Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

Humans glow in the dark!

Here is a great study. Maybe Qi/Chi is just light energy, maybe not but its still cool. Here's a little quote from the article and the link to it below.

"The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal."

http://www.livescience.com/7799-stra...ble-light.html

And a little something for the wonderful kooks who entertain us so. If we glow then does that mean we were actually engineered by the Annunaki as the Sumerians described? Supposedly the Annunaki (angles) glowed in the dark so if we have some of their genetics then maybe we still retain a bit of that glow.

Don't work me over to badly for that last bit. I'm just offering a little something for the conspiracy folks.
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 03-27-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Here is a great study. Maybe Qi/Chi is just light energy, maybe not but its still cool. Here's a little quote from the article and the link to it below.

"The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal."

[url]http://www.livescience.com/7799-strange-humans-glow-visible-light.html[/url
    Interesting article. This sounds like an aura

There it s Tibetan tradition, I believe, that diagnoses diseases based upon the aura of the person. Now, it sounds like there might be some scientifically demonstrated foundation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There's no proof of Qi because no one has a clear idea of what they are trying to prove! lol
    That does make any attempt at proof a rather difficult undertaking...almost like deciding whether or not we (the U.S.) won any or our recent wars....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

that's how I feel about religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Interesting article. This sounds like an aura
    When are people just going to accept George Lucas got it right? It's all about the Force. And the "Force" is TCMA.

Quote from "Tang Shi Quan Shu: Pugilistic Art of the Tang Family.
    Outer techniques of Da Hong Quan."

At present some people who learn WU SHU
    really stir up astonishment. They roam around in search of
    Force and methods to acquire it. But what they show is
    often done improperly, their movements are incorrect. They
    do not understand that force from the very beginning is
    inside their body and they are not good at using the Force.
    One should take for granted that the Force from the very
    beginning is inside a human body and act accordingly with
    this statement. One must learn to use it.
    I didn't even capitalize "Force" that's how it was in the English translation.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Advanced physics has had to resort to such terms as 'up', 'down', 'strange', 'charm', and 'luck' to at least give a hint of what they think they are finding with advanced particle physics.
    "had to resort to"?

More like physicist sense of humor.

And they come in 6 "flavors:" up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom.

Yes, it's also strange to refer to a quark as having a "flavor" since you can't taste them.

They also have "colors".

It's just a way to classify them.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Is that why ninjas had to wear all black?

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Is that why ninjas had to wear all black?
    Could be. I'll ponder that the next time I'm hanging upside down from a tree limb by my tabi boots waiting for my next target.

The other ingredient would probably be chlorine since glycerine is the primary ingredient in Brylcreem. Put the two together and wooooof! But, don't breath the fumes since chlorine is bad mojo for the lungs.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids. And, I have never served time and I am not a pyro. Just a knowledgable person with a crap-load of useless information.

Now, if I saw somebody melt a horse shoe that I gave them then I'd be totally impressed but that'll never happen. Thats why you only see this trick attempted with one sheet of paper and no repeats, at least not on the same day.
    I made thermite yesterday. For kicks. Had some magnesium strips left over and nothing to burn. I was gonna go all out and do the napalm too, but I never got around to it.

I can make my body register on a multimeter. So can any of you. Sometimes just being around enough electronics can offset the meter. Granted, my 8 dollar nexxtech is more likely to do this than my 400 dollar fluke meter, but there you go. I can produce a charge in my hand that will make sand dance like a mini sandstorm. Do I have chi powers?

Oh, and if you can melt a horseshoe with your hand, I will give it due consideration. But I would insist on certain conditions during the test.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    It's disrespectful to make demands of a charismatic master.
    This is often quoted as an excuse for not adhering to reasonable parameters. It's on the ones who make the claim to prove their stuff. If they aren't even willing to submit to reasonable testing w/o all the other crap obfuscating the process, then they don't deserve to be believed. If you wanna live in a dark corner and do your thing, cool, but don't expect others who are capable of critical thought to make that leap with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Not really, the chi ball freaks here are all the most super spiritual. The couple people here that I am reasonably sure are atheist are the ones calling BS on it. There are loons in every group, but on average we are pretty much skeptical of just about anything without proof. Although that is not required of atheism.
    Theological noncognitivism. Why define your lack of belief?

I don't think I will ever be comfortable calling myself a theist or an atheist. Mostly I just don't care. lol. Still waiting on a clear definition on exactly what it is I am supposed to believe, or not to believe.

But, for the sake of keeping it simple, you can add me to the "doesn't make leaps based on conjecture" column.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."
    Word....!!!

Great that you bring this up. Bruce Holbrook, in his book, The Stone Monkey says that the original name for acupuncture needles is 'lien', which means 'probe'. He says that the acupuncture needle actually emits a light source into the acupuncture point to create the therapeutic effect. Of course you know when you start talking about light and the speed of light, you are getting into the realm of hyper-dimensional physics, which is a very interesting and frustrating topic.
    SKM
    "hyperdimensional physics"

There is no such thing. lol It's some BS made up by A guy who is waaaaaaayyy out there in alternative musings, lizard overlords and moonbase ubiquity theory.

Just saying....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

...you are getting into the realm of hyper-dimensional physics, which is a very interesting and frustrating topic.
    Which is a topic you've studied, I'm sure.

BTW, confirmed for troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I can make my body register on a multimeter. So can any of you. Sometimes just being around enough electronics can offset the meter. Granted, my 8 dollar nexxtech is more likely to do this than my 400 dollar fluke meter, but there you go. I can produce a charge in my hand that will make sand dance like a mini sandstorm. Do I have chi powers?
    I would like to sign up for your qi power course.