Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting New England Sites

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    Jimbo-

That's cool! I read part of a book once "An Alternative View of the Distant Past" and one of the things the author was saying, was that our Earth could have been affected by plasma radiation a long time ago, which is an alternative way to look at things like fossilization. I am not very read up on this particular subject though, some of the talking points elude me. But I think he said that something could have caused the Earth's axial tilt we are experiencing (off by 23.5 degrees if I remember correctly.) Before this cataclysm that caused the Earth's tilt, there would have been increased oxygen levels from what we experience today, as the Earth's axis would have been in total balance (currently it is imbalanced). The small fern bushes that we see today at our feet would have been giant 40 foot trees. Life on Earth would have been surrounded in a fog of oxygen crystals, as if all life on Earth was on a mountain top, probably extending the human life span. Then the author said there was a controlled experiment in Japan where they grew tomatoes with high levels of controlled oxygen and they were growing giant tomatoes many feet long.

I'm sure that the giants of old would have been "something else" from us entirely. They probably used different parts of their brain and DNA that we don't today. What strikes me is there are huge boulder arrangements/ enclosures found all over the world. Those boulder arrangements aren't like stone mounds/cairns or stone chambers/ shrines/ temples at all, or like a typical propped boulder for a solar/ calander alignment. These boulder arrangements could be from an entirely different epoch/ era on Earth from the more recent (Post Ice Age) stoneworks such as cairns, chambers, shrines, etc.

PS- Interesting about the giant connection between South America/ Polynesia/ etc.
    Matt,
    I agree that such giants would have been different; humanoid, but not fully human. Common descriptions of giants in different geographical locations include red hair, double rows of teeth, six digits on each hand and foot, and generally cannabalistic behavior. Supposedly there were Native American tribes who fought against them. I've even heard about some Alaska natives describing giants in the past. Those are pretty distinctive descriptions to come from such a variety of disparate places and cultures on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Equally, there have been stories of very small people existing all over the world, much like the twins who could summon Mothra in the Godzilla movies. Funny, I never viewed them as odd.

In recent years there has been talk about the word Melungeon and there is real discomfort in acknowledging the word and the people as African and of African descent. These free people were also taken into slavery.This link is worth printing out because you do not always get this honesty:

http://www.eclectica.org/v5n3/hashaw.html

mickey
    Thank you for the article about the Melungeons, more people need to know that such communities exist.

In the NorthEast there are Algonquin legends of Granny Squanit and the Little People:

http://www.wilderutopia.com/traditio...little-people/

I was thinking about the giants and correlated to pyramids and Stonehenge. I have read some attribute that to them. Possible other explanations. Sort of veering off topic but very cool to me and perhaps you guys.

How were the pyramids of egypt really built - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJcp13hAO3U

part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFXsoqbfrk

Man Moves Huge Blocks! I was blown away by this video many years ago. Could people we may consider dullards have been smarter than us? Signs often say yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4

Have a good night fellows. Thanks for the cool links and write ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Matt,
    I agree that such giants would have been different; humanoid, but not fully human. Common descriptions of giants in different geographical locations include red hair, double rows of teeth, six digits on each hand and foot, and generally cannabalistic behavior. Supposedly there were Native American tribes who fought against them. I've even heard about some Alaska natives describing giants in the past. Those are pretty distinctive descriptions to come from such a variety of disparate places and cultures on the earth.
    Very good points!

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I was thinking about the giants and correlated to pyramids and Stonehenge. I have read some attribute that to them. Possible other explanations. Sort of veering off topic but very cool to me and perhaps you guys.

How were the pyramids of egypt really built - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJcp13hAO3U

part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFXsoqbfrk

Man Moves Huge Blocks! I was blown away by this video many years ago. Could people we may consider dullards have been smarter than us? Signs often say yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4
    Billy-
    Nice. In the third video. This is similar to how the Easter Islanders erected the Moai statues, when they were first re-erecting them in the 1950's/ 60's. A group of men used wooden levers just like that, except they pulled the statue up inch by inch. There was one man, the leader of the group, who stuffed rocks under the base of the statue until the Moai was erected back on to the original platform. No doubt all these old stone building traditions applied similar techniques in many cases.

Again, veering a bit off course or is it all just interconnected?

"Man will believe anything, as long as it's not in the Bible." -- Napoleon Bonaparte, emperor, 19th century

NOAH: the TRUTH is BIGGER than you thought......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktmmd7YnD8
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 04-12-2015 at 05:25 PM.

I don't think the use of simple machines and a shit ton of slave labour makes them smarter than us. Besides, smarter isn't the right word. We are for sure more knowledgeable. Let's not forget all the ridiculous shit they believed. Crocodile and hippopotamus most certainly do not have a say on what the read is at the cataracts.

Don't get me wrong, amazing accomplishments, but let's keep this in perspective. We have machines on other planets. We have cured many diseases. We have seen distant galaxies. We developed the gravitational constant. We can predict the charge on a particle with very little information. We have very accurate and reliable microsieves. We can pack upwards of 10 billion transistors into the tiniest package. I can go on for days. So yeah, dudes like Archimedes were really smart, but we have come a long way from then.

And we can bang out a like pyramid in significantly less time for less cost and with less people. This is progress in that respect. So smarter, probably not. More knowledgeable, certainly not. And if you want to throw a spiritual element to the conversation, fine, but let's keep that in perspective too. You wanna believe, cool, but we have to admit that there is no substantial foundation for any of these beliefs. And to simply assume that there is and we have just lost this knowledge is a ridiculous and far fetched hypothesis, to put it mildly.

