Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts or Saints?

Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad

Interesting story, a group wants to pay a gazillions dollars to have Tim Tebow appear on a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl in a religious pro life commercial.

Some groups are really upset about this however I say "Knock yourselves out! Buy up all the Super Bowl ads'!" I can't think of any better use of the money they have than to drain it in one night.

However if they claim they should get it for free because it's a PSA then I have a big problem with it. They should pay the going rate for 30 seconds during the Super Bowl.

I also have a problem if a large corporation is paying for it. The Supreme Court decision will have a large impact on things like this. Nothing is stopping a conservative company from spending millions on TV on any political issue they like.

Man, if you're gonna live in a free country, then you cannot expect everyone to shut up and stick to one way of thinking.

That is a dictatorship in a totalitarian modality.

Let these people speak all they like and get their points across and do what they will with themselves so long as it brings no harm to another.

Having said that, the Superbowl is not an appropriate venue for public service announcements and I agree they should pay for the time like anyone else and frankly, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, so long as it's paid, follows rule of law and brings no harm.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I also have a problem if a large corporation is paying for it. The Supreme Court decision will have a large impact on things like this. Nothing is stopping a conservative company from spending millions on TV on any political issue they like.
    Good thing it will. The actually read the Constitution. Of course you liberals hate that pesky Bill of Rights.

Hey, maybe you should go to Venezuela. Hugo Chavez just shut down another TV station that dared criticize him.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Man, if you're gonna live in a free country, then you cannot expect everyone to shut up and stick to one way of thinking.

That is a dictatorship in a totalitarian modality.

Let these people speak all they like and get their points across and do what they will with themselves so long as it brings no harm to another.
    Liberals love free speech when a wife-beating plagiarist like Ward Churchill has the floor. But when someone criticises a liberal, it's time for them to pass new laws restricting free speech. Just more hypocracy from them. It's par for the course.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Good thing it will. The actually read the Constitution. Of course you liberals hate that pesky Bill of Rights.

Hey, maybe you should go to Venezuela. Hugo Chavez just shut down another TV station that dared criticize him.
    BD doesn't want power anyway, so it doesn't really matter what he wants. Don't forget, his party doesn't want responsibility. They just want to complain when tough choices have to made.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Can any of you people read? Where did I say I did not want to see this on TV? As far as I'm concerned Tebow can get on there and do his teabagger talk throughout the Super Bowl.

However you people see absolutely no problem with one of the big mortgage houses going to massive multi-million dollar ad campaign to sway public opinion and politicians?

The freedom of speech is not without limits. Of course if I have money I can hire celebrities, sports figures, etc and use them to sway public opinion. As Citizen Kane said, "They think what I tell them to think".

If you teabaggers want to be slaves to the big corporations just because they agree with many of your stands then remember they are going to want something in return.

Liberals love free speech when a wife-beating plagiarist like Ward Churchill has the floor.
    I'm still waiting to see the arrest warrent on that...or even the visit from the police concerning domestic violence. Ward has never used physical violence against any woman. But hey continue to use that. Those of us who know just laugh at stuff like that.

By the by who criticized a liberal? It's my understanding that this commercial was some sort of pro life rant and not directed at any one person or group.

Drake, it looks 'Change' has indeed happened in BD's case.

It used to be "Neo". Now it's "Teabagger".

I'm still waiting to see the arrest warrent on that...or even the visit from the police concerning domestic violence.
    A judge issued a restraining order against him at the behest of one of his wives.

Notice I never said he was arrested for it, or had a warrant issued. You made that up.

A judge issued a restraining order against him at the behest of one of his wives.

Notice I never said he was arrested for it, or had a warrant issued. You made that up.

Okay then, Hospital records? Any calls to any abuse hot lines? Any statements from relatives, friends, neighbors...anybody that Ward beat his wife?

Give a little proof to back up what you say.

Do you know anything about going through a divorce? Many lawyers will advise you to get a restaining order against your spouse. If nothing else it gives you leverage in a division of assets settlement.

That divorce has been over for many years. Ward remains friends with his former wife and remarried and has been happily married for years.

Also, when did this supposed episode of wife beating take place? Did he use his fists? Baseball bat? What?

Anyway to be honest I don't know why they divorced but seems like a lot of people do these days. However I think it's a pretty safe bet he didn't get divorced because he couldn't perform in the bedroom.......You know like someone who's on the radio and has been married three times.

Give a little proof to back up what you say.
    A restraining order issued by a judge is proof enough for any rational person.

And you really are looking like a fool demanding others provide proof that meets with YOUR standards when you refuse to ever provide a shred of proof at all when you are asked to.

Do you know anything about going through a divorce? Many lawyers will advise you to get a restaining order against your spouse. If nothing else it gives you leverage in a division of assets settlement.

That divorce has been over for many years. Ward remains friends with his former wife and remarried and has been happily married for years.
    I've been through one, and I've had a few friends go through them as well. Not one restraining order was ever issued in any of them. And fyi, getting a restraining order just to get leverage in a divorce is abuse of the court system.

Do you have proof they are still friends? Stuff like recent pictures of them together, phone records, etc. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

BD, one quick question.

Who said this:

"I broke and slammed [my wife] back against our bedroom wall, telling her that if she kept it up, she’d be apt to land in a hospital."

A restraining order issued by a judge is proof enough for any rational person.
    Restraining order for what? In many divorces emotions run high and many spouses, justified or unjustified, fear their spouse. If someone ask for a restaining order in a divorce a judge is going to grant it 99.99% of the time.

Still you're the one who said he was beating his wife. You have nothing to back that up other than his wife took out a restaining order during a divorce. At least tell me when it happened and what he beat her with. Considering you are accusing a man of a vile crime I don't think it's too much to ask where you are getting your "Facts".

I noticed you skirted the issue about your radio buddy. Well at least with him we don't have to worry about a David Letterman type scandal!

BD, one quick question.

Who said this:

"I broke and slammed [my wife] back against our bedroom wall, telling her that if she kept it up, she’d be apt to land in a hospital."
    He broke his wife? What the hell does that mean?

Sounds to me like a good old fashion fight going both ways. Sometimes liberals have those. In any case I'm not going to let anyone attack me. If my wife is beating me I'm not going to stand there and take it. Some men do but not any liberals that I know.