Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could do it all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I'll have a new student coming this weekend who is a BJJ and MMA guy with 11 years experience in Judo training. Since he is far from a beginner, I have to arrange his 3 hours private lesson a bit differently. Since he is a MMA guy and he is also a Judo guy, I'm not sure I should skip the gi-environment and go directly into no-gi environment.

I have just taught a guy with 15 years wrestling experience. Now I'm teaching a guy with 11 years Judo experience. It's an excellent opportunity for me to help people to integrate different grappling skill all together.
    Awesome, I'd love to try SJ. You guys have a lot of cool, tricky set ups that might actually play well to the new Judo competition rules.

I would have learned how to grapple years back

Im tempted to say i wouldnt have done those few months of shaolin doh back when i was a teen but it was fun beating up grown men who were black belts.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

i would have scrapped the first 10 years of my training in TCMA completly (i dont regret it but i honestly dont use any of that style anymore) and kept the kick boxing lol)

and when i found grappling and MMA a decade ago I wish i hadnt stopped my hakka, hung gar and CLF training and concentrated solely on MMA and grappling.... actually i say this BUT to be honest i couldnt have gotten to the level i did in grappling and clinch stuff without dedicating as much time to it as i did....

I would have started power lifting sooner as well lol

I would have focused more on balance
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I would have focused more on balance
    i would have started hot yoga sooner as well (for the chicks)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I should have committed more to mantis. I've always dabbled in it but as a peripheral study, mostly because I couldn't really identify with a bug. But it has stayed with me throughout my practice and I still suck at it.

I wish I could say I did invent KFM. No, wait, I take that back.

Actually, I wish I had stayed in the Yoga world. There's far more money in there. And the models are very bendy.
    ha, my wife is about to start teaching Yoga out of my school once she finishes her certification... i'm sure she'll be making more money than me

Nothing.

Everything is what it is. I'm ok with what I have and what I continue to do.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I didn't start taking MA's seriously till I was in my teens. I would start sooner. I wish I had started MA's at the same time I started gymnastics. Bout 3 or 4 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Nothing.

Everything is what it is. I'm ok with what I have and what I continue to do.
    Just in MA's or are you saying you have no regrets whatsoever? I call bull****. Everyone has regrets. Doesn't mean you can't be good by your choices. But we all have lil things that in retrospect could have been better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Everyone has regrets.
    We all wonder if we had married to another girls, our life whould have been happier.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

We all wonder if we had married to another girls, our life whould have been happier.
    Is that a regret tho? Maybe for you. I hope not for the sake of your wife. A regret would be you believe your life would have been better married to another. Wondering is just wondering.

*fist bump*
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Just in MA's or are you saying you have no regrets whatsoever? I call bull****. Everyone has regrets. Doesn't mean you can't be good by your choices. But we all have lil things that in retrospect could have been better.
    Dude...wtf?

This was the OP I was responding to.
    If you could do it all over again...
    If you could hit a reset button and start your training all over, what would you change?
    why the platitudes? Jeez.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Is that a regret tho? Maybe for you. I hope not for the sake of your wife. A regret would be you believe your life would have been better married to another. Wondering is just wondering.
    My wife is the most pretty girl that I have ever met in my life time. No regret for me and that's for sure. Since she is also a TKD black belt, when she side kicks at my face, I believe my other grilfriend won't kick this hard. When I get her into a head lock, she wishes her husband is not me.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Dude...wtf?

This was the OP I was responding to.

why the platitudes? Jeez.

So there is not one single thing you would change about your training? Nothing?