Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Internal martial arts: a fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    Dummys don't hit back !
    For the Good Lord's sake - at least dummies can be hit! The dummies in your videos fly back without even being hit! Any video of actual contact with a punch bag?? One that doesn't know that it should fly back?
    It's not worth a penny!

Dummys don't hit back !
    They are also functionlly, far hard to "project" than a person, dead weight and all that.
    But that shouldn't be an issue with all the qi !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    They are also functionlly, far hard to "project" than a person, dead weight and all that.
    But that shouldn't be an issue with all the qi !

"Boards don't hit back" "Dummy's don't hit back"

If you want to develop something you need to play with something that responds.

Why do you think they call it a dummy?, because it does not do anything like you guys!, rockem sockem robots.

Blog Entries
    "Boards don't hit back" "Dummy's don't hit back"

If you want to develop something you need to play with something that responds.

Why do you think they call it a dummy?, because it does not do anything like you guys!, rockem sockem robots.
    Are you saying that a Qi master can push a 180 lb guys flying 20 feet away, but he can't push a 120 lb throwing dummy flying back the same way? Why?

How about push a 180 lb pig instead? What's the difference anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Are you saying that a Qi master can push a 180 lb guys flying 20 feet away, but he can't push a 120 lb throwing dummy flying back the same way? Why?

It seems that qi doesn't work on 120lbs of dead weight, LOL !

Blog Entries
    The Qi should have no knowledge where it will be sent to. When the Qi is sent out, it's out. Do I miss something here?

The Qi should have no knowledge where it will be sent to. When the Qi is sent out, it's out. Do I miss something here?
    Yep John, you missed on on the BS that some people try to sell off as Qi, that's all.

Is this a ****ing contest.

Everyone seems to be stuck on who can hit hardest, who cares, I'm sure everybody has more than enough power to hurt someone without training external muscles.

Defense is the key, if they can't find you they can't effect you and also all that external muscle power of punching dummies can be used back against you.

If you can't hit your target it does not matter how much power you have.

Is this a ****ing contest.

Everyone seems to be stuck on who can hit hardest, who cares, I'm sure everybody has more than enough power to hurt someone without training external muscles.

Defense is the key, if they can't find you they can't effect you and also all that external muscle power of punching dummies can be used back against you.

Hey, personally I just wanted you to show something that looked like it would work in a fight of some kind. That being not done, you may now leave. Seriously, it's over - everything else is just m o r e t a l k.
    It's not worth a penny!

Dummys don't hit back !
    Neither do demo partners!

I like the pig part! That would be great! Now THERE is an uncooperative partner right there, LOL!!

Now for the news at eleven:

"Internal" "Master" gored by angry pig.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    his remains were later recovered from a steaming pile of pig sh!t.

now for your regularly scheduled program-

wing chun and grappling applications from forms.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    With discussion like this, we don't need any of our MMA friends to make TCMA looks bad.

- Chin Na is hidden in a staff form.
    - Internal Qi is good, external muscle power is bad.

I agree with you 100% on this. Just to prove that I'm not just trying to argue for the sake of argument (You will never heard our MMA friend to say "I agree with you" even if you just quote a sentence from the bible).
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.

I agree with you 100% on this. Just to prove that I'm not just trying to argue for the sake of argument (You will never heard our MMA friend to say "I agree with you" even if you just quote a sentence from the bible).
    Hell, I'd be much more likely to agree with a statement like "it doesn't matter how hard you hit if you can't actually hit your target" than a statement from some dusty old book of middle eastern morality parables.

That being said, my concern is that YiQuanOne seems to think that standing stake and the bizarre flailing shown in Yi Quan training videos is a more effective way of developing the ability to hit somebody than, you know, trying to hit someone.

Keep in mind, I'm not a MMA nutrider, hell the counter-example I posted came from Xingyi!

I'm just a rational person who expects fighting arts, outside the bounds of fiction, to be rational.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm not a MMA nutrider,
    I was talking about our other MMA friend, the one who we suppose to ignore, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.