Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: attention circle walkers

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    you get further away from where you started walking??
    And yet if you continued walking......you would still end up where you started once again!

i dont know diddly squat about bagua i just like the style but i thought circle walking was some sort of qigong routine and used to practice structure correct?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    And yet if you continued walking......you would still end up where you started once again!
    (marijuana joint falls out of mouth)

bro you just blew our minds

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i dont know diddly squat about bagua i just like the style but i thought circle walking was some sort of qigong routine and used to practice structure correct?
    Yeah, that's a pretty decent generalization.
    I see circle walking as a method of training mind/body integration. Just the practice of walking the circle itself, without the incorporation of palm changes is a good method of practicing good body alignment while in motion. It is also a good way to practice continuous transitional movement without breaking ones root.
    There are several principles involved with proper body structure in Bagua and it can be quite the meditation practice trying to maintain all of these principles while in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    circle walking is a form of qigong, then again, so are most exercises if one applies the right intention behind the movements and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    yet only if the path was linear on a sphere and the person had enough spacial skills to guide them, otherwise this statement is only partially correct.... if it were an another plane of existence that was not sphereical in nature, one would simply walk for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-H View Post
    There are several principles involved with proper body structure in Bagua and it can be quite the meditation practice trying to maintain all of these principles while in motion.
    the same wisdom can be applied to all movements concievable in the mind.

yet only if the path was linear on a sphere and the person had enough spacial skills to guide them, otherwise this statement is only partially correct.... if it were an another plane of existence that was not sphereical in nature, one would simply walk for eternity.
    WE live on a sphere! LOL!!

Anything else is just immmmmmaaaaagggggiiiiiinnnnnaaaaaattttiiiioooonnnn nnn!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    There is nothing to say about what it achieves.

Come visit me and I will SHOW you what it achieves.
    I see you're associated with the Gompa. Dr Painter has near devine status here in the DFW area. Did you train in Arlington? What path did you take to Bagua, the traditional through Xing Yi?

I met Dr. Painter at a seminar in the late 1990's, and he handled me with ease.

I asked him to teach me what I did not know.

I have been with him ever since.

I have been certified to teach the first level of the Jiulong Baguazhang system, and I am working on becoming a shifu in the system.

I will also be learning the family Xing Yi Quan and Tai Ji Quan as well.

Baguazhang speaks to me on a level that the others do not.

I train in Arlington yearly as well as host Dr. Painter at workshops here in Boston and attend the annual Gathering of the Circle which is our week logn Jiulong Baguazhang camp.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

Dale,

Just out of curiosity what did you train before you found Dr. Painter? Might give some folks an idea of what you brought to the table that Dr. Painter "handled with ease".
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Might give some folks an idea of what you brought to the table that Dr. Painter "handled with ease".
    dales ****ing huge... that's what he means.

dales ****ing huge... that's what he means.
    Not to me. Dale is about the same size I am.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

I had been training for over 20 years in Uechi Ryu as well as having been exposed to Judo, Aikido, South Mantis, an another Baguazhang system before I met Dr. Painter.

I am 6'2" and 285-300 depending on what I am eating and training.

Dr. Painter handled my external training and laid me on the ground with ease.

Hence my immediate response to ask him to train me.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    I had been training for over 20 years in Uechi Ryu as well as having been exposed to Judo, Aikido, South Mantis, an another Baguazhang system before I met Dr. Painter.

I am 6'2" and 285-300 depending on what I am eating and training.

Dr. Painter handled my external training and laid me on the ground with ease.

Hence my immediate response to ask him to train me.
    Thanks for sharing.

Do you find any similarities between Bagua and Aikido?

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Not to me. Dale is about the same size I am.
    you just have more hair.

Our system (Wang Zhuangfei)/lineage is very different from Dale's system from what I can see on youtube but the importance of Circle walking remains on top of the training list (AFAIC). This practice develops the body in ways that other systems I've practiced (Northern Mantis, Tai Mantis, Taiji (Chen, Yang, Wu)) never came close to. You need to go have a taste, then perhaps you'll know.

Dale, you still planning to move to Florida?