Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sifu Wang Zhi Peng Wooden Dummy Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    But what WZP mentions in that short video is very much in-line with LTWT.
    LOl, there is literally nobody in LTWT that is anywhere close to WZP. Clips of his wing chun movement are very WSL, regardless of what he does in teaching demos or the explanations he uses. WZP is a very good wing chun practitioner. LTWT is a very weak wing chun system

I really enjoyed watching this video, thanks for posting. The dummy drills to help train the techniques you see @4:24ish and earlier, really work IMO. That said I am biased, I love leg techniques.

I agree. But if you met him and you asked him about redirecting and borrowing force, and asked him did he learn this from his WSL lineage teacher, and did he in turn learn it from WSL, and he said "Yes, of course", would you consider him to be:

a) A liar
    b) Someone confused on these points
    c) Someone who learned something which, simply, perhaps you/your teacher did not
    This is a false trilemma since there are other possibilities but closest to the truth is probably A

If you asked him he would probably even say the judo in this clip came from WSL
    Last edited by guy b.; 08-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    What's scary is the way your mind blocks out information.

To qoute WZP while showing his palm pushing on his partners throat/lower jaw: "It's not pushing. You should always PRACTICE your strength." relating it, by example, to you should instead be releasing power into the partner. He gives an example of what PB did 20 some odd times in that 1:37 clip. "It's not pushing him. What if he comes toward me and I cannot push him away?"

Really , you think I have to smash my palm heel into your jaw to prove my ability each time ; )

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Really , you think I have to smash my palm heel into your jaw to prove my ability each time ; )
    No, you can "see" when someone is delivering actual power in chi sao or sparring regardless Kevin.

Once again, this back and forth started because I said 'I like that WZP said don't push like 'this' in "practice", focus on releasing your power instead'. That's it. It was a refreshing statement from a line that seems to overuse pushing. The insecure PB crowd had to respond to that statement, as expected, and now, here we are...

No, you can "see" when someone is delivering actual power in chi sao or sparring regardless Kevin.

Once again, this back and forth started because I said 'I like that WZP said don't push like 'this' in "practice", focus on releasing your power instead'. That's it. It was a refreshing statement from a line that seems to overuse pushing. The insecure PB crowd had to respond to that statement, as expected, and now, here we are...
    Again, you prove you're clueless. Lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    LOl, there is literally nobody in LTWT that is anywhere close to WZP.
    WZP looks good to me, but sorry guy b., I had no idea you'd met and trained with my Sifu, Maday Norbert here in Central Europe. When did you meet him, to form this judgement?

Clips of his wing chun movement are very WSL, regardless of what he does in teaching demos or the explanations he uses.
    Yes, WZP's movement looks very WSL-orientated. So you're saying he is good and his VT looks like WSL lineage... but that he talks bullish*t?

WZP is a very good wing chun practitioner.
    Yes, he looks good to me.

LTWT is a very weak wing chun system
    Okay. So who did you learn from, again?
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

WZP looks good to me, but sorry guy b., I had no idea you'd met and trained with my Sifu, Maday Norbert here in Central Europe. When did you meet him, to form this judgement?

Yes, WZP's movement looks very WSL-orientated. So you're saying he is good and his VT looks like WSL lineage... but that he talks bullish*t?

Yes, he looks good to me.

Okay. So who did you learn from, again?
    To go along with BPWT here, you lot (PB boys) cant have it both ways.

ALL of you have commented how much you like his previous clips, that includes you G, yet when he pits up a clip explaining what/why/how he does what he does you start questioning his knowledge and how much he "really" learnt of the WSL way.

FWIW, his explanation is sound to me and actually deals with some of the issues you guys wont or cant answer....

Like how to deal with those pesky arms hey Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    To go along with BPWT here, you lot (PB boys) cant have it both ways.

ALL of you have commented how much you like his previous clips, that includes you G, yet when he pits up a clip explaining what/why/how he does what he does you start questioning his knowledge and how much he "really" learnt of the WSL way.
    I'm not a PB student. I like WZP's wing chun a lot and I'm don't really understand the feud between some forum members and the PB students. FWIW, I think his point about pushing is being overblown. He is saying understand the use of the palm and that it isn't a good idea to rely on pushing or to think that the palm is generally a push. He means in fighting. In drilling or light contact sparring you make light contact with the palm for obvious reasons and sometimes push through to show you are in the correct position. There is also actual pushing, but he isn't talking about that.

His point about judo throws in wing chun? lol

I'm not a PB student. I like WZP's wing chun a lot and I'm don't really understand the feud between some forum members and the PB students. FWIW, I think his point about pushing is being overblown. He is saying understand the use of the palm and that it isn't a good idea to rely on pushing or to think that the palm is generally a push. He means in fighting. In drilling or light contact sparring you make light contact with the palm for obvious reasons and sometimes push through to show you are in the correct position. There is also actual pushing, but he isn't talking about that.

I swear. It's amazing how dense people are. To QUOTE again.

WZP while showing his palm pushing on his partners throat/lower jaw: "It's not pushing. You should always PRACTICE your strength." relating it, by then showing an example, to you should instead be releasing power into the partner. He gives an example of what PB did 20 some odd times in that 1:37 clip, by example, to show what not to do. "It's not pushing him. What if he comes toward me and I cannot push him away?"
    Last edited by WC1277; 08-06-2013 at 04:09 PM.

I'm not a PB student.
    Guy, there's nothing posted in your profile. Whose WC/VT do you study?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

I swear. It's amazing how dense people are. To QUOTE again.

WZP while showing his palm pushing on his partners throat/lower jaw: "It's not pushing. You should always PRACTICE your strength." relating it, by then showing an example, to you should instead be releasing power into the partner. He gives an example of what PB did 20 some odd times in that 1:37 clip, by example, to show what not to do. "It's not pushing him. What if he comes toward me and I cannot push him away?"
    The problem is you don't understand the words that are coming out of his mouth.

He's talking about fighting application. What he says about practice is that "it's good to train your hardness and strength" referring to palm and wrist training so that when you apply your palm strikes you can "severely injure the opponent".

Now, in practice we may push to not break our training partner's jaw or ribs, but he's reminding us to train wrist strength so we don't get hurt and to prefer striking in actual combat to "badly hurt the opponent".

Would you prefer PB broke his student's jaw and shattered his ribs? I'm sure WZP doesn't do that to his.

I'm not a PB student. I like WZP's wing chun a lot and I'm don't really understand the feud between some forum members and the PB students.
    Seems pretty obvious why there's a feud, some of the PB boys bag anything non-pbvt and the other guys bite back.

FWIW, I think his point about pushing is being overblown. He is saying understand the use of the palm and that it isn't a good idea to rely on pushing or to think that the palm is generally a push. He means in fighting. In drilling or light contact sparring you make light contact with the palm for obvious reasons and sometimes push through to show you are in the correct position. There is also actual pushing, but he isn't talking about that.
    I dont have a problem with the push thing, seems to me if you get yourself in a position where you can give the guy a solid push at about 3/4 arm extension, then you could certainly turn that into a punch.

It shows youve got the superior position which is a major component of WC IMO.

Ill be honest, i didnt get far enough into it to hear that

...........going around in circles not getting anywhere again?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    ...........going around in circles not getting anywhere again?
    Haha, it has since 2005!