Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cynthia Rothrock kung fu form at the shaolin buy your belt temple

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    Her studio is in Studio City.
    I stand corrected.

Wow, Cynthia Rothrock has really gone downhill! If that was supposed to be some sort of nanquan, where are the stances? I don't want to sound too critical, but, c'mon. Ah, well.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    worse than "some sort of nan chuan," it was a horribly ba$tardized version of Hung-Ga's Tiger Crane form.
    What really gets my goat is when they take a form, have no clue whatsoever as to the application of the moves, or how to do them properly, and replace them with horrendously disturbing interpetations-which have no application, but to them, somehow, they look like Kung-Fu. It WAS Kung-Fu before! What makes you think you are fixing it?
    I just don't get the thinking...mind boggling.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I would be interested in who taught her that form.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I would be interested in who taught her that form.
    well, she was probably at a lot of the same tournaments that you were at over the years, and you did say that USSD is known for videoing other people's stuff, and seeing as you ARE an 11th Dan Great-Grand-Master of the Ten Tiger's System....

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, she was probably at a lot of the same tournaments that you were at over the years, and you did say that USSD is known for videoing other people's stuff, and seeing as you ARE an 11th Dan Great-Grand-Master of the Ten Tiger's System....
    That is certainly NOT our Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen.
    Not even if you filmed it from a circus mirror....
    I am sure she is doing it just as she was taught, but it was obviously by someone who had no experience in TCMA.
    Looking at the "interpetation" of the Tiger section, it is plain to see that they had no idea of the moves, let alone understanding of martial application in any art. Even if a reasonably knowledgable Karate-ka were to see the original movements, he would be able to see the application. This just shows a complete lack of understanding of technique.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

That's the Rothrock Fu Hoc set...with pieces of stuff she learned here and there. Its just entertainment.

Greetings,

I had the opportunity to see Cynthia Rothrock compete in the early 80's. She performed Eagle Claw forms. My impression was that she was just a "forms competitor". I never got the impression she went past the superficial. The question is whether she ever pursued it in that way (as a traditionalist). I do not think so and it shows.

mickey

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)
    It's been awhile since I've seen it (I never learned it) but I think it is "Outer Tiger" from Pai Lum.

I met her once and she was a genuinely nice person and absolutely beautiful.

Eric Hunstad
    www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

Cynthia did study Pai Lum and depending on one's perspective, Pai Lum "was influenced by", "borrowed from" or "blatently stole" info from many other styles. This one looks like Outer Tiger, which was obviously based on Fu Hok.

I met her in 1998 I think.

Talking

Actually, it apparently was 1997. The question is "Can Royce rock the cowboy boots"?

I know subtle never gets understood on the internet, but go back and re=read what I wrote, see if you get it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

that video hurt my brain

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I know subtle never gets understood on the internet, but go back and re=read what I wrote, see if you get it
    Wow...LMFAO. I'm pretty sure she learned (at least some) of her eagle claw from my Sigong's lineage.

Greetings,

I didn't read what lkfmdc put up. He got it right.

mickey