View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1000 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 500900950990998999100010011002101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Old Noob, we are playing in someone else's yard, therefore we need to play by their rules, and if they choose to rip the toy out of our hands that we were playing with that's just the way it is. I myself have had to learn this as well. And yes the popular kids get favoritism. There's honestly no point to fight it because you won't be heard. So either fall in line or leave the forum.

It's hard to make standards for something so opinion-based

To be honest, I closed it on a whim. And I may re-open it on a whim later. If that bothers you, perhaps you have a misguided idea of what this forum is.

It may surprise you all to learn that I don't actually receive that many formal complaints. We get about one every week or two. And most of them come from the same individual (who is hopefully reading this and now realizes that he's the only person complaining so much). Now, mind you, there are some complaints that are PMed directly to a specific forum mod so I might not see those, although they are usually cc-ed to me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Old Noob, we are playing in someone else's yard, therefore we need to play by their rules, and if they choose to rip the toy out of our hands that we were playing with that's just the way it is. I myself have had to learn this as well. And yes the popular kids get favoritism. There's honestly no point to fight it because you won't be heard. So either fall in line or leave the forum.
    I was just trying to figure out what the rules were. I now understand that the rules change second by second depending on the positions of certain astrological signs, the caffienation level of the mods, the "popularity level" of the people involved, the douche-factor, and the thin-skinnedness of the one forum member who can't seem to fight his own battles and cries to his forum momma when something offends him. I got it now. Thanks.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Yet another fine example of judicious modding and standard setting by MK. We should probably close this thread.

Awww shoot

I was just about to close this thread, just for fun. Now you've done gone and spoiled it.

As for rules standards, in general, we're pretty lenient around here. I must say I find the reaction to closing the Is Shaolin-Do for real? thread pretty amusing right now, but it's a slow Friday so I'm easily amused. It's tempting me to close more threads just to open more discussion, as paradoxical as that might seem.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Yet another fine example of judicious modding and standard setting by MK. We should probably close this thread.
    I'm not here to set standards. I'm here to make sure Gene has a good weekend. Rarely do the two coincide.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Frank, are you so stupid you confuse questions with crying or are you just looking for a reason to post your male erotica collection?

Thanks MK, you rock.

And I do confess that I am equally disturbed by HSK's post as Old Noob seems to be.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

shock and awwwww

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    shock value man. shock value. unless one of you really are wearing fish net stockings.
    Dude, you're the one who posted it. I don't think I would have even gone searching for it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He lives in SF, afterall. He probably sees worse than that on his way to get the paper.

Closed at page 983

17 more to go. That's what makes this so delicious.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sick

1000 pages and now its locked sounds l;ike what my 7 year old would do, and on a second note Why is MK a moderator any way a moderator should keep the peace , he doesnt. He inflames everyone , there for i want to post this formal complaint against him and his assinyne ways he should be fired or barred himself. What a Douche. I find it odd that this SD thread had so many posts and comments compared to all the others out there. It must be a popular one. Making decisions of this nature on a whim is not good business in my opinion, maybe that is what is happeniong in the US so we have a 90 trillion dollar deficit. Sux KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    1000 pages and now its locked sounds l;ike what my 7 year old would do, and on a second note Why is MK a moderator any way a moderator should keep the peace , he doesnt. He inflames everyone , there for i want to post this formal complaint against him and his assinyne ways he should be fired or barred himself. What a Douche. I find it odd that this SD thread had so many posts and comments compared to all the others out there. It must be a popular one. Making decisions of this nature on a whim is not good business in my opinion, maybe that is what is happeniong in the US so we have a 90 trillion dollar deficit. Sux KC

SD has 1000 posts for the same reason that Jersey Shore has more than one season.

Fake, contrived, bottom feeders.

If anything deserves an eye roll more than 'Snooki'...it's SD.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

either way

The SD thread drew more attention than all the others combined and one Dip got it closed how is that. ? Even though SD is "not real" it drew more interest on this forum and more posts than all the "real" kung fu's did ? interesting maybe that is why it was stpped. Jealousy. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !