View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1041 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 41541941991103110391040104110421043105110911141 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,615 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    ook , you are responding and you dont even know what you are responding to anymore. stupid
    u wear panties don't you?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    u wear panties don't you?
    and evidently Shaolin Do panties come pre-bunched...

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post

That was not Southern Mantis. Not even close.
    um, actually it is; Chow Ga is a distinct line, different from some lineages (e.g. - Jook Lum), but still clearly w/in the realm of Nam Tong Long

Blog Entries
    and evidently Shaolin Do panties come pre-bunched...
    man i spit out my drink on that one. fak now i have to clean my keyboard. dammmmm you hahhahhaha

tooooo **** funny

[QUOTE=Judge Pen;1193118][QUOTE=Crushing Step;1193103]That's "southern" mantis, which evolved completely separate from "northern" mantis, no relation at all, and I cannot really comment if it was good for southern mantis. Their interprettion of the mantis, I believe, is to use the hands in a whipping motion, possibly similar to the chun. I would ask a southern mantis practicioner for a better answer.

That was not Southern Mantis. Not even close.
    You do realize that I was commenting on this one right?

http://youtu.be/Rum8HfHYLRI

The one labelled "Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu (Chow Gar): Um Gen Sau Form"?

If that's not southern mantis I stand corrected.

marked-up so-called monk

"So, your mantis style never uses fingers to poke or to shape the forearm for mantis elbows and techniques?"
    Whenever i see these remarks about praying mantis using finger pokes with a dil sou(proper term) I know that individual just has no clue. Watch the late Brendan Lai and you may learn something.
    http://youtu.be/1M7M7rLxcYg
    The video http://youtu.be/Fqu9lfZ9aEg shows the same erroneous thoughts at 1.06 hr. They lack a basic understanding of Northern Mantis. Funny thing is that this form is the same pictured in the book authored by the late Wong Hon Fun,known as the Mantis King. I hope this is not more stealing?
    A better viewpoint would be http://youtu.be/SNY8q18bqZk
    I think Bawang got you pegged, martial art window shopper. get in get out at best, or just plain bluff & fluff. like HSK believes you to be.
    Sorry i got off main thread. The subject is the five animal which contains no mantis!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I agree with you about most of this and understand completely.

So, your mantis style never uses fingers to poke or to shape the forearm for mantis elbows and techniques?
    Using the hand to shape the form for elbows, yes. You can see this clearly in bung bo, the one "signature" form that exists in every family of northern mantis.

The finger used as a strike... I have seen it taught as a supposed pressure point strike, but it is still used in a claw-like fashion, flexing the hand closed one finger at a time starting with the pinky and ending with the index finger. This is the way we interpret the insect, the "claw" of the insect opens on "casting out", and closes as the forearm is recoiled in. So even if this hand position ever shows up in a form, it always will open and close upon contact with an imaginary opponent.

HSK you'll like this part. If someone were to learn a mantis form strictly from a book, you will never see the mantis hand "open". You would see the classic flexed forearm with the index finger protruding. If two or three of these were done in sequence (right hand, left hand, right hand again, etc) all you have is the "closed" mantis hand going back and forth. The actual play of the animal would be understood by anyone who practices mantis, such as if you switched from right to left, the hands would lash out like an open palm strike, and quickly recoil into the mantis hand. So seeing Sin The poke his hands back and forth like that looks exactly like you might expect from someone learning from a book.

Quote Originally Posted by buddajoe View Post
    "So, your mantis style never uses fingers to poke or to shape the forearm for mantis elbows and techniques?"
    Whenever i see these remarks about praying mantis using finger pokes with a dil sou(proper term) I know that individual just has no clue. Watch the late Brendan Lai and you may learn something.
    http://youtu.be/1M7M7rLxcYg
    The video http://youtu.be/Fqu9lfZ9aEg shows the same erroneous thoughts at 1.06 hr. They lack a basic understanding of Northern Mantis. Funny thing is that this form is the same pictured in the book authored by the late Wong Hon Fun,known as the Mantis King. I hope this is not more stealing?
    A better viewpoint would be http://youtu.be/SNY8q18bqZk
    I think Bawang got you pegged, martial art window shopper. get in get out at best, or just plain bluff & fluff. like HSK believes you to be.
    Sorry i got off main thread. The subject is the five animal which contains no mantis!
    I just asked a question.

