Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liu He Ba Fa or shaolin-do

You will never know when I am in the Chicago area. Unless you've been hyperactive in your tai chi sensitivity exercises.

Reply]
    I will be waiting for you to appear in my room in a foolish attempt to kill me in my sleep then.

I have allways wanted to catch myself my very own Ninja!!

Where do you live? I find it hard to believe you'd have LHBF but no Wing Chun or Mantis.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Paul Dillion is in Iowa
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Paul Dillion is in Iowa
    I do not know of any SD (or CSC) schools in Iowa.

I looked up Paul Dillon and his school in is Idaho. The SD instructors in Idaho would be under the Soards and the Chinese Shaolin Center (basically the same thing, but with a different name and a different set of politics). I really can't tell you much about their teachers, but there are others on the site that can. The teacher in your area may be very good and very qualified. You will just have to try it for yourself.

As for Mr. Dillon, he appears to be very reputable. Not personally knowing him or his instruction, it would seem that you couldn't do wrong with him.

It's all personal preference.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 05-20-2007 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Cool

I live in Boise,Idaho. There is wing chun but I'm not going to do all of that bow to buddah stuff. There is no mantis as far as I know.

There is wing chun but I'm not going to do all of that bow to buddah stuff.
    WTF are you talking about?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    We should cross hands some time. Let me know next time you are in the Chicago area.
    By the time you know he is there you will already be dead!!

Yeah, I'm somewhat confused by that statement as well.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

By the time you know he is there you will already be dead!!

Reply]
    No, I have a lot of experience with Ninja's...it's more like by the time he realizes he just killed my pillows, his achellies tendons will be cut out by my Ka Bar and he will be flopping happlessly on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    That's very true, sadly. Many ninja clans have disgraced our name. But it doesn't change the fact that tai chi isn't good for fighting; at least, for anything more than pushing grandpa out of the way to get my medicaid, or finger striking a cantaloupe, or threatening to push over the phone card stand with a wardoff press and push at the drugstore when the cashier refuses to redeem an expired coupon that you've already misinterpreted as giving you a free lifetime supply of adult diapers.
    chen taiji is an exxcellent fighting art
    at least when coupled with san da

if it was me i would also vote for liu he

see if u can mix ur liu he training with an mma school or judo

i doubt that there are just 3 schools

remember boxing is also a very good martial art that all to often goes under the radar of the "martial" artist

be open to everything and take what u like
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by hindoshima View Post
    I live in Boise,Idaho. There is wing chun but I'm not going to do all of that bow to buddah stuff. There is no mantis as far as I know.
    yeah dude that must be a pretty weird WC school
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by hindoshima View Post
    Try PM'ing lawrenceofidaho who posts here on the KFM forums. He does a lot of things but I think Wing Chun is his main style.

There is no bowing to Buddha unless your school happens to be a particularly devout Buddhist one. Very unusual in my opinion. However, there is a sequence of movements in the 1st form called "3 Prayers to Buddha" (wu sau to fook sau repeated 3 times). But that is in name only - no-one in their right mind would think this is actually a prayer to Buddha.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Ninja's can't fight thier way out of a paper bag even when they are vastly outnumbering thier opponent.
    according to the inverse inverse ninja law a zombie ninja can be quite effective. it goes like this. a horde of elite ninjas is practically useless against a lone opponent but one dead, rotting and retarded ninja can perform occasional miracles.

here is my scholarly source on ninja related issues:
    http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=18&issue=8

so when zombiegeddon happens you better hope there are no ninjas about. just a thought.

LOL!!!

It seems Giant planet sized space monsters are the real threat!!

Cool

I went to the wing chun school and there were buddahs( Sorry about spelling) everywhere and incense was burning. It just didn't feel right to me.