Thread: punching trees and pole punching

his poor wife. Like having a child for a partner

Trees don't hit back.

Good thing this guy doesn't have any power, or he could hurt himself .

O.K. That was funny. I do advocate some post training but definitely not like that.
    The number one thing IMO to remember with this training tool is reference. The post can either represent the centerline of the opponent, left or right upper middle or lower gate.. Most people (like the guy in the vid) train one dimensional. This can easily develop bad habits. As you strike/block what have you, the post can change reference points many times quickly like double focus glove training can.
    Good vid on what not to do but this can be useful aid in it's own way .for developing penetrating power and focus. There's always a post around.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 07-02-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

LMAO
    its like scrappy doo after a hip operation
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

He is like a monkey in a pinata, hoping the children don't break through with the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    O.K. That was funny. I do advocate some post training but definitely not like that.
    The number one thing IMO to remember with this training tool is reference. The post can either represent the centerline of the opponent, left or right upper middle or lower gate.. Most people (like the guy in the vid) train one dimensional. This can easily develop bad habits. As you strike/block what have you, the post can change reference points many times quickly like double focus glove training can.
    Good vid on what not to do but this can be useful aid in it's own way .for developing penetrating power and focus. There's always a post around.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    How does a pole that is only say 2 inches diameter help to develop penetrating power? What is happening in the pictures by the way?
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    How does a pole that is only say 2 inches diameter help to develop penetrating power? What is happening in the pictures by the way?

I think he is just referring to practicing positioning rather than hitting the pole to develop, as you say, 'penetrative power'.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Hi, Wing Chun Ian
    targeting the centerline say 10 centimetres left or right will have the post intercepting at the forearm. Punch straight and deep with whole body moving forward for development of penetrating power.
    The first pic is cau sau, using the post only for centerline reference.
    the second is a multitask fak/fut sau and low round kick (fu mai girk) good for lin siu dai dar energy deployment, take down, etc.
    Maybe for a first vid post I'll do one on my idea of post training. Give everyone a good laugh.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 07-05-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I think he is just referring to practicing positioning rather than hitting the pole to develop, as you say, 'penetrative power'.
    Hi Paddington
    Yes sometimes the post is just for cue other times it can be struck directly. Rabbit/chain punching the post I don't see as having much use though. Nice deep kicking can be developed. Posts usually have some give and can help you send your power through as well as accept the returning energy usefully. Certainly posts are limited. But still have their value as a training aid.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 07-05-2012 at 05:20 AM.

if you want to train penetrating power maybe try this

http://en.videobuzzy.com/Tree-cuttin...xing--337.news

I'll stick to the wall bag, heavy bag, maize bag etc thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    if you want to train penetrating power maybe try this

http://en.videobuzzy.com/Tree-cuttin...xing--337.news
    Banana trees 'don't hit back' either!

I'm with Ian on this one...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Banana trees 'don't hit back' either!

I'm with Ian on this one...
    I wonder how he mows the lawn!

but after training awhile you will fear the pole no more!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeMhdkMZeWM