Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman slammed for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    who doesnt?
    communists, bleeding hearts, like minded lazy buggers and their ilk.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

cute family... careful when you feed them... use ur palms and keep your fingers away from their teeth...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    communists, bleeding hearts, like minded lazy buggers and their ilk.
    for me its like the "its better that 50 guilty men go free than one inoscent man go down" argument...

sure, lots of abortions are had by irresponsible women... but we dont want them procreating anyways...

im all for education... but i still think if a woman wants to terminate a pregnancy she should have that choice... without conditions... honestly, a life isnt a life until it lives... and a heartbeat isnt "living"... its simply being alive... do you know what i mean?

and you can call me cold if you want, but i also feel that if somebody is ill and a burden and cannot function alone, ever, the parents should have the option of putting them down... morals are just man made constructs anyways... they only matter when enough of us agree on them... there is no such thing as good and evil... we just made that sh1t up...
    I believe that all life is sacred, I didn't always believe that, but I do now.
    BUT I would never force my POV on anyone.
    That said, I would worry about any pregnant woman that didn't have issues or second thoughts about terminating a pregnancy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I believe that all life is sacred, I didn't always believe that, but I do now.
    BUT I would never force my POV on anyone.
    That said, I would worry about any pregnant woman that didn't have issues or second thoughts about terminating a pregnancy.
    Are you a vegetarian? lol

I think there is a need to understand that a woman's body is hers, not anyone else's and if she want's to abort then that is her prerogative and under the law it's ok in the first 12 weeks.

I don't agree with late term abortions because there are a lot of indicators that consciousness is happening after the first 90 days. For one thing Babies born premature can still develop outside the womb and are susceptible to all the pains and influx of sights and sounds that we are.

It is said that at about 24 weeks (6 months), sentience is begin to happen and all the neurophysiology is in place for it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Are you a vegetarian? lol
    I said sacred, not unkillable.
    Killing to eat and survive is not taking away the sacredness of life.

I think there is a need to understand that a woman's body is hers, not anyone else's and if she want's to abort then that is her prerogative and under the law it's ok in the first 12 weeks.
    I have never been a fan of munbers, they can change to quickly b efore we know it.
    That said I agree, it is the woman's choice.

I don't agree with late term abortions because there are a lot of indicators that consciousness is happening after the first 90 days. For one thing Babies born premature can still develop outside the womb and are susceptible to all the pains and influx of sights and sounds that we are.

It is said that at about 24 weeks (6 months), sentience is begin to happen and all the neurophysiology is in place for it.
    Again, numbers...

yeah but if a life doesnt have that cognitive ability to understand what its losing, is it really a loss??? even if you put down a newborn, its not like they would feel it or have any sense of loss... no pain, no suffering... one could even argue that it would prevent pain no matter what, life is painful sometimes... as far as life being sacred, i dont think that way... our attachments may appear sacred... life is special because its special to someone... if there isnt anyone for that life to be special to, then its not special... i guess the fundamental difference is that you believe all man is made in gods image and is perfect(an assumption) and i dont... i look at it as a random thing left to chance... nothing sacred about it to me... i respect it, but thats it...
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-09-2011 at 02:36 PM.

yeah but if a life doesnt have that cognitive ability to understand what its losing, is it really a loss??? even if you put down a newborn, its not like they would feel it or have any sense of loss... no pain, no suffering... one could even argue that it would prevent pain no matter what, life is painful sometimes... as far as life being sacred, i dont think that way... our attachments may appear sacred... life is special because its special to someone... if there isnt anyone for that life to be special to, then its not special... i guess the fundamental difference is that you believe all man is made in gods image and is perfect(an assumption) and i dont... i look at it as a random thing left to chance... nothing sacred about it to me... i respect it, but thats it...
    I would think that as a society we are far more enlightened then that, no?
    Life being sacred to me has a great deal to do with my religious beliefs, I freely admit that.
    That said, as a former sniper for the canadian army that saw active duty in Bosnia, I do understand that at times, because of the world we live in, we may have no choice but to take a life.
    And that is the issue though, CHOICE.
    If one has the choice to NOT take a life and one still does, what does that make us?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I would think that as a society we are far more enlightened then that, no?
    Life being sacred to me has a great deal to do with my religious beliefs, I freely admit that.
    That said, as a former sniper for the canadian army that saw active duty in Bosnia, I do understand that at times, because of the world we live in, we may have no choice but to take a life.
    And that is the issue though, CHOICE.
    If one has the choice to NOT take a life and one still does, what does that make us?
    To be fair, you enlisted, you volunteered and you became a sniper who may or may not have taken life.

You chose to be that and to do that.

so, your question is to yourself?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    To be fair, you enlisted, you volunteered and you became a sniper who may or may not have taken life.

You chose to be that and to do that.

so, your question is to yourself?
    It was a question in general, not direct at me in specific.
    I have made my peace with what I was and what I did and I am aware that I will have to answer for it, that is the burden that I must carry.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

hey if your faith leads you to feel that all life is sacred, thats cool... i dont grudge you that at all... i just insist that your values arent forced on me or mine... especially when it comes to freedom of decision...

same with the gay thing... if christians dont like gay, then fine... stop paying so much attention to em and let it be... what they do on their own time as consenting adults is nobody elses biz... and if they wanna union of sorts, who is anyone else to say they cant do that... stop being what you are... to me, that is no difference than racism...

because youre black you cant come in here or you have to use the "N" door. = because your gay you cant be married or you can only have a "civil union"... to me its all the same sh1t... intolerance for things that dont matter... how does an abortion hurt anyone other than those directly involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Who has three kids?
    oops i meant to say 'so what if' ... sometimes i rush to post cuz im one of those evil bastiches that does this at work haha
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i watched johnny dangerously yesterday... farging bastaches...

sweet movie... classic sh1t...

hey if your faith leads you to feel that all life is sacred, thats cool... i dont grudge you that at all... i just insist that your values arent forced on me or mine... especially when it comes to freedom of decision...

same with the gay thing... if christians dont like gay, then fine... stop paying so much attention to em and let it be... what they do on their own time as consenting adults is nobody elses biz... and if they wanna union of sorts, who is anyone else to say they cant do that... stop being what you are... to me, that is no difference than racism...

because youre black you cant come in here or you have to use the "N" door. = because your gay you cant be married or you can only have a "civil union"... to me its all the same sh1t... intolerance for things that dont matter... how does an abortion hurt anyone other than those directly involved?
    No one faith should be forced on anyone else.
    Though we do tend to force morals and ethics via rules and laws.
    What two consenting adults do is their business as long as laws are not broken and no one is hurt.
    As for the abortion thing, you ask how abortion hurts anyone other than those involved and I am not sure what your point is?
    Most crimes,. including murder, only hurt those directly involved.

murder hurts the victim too... my point is that i dont consider the fetus a victim...