I know how to use various mantis hand positions correctly.

I dont care what 5 or 6 low lifes, the keyboard martial artist of the internet think of me.

Blog Entries
    HSK you'll like this part. If someone were to learn a mantis form strictly from a book, you will never see the mantis hand "open". You would see the classic flexed forearm with the index finger protruding. If two or three of these were done in sequence (right hand, left hand, right hand again, etc) all you have is the "closed" mantis hand going back and forth. The actual play of the animal would be understood by anyone who practices mantis, such as if you switched from right to left, the hands would lash out like an open palm strike, and quickly recoil into the mantis hand. So seeing Sin The poke his hands back and forth like that looks exactly like you might expect from someone learning from a book.
    oops! nice job!

Blog Entries
    I dont care what 5 or 6 low lifes, the keyboard martial artist of the internet think of me.
    low lifes? really? you tampon stuffin sissy boy. most all of us very open bout our real identities. you hide behind yours and act like a big boy. but some of us have doubts.

what exactly do you mean by "keyboard martial artist(s)"? the implication is that, outside of the forum those "5 or 6 low lifes" have no capacity as MAists; that all we know how to do is weigh invective online via keyboards; is that what you are suggesting?

as far as what we think of you, we actually don't think anything of "you" at all - we don't know who you are, u r just a nameless, faceless profile on a forum; unlike Frank, myself and many others on here who post without the luxury of anonymity (meaning that, unlike you, we basically have to be ready to stand behind what we post), there is no "you" to think anything of; so you can drop the persecution complex, since as an anonymous poster, by definition, you don't even rate being "thought of" in the first place; you deride others as keyboard warriors, but the fact of the matter is that you post from a "safer" place than those u accuse of cowardice; so u r essentially denigrating others for what you yourself are even more guilty of;

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    low lifes? really? you tampon stuffin sissy boy. most all of us very open bout our real identities. you hide behind yours and act like a big boy. but some of us have doubts.
    not hiding anywhere. You want to know who I am ask. I will be more than happy to provide you with what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    what exactly do you mean by "keyboard martial artist(s)"? the implication is that, outside of the forum those "5 or 6 low lifes" have no capacity as MAists; that all we know how to do is weigh invective online via keyboards; is that what you are suggesting?

as far as what we think of you, we actually don't think anything of "you" at all - we don't know who you are, u r just a nameless, faceless profile on a forum; unlike Frank, myself and many others on here who post without the luxury of anonymity (meaning that, unlike you, we basically have to be ready to stand behind what we post), there is no "you" to think anything of; so you can drop the persecution complex, since as an anonymous poster, by definition, you don't even rate being "thought of" in the first place; you deride others as keyboard warriors, but the fact of the matter is that you post from a "safer" place than those u accuse of cowardice; so u r essentially denigrating others for what you yourself are even more guilty of;

wow , I think I am gonna cry, NoT! What a dumb@$$. you all think really high of yourselves, bullsh!t. Just sh!t talking @$$holes.

Do you guys even know what you're fighting about anymore?

wow , I think I am gonna cry, NoT!
    no, please, don't cry, it's not...OH, I see what you did there - you had me thinking you were really going to cry, and then at the last moment, you cleverly flipped it around; wow...

What a dumb@$$. you all think really high of yourselves,
    bullsh!t. Just sh!t talking @$$holes.
    the eloquence with which you profess yourself is truly beyond measure; please, continue to regale us with more of your witty rejoinders!

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    Do you guys even know what you're fighting about anymore?
    you assume that we knew in the first place?