Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new donnie yen flick-14 blades

new donnie yen flick-14 blades

ok its now time to start a donnie yen thread cause the guy is coming out with tons of films:

-- 14 Blades --

14 Blades (Imperial Guards), directed by Daniel Lee and stars Donnie Yen and Vicki Zhao, is expected to begin production in Hengdian in a month or two.

During the Ming Dynasty, the Emperor of China possessed one weapon greater than all others, the Imperial Guards, an elite force of assassins recruited from street orphans. Trained in clandestine combat from childhood, the Imperial Guards were masters of the 14 Blades, eight being for torture, five for killing, and the last blade being reserved for suicide when a mission failed. Above the law, with a license to kill, the Imperial Guards devoted their lives and lethal prowess to the service of the Emperor alone.

When the Imperial Court is taken over by evil eunuch Jia, the best of the Imperial Guards, Green Dragon and Xuanwu, are assigned to steal a list identifying those still loyal to the Emperor. However unbeknownst to Green Dragon, the Imperial Guards have fallen under the control of Jia, and during the mission Green Dragon is betrayed by Xuanwu and barely escapes with his life. Now as the most wanted man in the land Green Dragon must seek out and rally the loyalists to rise against Jia and restore the Emperor to power. In his way are the deadliest assassins in the land, his former brethren, the Imperial Guards.

Donnie Yen will play Green Dragon, while Vicki Zhao someone the former runs into while he is on the run. Twitch

as for this one......i gotta say i like donnie in more modern action pieces, with ofcourse yip man as an exception, however if this has some really great action scenes, and not wire filled garbage this could be great. story sound generic but that could be a good thing.

I hope it's good, but I don't like Daniel Lee being involved.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Awesome! Another Donnie Yen movie I can't wait! Sounds a little similar to some flicks in the past but hey its all good...

Quote Originally Posted by Tensei85 View Post
    Awesome! Another Donnie Yen movie I can't wait! Sounds a little similar to some flicks in the past but hey its all good...
    like i said the story is generic

Production begins

I've probably mentioned I'm a Vicky Zhao fan too. Who can resist those big watery eyes?
    Production for martial arts movie '14 Blades' begins
    Posted: 15 May 2009 0038 hrs

SINGAPORE: Production will officially begin for '14 Blades', a Ming-era martial arts movie directed by Hong Kong filmmaker, Daniel Lee.

Starring Donnie Yen and Vicki Zhao, it will be MediaCorp Raintree Pictures' second co-production in China. Raintree is the biggest overseas investor in the period action drama said to be Asia's answer to Bourne Identity.

'14 Blades' tells the epic story of a secret agent in ancient China during the Ming dynasty.

Weaving in themes of loyalty, chivalry and brotherhood, '14 Blades' is expected to showcase a dazzling mix of martial arts and espionage set against soul-stirring and majestic scenes.

Producer Daniel Lee said: "What is important is for the movie to have a contemporary feel. It should not feel like martial arts movies produced in the 1970s. If so, it will not be watchable. It should not resemble Hu Jinquan's movies. It will be contemporary in aesthetics, martial arts, treatment of the script, and outlook towards life."

Donnie Yen said: "I was very excited when the producer told me that he will project to the audience a martial arts world that has otherwise not been seen."

"During the process of casting, all my clothes, my image were totally different from my earlier image as projected in my earlier period movies. This gives me a brand new feeling," said Vicki Zhao.

'14 Blades' will be shot in Hengdian in Ningxia province. Production will begin this Sunday and will last till mid-August.

Raintree's first production in China was Painted Skin, which was based upon Liao Zhai, an ancient supernatural Chinese classic. - CNA/vm
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've probably mentioned I'm a Vicky Zhao fan too. Who can resist those big watery eyes?
    come on gene , who isnt a vicky zhao fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

What is important is for the movie to have a contemporary feel. It should not feel like martial arts movies produced in the 1970s. If so, it will not be watchable.
    did this moron really say that??? is he trying to say the the old shaw brothers and golden harvest films are "unwatchable" is he ****ing kidding me. every film he has ever made is ****ing unwatchable. see this why hate daniel lee, cant direct his way out of a paper bag and should keep his mouth shut. even with donnie yen. this story has been done and done again and again, its nothing new and its definitley not an answer to the bourne identity.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    did this moron really say that??? is he trying to say the the old shaw brothers and golden harvest films are "unwatchable" is he ****ing kidding me. every film he has ever made is ****ing unwatchable. see this why hate daniel lee, cant direct his way out of a paper bag and should keep his mouth shut. even with donnie yen. this story has been done and done again and again, its nothing new and its definitley not an answer to the bourne identity.
    old shaw brother movies are awesome. well not all of them, but a good portion are.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

You are so right, SLL

I guess even Donnie is crushing on her...

Donnie Yen Longs for Romance in New Film
    2009-05-15 16:42:29 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Donnie Yen says his new film "14 Blades" will compensate for his unrequited love for Zhao Wei in a previous film.

"Let me embrace 'love' this time," the Hong Kong action star said Thursday at a press conference in Beijing, where director Daniel Lee announced the start of filming.

In the martial-arts film, Yen plays a Ming Dynasty secret agent, who goes through adventures alongside his lover, played by mainland actress Zhao Wei.

Yen and Zhao collaborated in Gordon Chan's 2008 thriller "Painted Skin", in which Yen's character is in love with Zhao's, but the latter is married to another man.

"There were regrets last time around... Let me enjoy a good 'romance' this time," Yen joked.

"14 Blades" also features Brunei-born Chinese singer-actor Wu Chun.

The film is scheduled for release during the New Year season.
    ...and we all love the classic Shaw Bro flicks. But I confess, it's an acquired taste. If you're not into martial arts, it's like watching westerns and not being into gunplay.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

steamy sex scene with donnie yen would be worth admission alone

as long as we see more b00bies then donny.

that would be hot....donnie could go after tony luengs spot. dude has a sex scene in every film he has been in in the last 6 years or so. still cant get the image of his hairy balls out my head from lust caution.

I've seen one Daniel Lee film that I know of, but if anything is unwatchable, it's his stu-pid film. I already swore never to mention the title again on this forum, only that it's Dragon Dynasty release # 19. One of the absolute worst-directed movies I've seen of any genre. I can't say this upcoming film will suk, but I probably won't find out; I felt like I got burned after buying DD19. You know, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me..." etc.

Before Daniel Lee criticizes '70s classics, maybe he should really learn to direct movies himself.

my sentiments exactly.....and that film that you swore never to mention ill do it for you...it was dragon squad and it was dragon sh!t...as for as im concerned

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I much prefer the Mo Hop Peen fliks to the modern types. Heaven Sword and Dragon Blade is one of my faves. I am looking foward to seeing more recent Mo Hop Peen , and Yen might make this one come alive. Let's hope.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

The best Daniel Lee movie I've seen is Black Mask. Probably the only reason it has any good action is because Woo Ping and the other ADs wouldn't allow Lee to have complete control over the action. The Daniel Lee movies I've seen are A Fighter's Blues, Black Mask, Star Runner and Dragon Heater. All have bad to average action, and all are bad movies, except for Black Mask which is decent.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."