That is not the point. Brock was less skilled and experienced than Couture.

Couture should have won, but because of a "possible" but unlikely incident he caught Randy at the right place at the right time. This has less to do with skill and size and more to do with happenstance also referred to as luck, a beneficial confluence of events that might just as easily have not happened!

Not all incidents like this are luck. This one was, in my estimation!

About six months ago I was waiting at a red light in my car with my little girl in the back seat at a busy intersection! The light turned green. I did not immediately enter the intersection with the same kind of timing I use when responding to a red light. I was not distracted in any way. Just for some reason I hesitated before entering the intersection. As I paused, a large truck ran the red light, barreling into the intersection at a high rate of speed. If my timing for responding to a red light had been my most common response time, his truck would have T-boned my vehicle right where my little girl was sitting in the back seat. Most likely she would have died!

Why did I hesitate? I did not have a premonition. I was not distracted by a conversation or a random thought. I hesitated for no apparent reason. Why/How did I avoid an accident? By dumb luck, a happenstance of events that occurred in an unexplained, extraordinary manner at an unpredictable time for no apparent reason.