt by scholar. It is your responsibility NOT scholar's! Your reaction to his comments could be used as a personal revelation that allows you to understand your own inner mind and make your own internal adjustments. If you take this opportunity to change yourself you will increase your personal insight and become one step closer to being unaffected by the vicissitudes of life! This will increase your personal power and the effectiveness of your Wiccan practice!

This is an open BB. You have a right to say what you like within the rules of the forum and so does scholar. If they took down every post that offended someone there wouldn't be much on the BB.

I like the way you express your feelings in a more or less dignified manner, but your time would be better spent educating us on what you perceive to be the inaccuracies of scholar's comments. This is how an open discussion compares and contrasts ideas.

So far we have only learned about your feelings and not Wicca. The reality is most people don't care about your feelings, but might be interested in how your experience of Wicca demonstrates scholar's view's inaccurate.

Okay fair point give me a few days and ill be back it will take me some time to get the evidence

All i can say is that im glad I dont live in America, if scholar had made a reasonable argument about how HE Perceives wicca to be unjustifyed then fair enough. what he did was blaber on about satanism, his comments belong in the age of the witch hunts. I know there is freedom of speech and all that stuff but what happened to a bit of good manners, politness and general 'im not going to insult people today' he can comment on everything else and insult me that doesnt bother me but preaching lies about religion is a different mattter.

But i guess that would make me just as bad as him if i did not make a compelling argument to prove his words are lies like i said il be back in a few days

thankyou scott
    self discipline is the key element of self respect, and self respect is the key element of courage

Hi shortlee,

Thank you for understanding my intent was benevolent when responding to your post.

I support your right to disagree with scholar and I actually support your right to be upset with his post if that is how you choose to react. I just want to try to avoid a witch hunt in trying to avoid witch hunts.

If you perceive his information/opinion to be false then it does the readers here a benefit if you, who have direct experience with the topic, inform those of us who are not as well informed about your own experiences and understanding of the practices of Wicca. This might have the beneficial result of undoing any perceived damage you think may have occurred as a result of scholar's comments.

I almost posted this elsewhere

almost put it in our media vampires thread. silly me.
    Psychic Vampires Walk Among Us
    By Patrick Senn & Travis Brewer PARAPSYCHOLOGICAL INVESTIGATORS

Published: Monday, November 2, 2009

Unlike stereotypical blood-sucking vampires, psychic vampires feed off of human energy. Michelle Belanger explains these differences and her position as a psychic vampire.

Obviously, not all vampires come from Transylvania.

They don't necessarily have any unusual aversions to sunlight or garlic, and they don't "vant to suck your blood" any more than the average person. If they all sucked blood and vampirized every victim with every bite, then there'd be a hell of a lot of them attacking from pretty much every shadow by now, so obviously that can't be true, right?

Obviously.

So, then, once all the hackneyed stereotypes are thrown out, what exactly is a vampire? Perhaps more importantly, could such a thing ever truly have existed?

There was the real-life Romanian folk hero Vlad Tepes. Vlad did some crazy things, like impaling folks from anus to mouth on long, oiled stakes, which he would arrange in various geometric shapes.

To be fair, he did this to drive the invading Ottoman Empire's troops out of his homeland. Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, was probably the original “sanguinarian” (or blood-drinking) vampire.

The real vampire is a creature that steals its victims' life energy, whether through blood or other means. Stealing vital energy from another to feed the self is a predatory lifestyle that many parasites have adapted to immaculately.

Not all people who claim to be a part of the (mostly American and European) underground vampire subculture drink blood.

Many of them claim to be “psychic vampires,” and even they readily admit that “vampire” is not the right word.

Remember Qi (phonetically: chee)? If not, it's the life force that Traditional Chinese Medicine states flows through every living thing. According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are some people who are naturally low in this vital energy.

In the East, these people are recognized as suffering from a medical condition that can be fatal if not treated by a qualified specialist who can perform the proper acupuncture and acupressure, as well as teach the individual the proper Qi-gathering techniques.

If you're in the West, though, you'll encounter medical doctors don't believe in Qi or any vital energy. Those theories were supposedly disproven hundreds of years ago, they believe.

Due to the non-acceptance of this theory in the West, people with naturally low levels of this energy typically don't have access to proper care for their condition and often resort to taking this vital energy from others to survive.

If they don't, their bodies will begin to deteriorate, leading to organ malfunctions.

Eventually, they will die. Since there's no other word for one who takes the vital energy from others, they call themselves “psychic vampires.”

One of these “psychic vampires” visited USA on Oct. 21 and gave a presentation about this elusive subculture.

Michelle Belanger agreed to sit down with USA's Parapsychological Investigators (PSI) afterward to talk more about what exactly makes a psychic vampire.

Belanger described a typical “feeding session” for us.

She begins by envisioning life energy as “light” emanating from her willing donor.

After meditating to enter an altered state of consciousness, she envisions connecting the light of the donor to her own, as if completing a circuit, and then draws this “light” from them to herself.

Belanger is a strong advocate of responsible energy transfer, and has done much to promote safety and responsibility in all of the general vampire subculture.

She stated that in college she tried to quit taking the life energy of others cold-turkey, with nearly fatal results.

According to Belanger, she became hospital-bound within weeks, suffering from severe chest aches and heart problems, so much so that a doctor recommended a heart transplant.

Supposedly, these psychic vampires tend to exhibit other paranormal activity as well. Belanger considers herself an empath, a psychically-sensitive person who can paranormally gain knowledge of another person's emotions and intentions.

USA PSI asked Belanger to participate in an impromptu Zener card-guessing experiment, a classic parapsychological test used to determine extrasensory perception (ESP) ability.

She scored seven cards correct out of 25, an average of 28 percent accuracy. Pure chance scores would be five cards right, an average of 20 percent.

To get a complete idea of one's ESP abilities, notable parapsychologist Dr. Carroll B. Nash insists that a minimum of 250 trials be conducted (as in USA PSI's own ESP research study that concluded last week).

Belanger was unable to produce electromagnetic field (EMF) fluctuation, citing travel-related issues and no access to an energy source.

She declined when USA PSI volunteered themselves as energy sources, indicating that she refused to feed off of strangers. Belanger claims to be highly sensitive to human energy fields under optimum conditions.

If you ignore the stereotypes and consider that parasitic vampirism is perfectly natural, the vampire as a human energy-taker becomes much more interesting and less fearsome.

USA PSI must insist that you do not try to take anyone's life energy unless you have no other choice, and then only if the donor is willing.

Psychic vampires have been very careful to keep their good name intact, and anyone who ruins it for them will inevitably have to face a whole demographic of ****ed-off vampires.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I know there are some people who, after spending time with them, suck the life out of you. They just drain you. Mostly , these are whiners, complainers, "poor little me's," my ex, and other mental/emotional incompetants.
    Now that we identified them as vampires...can we kill them?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.