View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1061 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 615619611011105110591060106110621063107111111161 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,915 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

heres another one

Blog Entries
    dude, your ignorance knows no bounds. LOL.

you're proud that your beloved founder dooped you fools by teaching our form that he got from our book.

regardless of that, you fools don't and can't even do it right even if you were taught it.

be proud idiot. be proud. hahahahahahahahaha how embarrassing for you guys. hahahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I think however the main difference, if we look at shorin ryu aka 'shaolin style' is that it is a fusion of okinawan martial arts, already known in depth and used, with that of shaolin martial arts. You have a venerated warrior, known across the land, combining his current martial knowledge with new things he learned. The name given was to honor the roots of the chinese martial arts that influenced the change, as well as to set this style apart from other okinawan styles of the day.

you cant really compare shaolin do and shorin ryu as they have very different histories.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    then why are you defending him if you ackowledge this
    Ive stopped defending him. I'm just trying to sort through what is legitimate from all the BS that has been told. If you have been paying attention you would have known this already. All I'm trying to do is put what I've learned (which I can apply at a high level) in perspective with the knowledge I've gained through the years that have opened my eyes to the BS that was passed on as truth along the way. I have an open mind and I'm trying to be objective. I think this forum would be a better place if everyone acted the same way.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    Likely Cha Chuy / Chop Choy / Tsaab Tsui = Piercing/Stabbing Hammer or more often translated as Piercing/Stabbing Fist

I'd be interested in seeind the SD version.
    The two mantis forms "unique" to SD are nothing like the mantis forms that SD does that are found elsewhere. Makes you wonder why they are so different? Are these two made up and the others stolen? Perhaps.

I don't have a problem with a style calling somethign mantis but it being different than the main stream mantis systems. I get the feeling that material originating in Indonesia that are influenced or inspired by CMA did this often which is fine as long as they call it what it is and don't try to claim it's some secret shaolin mantis form.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    A lot of Okinawan Karate styles claims Shaolin lineage. Karate came from Te, Te came from Kung Fu, (generally of Fujian origin,) most of those Kung Fu styles claim the Shaolin Temple in their history. The "everything comes from Shaolin" idea....
    Sorry, when I say lineage I have a very precise meaning...I mean that you can trace a line of transmission, person by person, back to some origin. There are more than a few traditional Japanese martial arts schools that can trace an historically verifiable lineage going back hundreds of years. It's very difficult to say the same for most styles of Karate. For example, Kanbun Uechi did study authentic gongfu in China, but the exact school and style are lost to history.

I doubt very much you'll find any karate school that can claim a lineage back to the Shaolin Temple, and any Karate teacher will say the same.

Doshin So is another topic altogether, but any Shorinji Kenpo person I've ever talked to were very clear in stating that the naming is out of respect, not to imply that their method comes from Shaolin Gongfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    ... I'm just trying to sort through what is legitimate from all the BS that has been told.
    Word...from both sides of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I think however the main difference, if we look at shorin ryu aka 'shaolin style' is that it is a fusion of okinawan martial arts, already known in depth and used, with that of shaolin martial arts. You have a venerated warrior, known across the land, combining his current martial knowledge with new things he learned. The name given was to honor the roots of the chinese martial arts that influenced the change, as well as to set this style apart from other okinawan styles of the day.

you cant really compare shaolin do and shorin ryu as they have very different histories.
    wow, ignorance at its finest.

I have to thank you all for this thread. This is EXACTLY why there is so little information made public on inner door Pak Mei/White Brow. People grab any little bit they can from any video, book, you name it and then try to pass it off as real. If you really do the system you can see it at first glance.

The next time someone states that putting things up on youtube is the answer to everything I am going to point them to this thread as proof of why many of us like to keep our hard earned training to ourselves and our close students.
    -Golden Arms-

Blog Entries
    wow, ignorance at its finest.
    no one outshines you at being ignorant

Blog Entries
    The next time someone states that putting things up on youtube is the answer to everything I am going to point them to this thread as proof of why many of us like to keep our hard earned training to ourselves and our close students.
    exactly!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    dude, your ignorance knows no bounds. LOL.

you're proud that your beloved founder dooped you fools by teaching our form that he got from our book.

regardless of that, you fools don't and can't even do it right even if you were taught it.

be proud idiot. be proud. hahahahahahahahaha how embarrassing for you guys. hahahahahahahahaha
    nope , just fodder for you thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    I have to thank you all for this thread. This is EXACTLY why there is so little information made public on inner door Pak Mei/White Brow. People grab any little bit they can from any video, book, you name it and then try to pass it off as real. If you really do the system you can see it at first glance.

this thread shows and proves nothing other than what the person that created it wants you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    no one outshines you at being ignorant
    yours has almost made you blissful these days

Blog Entries
    nope , just fodder for you thread...
    i'm not luke n you're not my fodder.

its amazing how proud you are to be a part of some BULLSH1T! bumpkin fer lyfe huh?