Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rousey's Coach Does Wushu!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    the difference? you really don't see pure boxers and pure wrestlers anymore. and ones we have seen gated well. they admitted the need to cross train years ago. it's 20 years later and some cma guys still say ground work is in their style, they won't go to the ground, they can modify their techniques, etc. also cma tend to hate to acknowledge outside skill sets. cung le does san shou and wrestling.he's also done tkd. if you search this forum, you will find guys arguing that his wrestling isn't what he's using and that he's fighting with pure san shou. it's retarded.
    I'm not here to argue that there are no cma fucktard morons. Infact I find that class to be the majority. What I'm saying is, it can work and there are people out there who can make it work.

CMA is a pretty broad category.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I'm not here to argue that there are no cma fucktard morons. Infact I find that class to be the majority. What I'm saying is, it can work and there are people out there who can make it work.

CMA is a pretty broad category.
    where are they, fact is in the early UFCs and early MMA there were some kung fu guys fighting, just as there were karate and pure grapplers none did well and non have really come through since then and its been over 20 years its not like its a new fad or anything its been here for decades and tcma has still to produce a handful of uys that can compete

What exactly do you see in MMA that cannot be found in ... CMA?
    Groundfighting.

I added the ellipses because, well, anything can be adapted into anything.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Are we having this same argument again???

There's no pure anything in MMA. Saying that CMA isn't part of today's MMA is @ssinine. The original post starting this thread pretty much proves it with video. The guy's demonstrating Wushu and yes - he's Rousey's current head coach. She sought him out. He rejected her initially - and yes this is after Lebell, and Gokor... but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.

Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument when CMA is part of MMA? There's no vs - it's part of MMA just like Judo's part, boxing's part, BJJ is part, Thai Boxing's part - there's a lot of parts to MMA. Process that in your brains already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    where are they, fact is in the early UFCs and early MMA there were some kung fu guys fighting, just as there were karate and pure grapplers none did well and non have really come through since then and its been over 20 years its not like its a new fad or anything its been here for decades and tcma has still to produce a handful of uys that can compete
    It's not that NONE did well. Onassis Parungao (a forum member) won 2 fights as an alternate, I think.

But in the modern era, it's a silly arguement anyway. Combat sports work in sport combat. CMA is not, generally, a combat sport.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

And just to prove CMA doesn't corner the market on fuktards:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.
    I think it's pretty obvious why she picked him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHrdDHY7YM

it clearly has nothing to do w his wushu training...

Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument .
    "Look at this MMA coach who studied wushu!"

"Why are you all talking about wushu vs MMA?"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    "Look at this MMA coach who studied wushu!"

"Why are you all talking about wushu vs MMA?"
    exactly.
    ---

The shocking part was the Wushu BTW

exactly.
    ---

The shocking part was the Wushu BTW
    Not as shocking as this:

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    where are they
    There seems to be plenty of CMA based pro MMA fighters in the Asian promotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Are we having this same argument again???
    *points finger at syn7* he started it!

There's no pure anything in MMA. Saying that CMA isn't part of today's MMA is @ssinine. The original post starting this thread pretty much proves it with video. The guy's demonstrating Wushu and yes - he's Rousey's current head coach. She sought him out. He rejected her initially - and yes this is after Lebell, and Gokor... but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.

Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument when CMA is part of MMA? There's no vs - it's part of MMA just like Judo's part, boxing's part, BJJ is part, Thai Boxing's part - there's a lot of parts to MMA. Process that in your brains already.
    you speak the truth - but that's not what we're talking about.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    There seems to be plenty of CMA based pro MMA fighters in the Asian promotions.
    D'uh! There are lots of American professional soccer players in America, too. But how do they fare against international competition?

Not anymore. And a good cma practitioner could have done ok in the original ufc matches.
    why didn't it happen?

But most likely he'll bust his ass learning how to not get taken down, how to check kicks etc. CMA already has all that.
    what cma lacks is what has generally been its downfall.

1. lack of a ground grappling component

2. reluctance to train as one should for a combat sport.

people like rousey and le have gotten it right.

I'd like to see more sumo in mma.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    D'uh! There are lots of American professional soccer players in America, too. But how do they fare against international competition?
    I think the Asians will do as well as anyone. They're 20 years behind in the MMA game but it's growing big time in SE Asia. Give it some time to develop, the UFC has interest in the market. We'll be getting fighters from Asia on the international stage.

How many more successful U.S. soccer players would there be if there was as much interest in Pro soccer as football? When MMA matures in Asia they will be putting out champions too.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!