Let's keep it real here, we're all agnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I don't think the use of simple machines and a shit ton of slave labour makes them smarter than us. Besides, smarter isn't the right word. We are for sure more knowledgeable. Let's not forget all the ridiculous shit they believed. Crocodile and hippopotamus most certainly do not have a say on what the read is at the cataracts.

Don't get me wrong, amazing accomplishments, but let's keep this in perspective. We have machines on other planets. We have cured many diseases. We have seen distant galaxies. We developed the gravitational constant. We can predict the charge on a particle with very little information. We have very accurate and reliable microsieves. We can pack upwards of 10 billion transistors into the tiniest package. I can go on for days. So yeah, dudes like Archimedes were really smart, but we have come a long way from then.

And we can bang out a like pyramid in significantly less time for less cost and with less people. This is progress in that respect. So smarter, probably not. More knowledgeable, certainly not. And if you want to throw a spiritual element to the conversation, fine, but let's keep that in perspective too. You wanna believe, cool, but we have to admit that there is no substantial foundation for any of these beliefs. And to simply assume that there is and we have just lost this knowledge is a ridiculous and far fetched hypothesis, to put it mildly.

Let's keep it real here, we're all agnostic.
    All great points.

Still, I felt the video I posted was in the same vein as being discussed. Legends and myths . Not entirely dissimilar to the Indian stories. Complete with land crossing and different topography. Even the discussion of Neanderthal's. Perhaps in a light not thought of by many. I probably should have pointed out the video is pro Christian and Holy Bible. If one wants to remove the religious theme and view it more as a historical/scientific story then do so. But, most of not all civilizations had much the same story to tell. Complete with Dragons.

Side note. I am not Agnostic. I am a Christian. Not a very good one. I don't even think I try to be a good one. I certainly don't push it on others or disapprove of others beliefs. Nor do I know enough about it to teach it. But it was a very good video in my opinion even if one removes the religious backdrop/theme.

Wenshu, thanks. I recall reading like 20 years ago the number one reason for a call in sick for those that built the pyramids was being hung over. Getting drunk was so important that if beer was not provided the workers at night, they would not work period. More recently, I think it was the Egyptians that got in a uproar about those of Jewish decent claiming they built the pyramids. I think with-in the last year or so.

Again, after viewing some of the Indian videos posted and watching others in youtube sidebar. I was struck by the similarity of stories. The land crossing. Giants. Floods. Dragons. Ancient man. Different topography. All that stuff. To me it seems all interconnected. That we were not a bunch of isolated pockets of people long ago. Something I have believed for 25+ years. Again, drawing form the Bible and the tribes that left and went north. Which if true, I would descend from. These would have been the same people that crossed into the Americas when the map looked different. Entering at the top of the eastern seaboard. Predating even the Vikings landing. According to Indian legend.

There are some historians that believe the northern east coast Indians came to the America's by the same or similar route by the way.

What I found most interesting and a bit unsettling, in the video was his belief of our DNA weakening as time goes on. Lifespan talk and all that. Ancient man had the bone structure to endure hundreds of years. A reasoning why brow ridges got so thick. Time alive. True or not it makes one think.

We're all agnostic if we are honest. You don't KNOW one way or the other. You CHOOSE to make that leap of faith. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all. Personal experience means nothing outside of self. Don't get me wrong, if it makes you a better person, rock on with your bad self. Let's just keep it honest.

And yes, much of the ancient history has a lot of crossover. Partly because of cross cultural exchange, partly because some of it is a most basic explanation of as of then(and to some extent today) unexplained phenomena. Plus stories are fun. Who doesn't like to have fun. But again, let's be honest about it. Argumentum ad numerum is, after all, a fallacious argument. Consensus does not always equate to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    We're all agnostic if we are honest. You don't KNOW one way or the other. You CHOOSE to make that leap of faith. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all. Personal experience means nothing outside of self. Don't get me wrong, if it makes you a better person, rock on with your bad self. Let's just keep it honest.

And yes, much of the ancient history has a lot of crossover. Partly because of cross cultural exchange, partly because some of it is a most basic explanation of as of then(and to some extent today) unexplained phenomena. Plus stories are fun. Who doesn't like to have fun. But again, let's be honest about it. Argumentum ad numerum is, after all, a fallacious argument. Consensus does not always equate to the truth.

Well that's it really. It is "fun" to learn different view points. Some find it boring. It ain't for everyone. Probably not help us in anyway, shape or form but still its a version of history.

I can not disagree with anything you wrote above. Sound logic. And yes, it is a faith based deal. That to ain't for everyone. Again, I am not a very good Christian.
    I try and bend the rules to my beliefs, lol.

Thanks for joining in this thread. I hope you continue to do so. It is good to have a antagonist to the subject matter. As you suggest, it potentially keeps things honest. At the very least it puts our feet back on the ground.

"Ancient Canal Builders" Clip

Clip about research into ancient canal systems in North America. I think the guy John Jensen published a book on his research. There is also more of his in-depth work up on Youtube, but this 2 min. clip presents the gist of it-

https://youtu.be/mQwCmrmc-fk

Greetings MarathonTmatt,

If those canals turn out to be spaces between walls, it would confirm to me that this land is where Atlantis existed. Walls that could have been used for military protection or for the purpose of retaining/redirecting water during times of deluge. More needs to be looked at.

mickey