Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone know the backstory to this clip?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is not true. Some style such as the XingYi system doesn't even have the horizontal punch. Their Beng Chuan, Pao Chuan, and Hen Chuan are all vertical fist. In the longfist system, after you have passed the beginner training stage, all horizontal punches will be changed into vertical punch.
    Plus, Hapkido, Isshinryu, boxing in Burma, Kali and Silat also make use of a vertical fist. So not a method exclusive to Wing Chun.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No.
    Seriously I am blown away that this crap that has been discussed ad nauseum is still being rehashed over and over.
    Please describe utilising the wing chun power chain with a horizontal fist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    some people have an idea wing chun should look a certain way and that certain way is how they practice and anyone not doing it their way is wrong.
    This just doesn't happen in the discussion of other systems. I have not heard any Judo guy said that his way is right and all other ways are wrong.

Why do you think this only happen in the WC discussion?
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This just doesn't happen in the discussion of other systems. I have not heard any Judo guy said that his way is right and all other ways are wrong.

Why do you think this only happen in the WC discussion?
    You would probably find judo guys saying this is people in judo regularly did something in judo comps that was not judo. Most of them just stick to judo however

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    You would probably find judo guys saying this is people in judo regularly did something in judo comps that was not judo. Most of them just stick to judo however
    These judo guys must hang out with the still unidentified BJJ black belts who accuse Eduardo Telles of heresy.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    These judo guys must hang out with the still unidentified BJJ black belts who accuse Eduardo Telles of heresy.
    Tell it to that coward Wayfaring