Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
Tan is not a technique, it is a training methodology

There is no application of anything in chi sau as in fighting, therefore no applications are trained. Rather particular attributes are trained.
I wonder if you guys practice "Empty Chi"
Seems like getting any real answers is impossible, like trying to grasp mist.

So you guys train "attributes" but you utilize the same shapes as others doing WC but you do it in some totally different way.
Of course this should make all of your guys awesome and unbeatable...................I am waiting to see where all of your fighters are

Your group makes attacks and derides TWC, which I do not train, yet who do you point to that stands tall and represents your approach in combat?
In TWC I would ask have any of your guys ever sparred with Rick Spain or any of his students?
Anyone ever crossed hands with Emin?

When one does not know something or is unable to explain it then it can lead others to question whether they are lying or just not smart enough to explain things for others to understand. Now, the inability to understand something could be the fault of the person asking the question. However, it can also be the fault of the one trying to provide the answer.

Taun is one of the seeds of Wing Chun. While it does teach attributes it is also used in application.
You are welcome to say that it does not however, I would then aks you to show any video where you guys actually spar yet fail to use any of the commonly recognized "techniques" of Wing Chun. I highly doubt you can do this. Instead I expect more of the same vague "we don't use applications or techniques, we use attributes.............I dare say if that is true it is highly unlikely any of you can use your approach for real. In other words, if you were to try and use your system you would have to use techniques or applications or you would simply get your butt handed to you for trying to use just "attributes".

Of course it would be easy to prove me wrong. You have asked for clips showing other using their approach in sparring. I submit you show the same thing. There is one caveat though, since you guys don't use applications or techniques nor do you train to use such, I would like to see a clip of any of your guys fighting and wining without the use of a single "application".

I won't hold my breath waiting as I know you can't produce anything within those parameters.

Good Luck!!!