Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you have .......

Nobody cares about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When I left the Judo forum, I left quietly without anybody's notice. When someone made the following statement:

"You are not even a Judoka. Nobody cares about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?"

I just don't have enough thick skin to hang around in that forum after that. I would never forget that unfriendly comment for the rest of my life.
    Ah, let that go, YouKnowWho. Obviously he cared enough to make the comment. Once it gets to that level, the riposte must degenerate to silliness, something akin to "I know you are, but what am I?"

I need to form my own association, one that I can be head of, one where nacho ninjettes would have to travel the world to train under me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I need to form my own association, one that I can be head of, one where nacho ninjettes would have to travel the world to train under me.
    Who's stoppin ya? Power to the nacho peoples! Make that happen. I'll be the first to follow your G+ page.

What's stopping me...

My time is consumed with maintaining our publications. Plus I have a regular life and a martial practice to keep up. But maybe someday. And no offense, Syn7, but you aren't quite the nacho ninjette I would be looking for...

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I take inspiration from Lucas and his post here, my new mission is to be a man's man of the KF forums

Lead by example and demonstrate manly Kung Fu.

And nice clarification from Gene on forum etiquette.

Its like in Bloodsport - two ways to go out, blow the farker off the run way or knock-out.

Forum equivalent - legal action or plain silliness.

Gene Ching wrote:

Well, the first step is just to be good practitioners
    There is a code of martial etiquette, a code that is seldom observed here. That was put in place by our ancestors for a reason. It wasn't to protect girly cry babies. Those should have been weeded out long ago. It was to keep us from killing each other when we came face-to-face. Now, we seldom come face-to-face and any girly cry baby can log on, so the game has changed.

The earnest martial artist still upholds etiquette. Even in days of old, genuine practitioners withstood assaults on their honor and held to their code until it was time to draw their swords. Here on that forum, I like to think this still stands. The tricky thing is the realization that an opponent probably isn't at sword's length, so to draw it here is tantamount to standing on a hill miles away and brandishing. That's just bad strategy. Pick your fights, but choose them well. We are all watching.
    Fully agree!

Gethin wrote:

Sounds good to me, are you up for it Ron ?
    Fully agree! Actually David I respect you as your one of the few that will actually put up and identify yourself thus making where your coming from in your views that more real other than the usual "Web Warrior, chase them down, comment on anything they write and try to hound them to death whilst not actually contributing to the actual discussion" modus operandi of so many others.

We have not seen eye to eye in the past. My bad. I stuffed up on more than a few occassions which I readily admit. But tomorrow is a new day with new challenges and new experiences and I'm all for moving on to tommorrow!
    Last edited by Minghequan; 09-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Blacktiger, Hualong,

I have taken the discussion direct to each of you via PM.

I believe this is in keeping with the proper etiquette one would see in most Chinese and or other martial Arts schools:

Gene Ching wrote-

There is a code of martial etiquette, a code that is seldom observed here. That was put in place by our ancestors for a reason. It wasn't to protect girly cry babies. Those should have been weeded out long ago. It was to keep us from killing each other when we came face-to-face. Now, we seldom come face-to-face and any girly cry baby can log on, so the game has changed.

The earnest martial artist still upholds etiquette. Even in days of old, genuine practitioners withstood assaults on their honor and held to their code until it was time to draw their swords. Here on that forum, I like to think this still stands. The tricky thing is the realization that an opponent probably isn't at sword's length, so to draw it here is tantamount to standing on a hill miles away and brandishing. That's just bad strategy. Pick your fights, but choose them well. We are all watching.
    Please check you Pm's and offer a reply if you wish via same or direct email to me at:

shifu@whitecranegongfu.info

Thank you all for your time, patience and consideration.
    Last edited by Minghequan; 09-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Hi Ron,

Appreciate what you are trying to do here, if it is genuine. So will take it on face value.

You have asked me to refer to the PM's that you sent - from 1 to 7 in explanation.

And your asking me to reply via PM or direct email.

The key here - given the errors of judgement you have made is transparency.

If you have explanations for your actions in the past or apologies etc - it needs to be put out in the open for all to see - then no one can question that you have not gone the whole nine yards.

There is then nothing to hide
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 09-05-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Blacktiger,

Thank you for your response.

I especially like the spirit in which it is intended. Thank you ....

As you know I have given you an explanation via PM of the events and or issues you and others have raised elsewhere.

I will (in another thread) make this same explanation public as per your very good suggestion.

I know there will be some who will see this as a means to launch further attacks and I get this. others will join in on the bandwagon as per the usual internat Pack-Dog mentality.

I will not however, engage such people as they will believe what they wish to no matter what I do or say. This is human nature.

I think Gene's excellent post (see below) is the right way to go:

Gene Ching wrote-

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Ron if your public explanation and apology honestly addresses the issues/events in question raised here, and on many other forums over the years.

It will be your best move in years, tough but the right thing to do... and on the path to earning peoples trust and respect back.

If people are going to bag you for that then, I think you will find more people in your corner.

Okay and thanks.

I'kll soon go ahead and post that which I sent to you privately and take it from there (most likely I'll take it on the chin a few times! )

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

My time is consumed with maintaining our publications. Plus I have a regular life and a martial practice to keep up. But maybe someday. And no offense, Syn7, but you aren't quite the nacho ninjette I would be looking for...

Whoa whoa whoa! I said I would follow it on G+, not join up.

While I'm sure I'm sexy as hell when draped in cheese, I'd have a hard time with the ninjette part. But if you did have a bunch of nacho ninjettes, you know I would check the pics!

What the **** is going on here?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Now, we seldom come face-to-face and any girly cry baby can log on, so the game has changed.
    That would be an awesome first line in a gong-sau challenge. brb ...

Talking

lots of drugs