View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1296 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 296796119612461286129412951296129712981306 ... LastLast
Results 19,426 to 19,440 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Grasshopper: "Sir, I have wanted to learn 8 Immortals Kung Fu my whole life. Do you teach it?"

Ambiguously Asian Master: "Of course! I made up a form yesterday and decided to call it 8 Immortals. It's not really Kung Fu, though. But it almost is!"

Grasshopper: "Close enough! Sign me up!"
    Lol. I learned from an unambiguously American master.

I suppose the only "real" 8 immortals is........

Well, it's mostly non existent , and most that exists is dramatized gymnastics with no martial content. Sd"s is good enough for me. But perhaps you don't like it.

Your choice. That's cool.

Try some other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

Well, it's mostly non existent , and most that exists is dramatized gymnastics with no martial content. Sd"s is good enough for me. But perhaps you don't like it.

Your choice. That's cool.

Try some other brand.
    that makes you a cultural thief and robber.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Sin the"s worst crime was committing fraud in the seventies, and continuing it for 40 years.

Had he done that in the 20's, without the wookie, he just might have gotten into the books as a traditional shaolin master

Wha it all comes down to is actual martial content. Does sd have it? Yes, but it needs more
    Drills. That's not necessarily a flaw
    In the system. Just of
    Practitioners

Sin the"s worst crime was committing fraud in the seventies, and continuing it for 40 years.

Had he done that in the 20's, without the wookie, he just might have gotten into the books as a traditional shaolin master
    because 1920s Chinese are treated like cokroaches. sin thes crime is considered bad because we actually some what respect other peoples cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    that makes you a cultural thief and robber.
    Lol. I know you're a troll, but this is funny. We're all cultural thieves. Karate is a cultural thief. The Chinese stole theirs from others as well

Of course, if we're all adopting cultural practices voluntarily, then nobody's a thief. My practice of sd, gi or no gi, stops no ****ty dude in pajamas from practicing ritualized dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    because 1920s Chinese are treated like cokroaches. sin thes crime is considered bad because we actually some what respect other peoples cultures.
    Indonesians are known to make **** up about martial arts and call it tradition. You ought to respect the bejeezus out of sin the then.

Lol. I know you're a troll, but this is funny. We're all cultural thieves. Karate is a cultural thief. The Chinese stole theirs from others as well

Of course, if we're all adopting cultural practices voluntarily, then nobody's a thief. My practice of sd, gi or no gi, stops no ****ty dude in pajamas from practicing ritualized dance.
    china and japan exchanged culture freely. we both Asian.

there is difference between dance created by famous people that last for 1000 years, and some lame sh1t made up by Indonesian college student to fool Kentucky hillbillies.
    Lol. I know you're a troll, but this is funny.
    shaolin do trolled your life. it trolled away your youth and vitality.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.

I've seen questionable things in sd. But as
    For
    The core, it's unquestionable. It's the foundation of every martial art, ever, except modern wushu

Thank god you're not
    The stereotypical Asian without command of
    Subject-verb agreement bawang. Lol

I've seen questionable things in sd. But as
    For
    The core, it's unquestionable. It's the foundation of every martial art, ever, except modern wushu
    modern wushu comes from cha quan. its 1000 times more traditional than shaolin do.

Cool. Have a nice day, bawang.

Cool. Have a nice day, bawang.
    I want you to cry. when you finally cry and yell in anguish and curse sin the, you will be free from his evil shadow.

for real

Is Bawang Jim Jones? Reincarnate. He sure preaches alot. Peace to you my Brother and all yours . I would worry more about the Prez and congress than this.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Bawang are you asian?? Well no wonder you are so focused on bbc..
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

That is not going to happen, bawang. Myself, I left SDalmost 20 years ago and have studied other arts. One thing I found in the Asian community that seems to conflict with your earlier post about Chinese and Japanese. After what the Japanese did to the Chinese in Nanking and other places when they invaded, it would seem you would not be so willing to accept Japanese culture. Personally, I always found it surprising that SKT would adopt anything Japanese due to the deep hatred most Chinese had for anything Nippon. But who the heck am I?