Thread: A little demo clip

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Thanks for posting, didn’t really understand the full gear including the head guards but then only really as you say light sparring, was this to get used to the gear?
    Also the drill against the wall was this to get them used to being under pressure? would have liked to see a little more movement from them and some hard shots coming in if it was, standing there and just eating shots without moving the arms or changing levels is a bad habit, but over all nice and thanks for posting, liked the arm drag and the takedowns in the tai chi clip
    Honestly, even with "light contact" I like to see SOME gear ( maybe not head gear, just gloves), even in light contact you need to MAKE contact and enough to keep it honest.
    Personally I don't believe in "light contact".
    To me there is NO contact (obviously a waste of time)
    There is contact - make contact hard enough to keep it honest but no one is trying to KO anyone.
    Hard contact - sparring
    Full contact.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Honestly, even with "light contact" I like to see SOME gear ( maybe not head gear, just gloves), even in light contact you need to MAKE contact and enough to keep it honest.
    Personally I don't believe in "light contact".
    To me there is NO contact (obviously a waste of time)
    There is contact - make contact hard enough to keep it honest but no one is trying to KO anyone.
    Hard contact - sparring
    Full contact.
    Head guards for me would mean harder contact, as would boxing gloves, from a TCMA point of few im im limiting my weapons by wearing boxing gloves and not MMA gloves, then the only good reason would be because I want to hit harder than MMA gloves allow