Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morning exercise, how long, what to train

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    It sure sounds like something with your diet has to be adjusted. The nerves need a certain amount of fat to be insulated, and maybe you need a larger percentage of protein in your diet. Avacados, nuts, and soy products may be a good source for all that...
    I've been cold all of my life ~

it's not my diet it's me

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    I've been cold all of my life ~

it's not my diet it's me
    That's probably a sign that dragon or snake kung fu would be good for you. They do both have forms that are very circular...

That's probably a sign that dragon or snake kung fu would be good for you. They do both have forms that are very circular...
    three of the bagua systems I train in are dragon systems

I wish I could be good at kung fu but my knees have arthritis in them and hurt pretty bad ~ hoping to get better at my tai chi forms ~ need to do more yoga for that ~ I'm not flexible and my hips aren't open ~ would like to be able to do tai chi forms like wushu competition professionals

all my training has to be non destructive qigong working around injuries ~

where can I learn more about the dragon and snake kung fu ? ~ I think snake stuff has something to do with continuous movement and not being still ~ my dragon system bagua teacher also teaches snake boxing ~ but I have never checked it out ~ I do another dragon system and that teacher also teaches a snake system of bagua but I don't have that one ~ I have four of his systems but not snake ~ the main system that I use is a dragon system but the 8 palms are heaven ~ earth ~ fire ~ water ~ wind ~ thunder ~ lake and mountain to go along with the I ching ~ I use those 8 palms for ding shi ~ but I also use dragon posture because it is used in my forms and the dragon system from my other teacher ~ those 8 palms are actually 16 because of twin yin and twin yang ~ but then they go into 64 with the i ching hexagrams ~ the teacher said that there are over 64 thousand variations of those 8 palms ~ I use them because there is no form to learn or forget ~ I became homeless for a few years and I forgot 12 big long forms ~ I could have gone to the park everyday and done my forms ~ but I don't do anything in public ~ so I forgot them all ~ I went back and relearned my tai chi forms ~ but I learned new and different bagua forms ~ I like doing forms and weapons forms ~ I need to take time off of ding shi and learn some new forms ~ I just hate the fact that there is a possibility that I could forget them again ~ I will always have the 8 palms ~ I will never forget them

something has also changed with my training ~ I'm not as motivated or productive as I used to be ~ it's all I can do just to do my forms on top of ding shi ~ I used to do a lot more forms + bodybuilding + yoga ~ and nonstop learning of new forms and lots of qigong ~ I'm not so productive or motivated now ~ also somewhat distracted and undisciplined

as far as the cold goes ~ I think I am cursed ~ and just unlucky in this life with this particular situation ~ warmer weather definitely helps ~ right now I have the heat on ~ I usually don't ~ I haven't had heat all of my life and I've lived in some pretty cold places ~ it's really nice to have the heat on for once

I can warm up a little while I'm working ~ the walking helps ~ But I'm always uncomfortable when I'm not working ~ even if it's hot and I'm sweating I am still cold ~ I find the cold to be a training obstacle
    I've always wondered if there was some herbal medicine that could warm the body ~ something that I could grow in a garden
    I drink warm water and hot tea ~ but it just makes me cold to drink anything ~it doesn't warm me up at all ~ my instant coffee warms me up temporarily ~ if it's not at least 110° ~ then I am cold ~ even then I am still cold a lot of the time
    I was noticing in Oregon that I got warm for a little bit around like 6:18 or 6:30 in the evening almost every night ~ not sure what thats all about ~ 6:45 somewhere in that area
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-22-2020 at 12:41 PM.

where can I learn more about the dragon and snake kung fu ?
    I don't know of any good ones that would be easy to learn from a video. I found one of Ark Y Wong's longer snake forms that I had forgot and then relearned it, but it is extremely complex and strenuous and its unlikely anybody else could have reconstructed it off of video from just one angle. Anyway, its been taken down since then. I have never seen my favorite taoist dragon form on YouTube, and I've been looking since YouTube started, so I'm lucky I kept it alive, largely because it can done in a cramped-space, like a chi kung form. You should search around for videos of forms that you once knew, and if you are no longer in shape to do them, you can always do them slow like tai chi...

I always did them slow like tai chi ~ my knees hurt really bad ~ I do all forms as a chi kung exercise

I also like the forms that you can do in a small cramped space ~ there is never any room

I do a couple of taoist dragon forms ~ they are the only bagua forms that I'm doing now ~ I like them because they are a balanced system and do every move to the left and the right ~ and can also be done in a small cramped space

heres one for cramped space ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skHdRWJ_Zuk
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

I do a couple of taoist dragon forms ~ they are the only bagua forms that I'm doing now ~ I like them because they are a balanced system and do every move to the left and the right ~ and can also be done in a small cramped space

heres one for cramped space ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skHdRWJ_Zuk
    Oh, that's a very fine one! Its got everything packed in there, a lot like my favorite that supposedly goes back to a Taoist Immortal. Speaking of dragons, one showed up last night under an arch in my Japanese tiger master painting. Normally its just foxes and/or faces depending on the lighting, but have never seen a dragon in there before...

Oh, that's a very fine one! Its got everything packed in there, a lot like my favorite that supposedly goes back to a Taoist Immortal. Speaking of dragons, one showed up last night under an arch in my Japanese tiger master painting. Normally its just foxes and/or faces depending on the lighting, but have never seen a dragon in there before...
    I wonder if you would see anything if you did psychometry on the painting

I wonder if you would see anything if you did psychometry on the painting
    Haha, I know I'm not seeing things! Those faces were the special-effects that masters put in their paintings a few hundred years ago by grinding metals into the the paint and other techniques. Now they can be seen by all sorts of scanning and image processing, like they do nearby at the Getty. I've seen all kinds of examples with an art history prof that whose specialty was Leonardo. The Mona Lisa that's in France is one that Leonardo kept his whole life and kept putting stuff into, like making her eyes follow one around. His first draft, that's somewhere in Australia now, doesn't have any of that stuff in it. The one he did for her husband for the commission had a deadline, so it wasn't as good neither.

Since this a kung fu forum, I should mention that some of the good traditional forms are like that too and have lots of awesome stuff the monks hid in them over centuries...

Haha, I know I'm not seeing things!
    you really can see things if you do psychometry ~ I have a Phoenix Dragon Tai Chi Bagua pendant that my Bagua teacher recommended ~ the stone has all sorts of positive energies and is supposed to ward off demons ~ If you do psychometry on it ~ it will tell the future and has a positive energy

maybe the painting has an energy of it's own ~ everything does @ 14:55 --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrlMBwyFz4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UbM6jogGc
    Since this a kung fu forum, I should mention that some of the good traditional forms are like that too and have lots of awesome stuff the monks hid in them over centuries...
    My forms are weird ~ they seem to be invisible ~ if you watch the teacher do them it's invisible ~ who knows what they look like ~ it's how they feel ~ you can feel them but can't necessarily see them ~ it's strange and hard to explain ~

at this point in my life I just want to drop out and go live at a temple and practice martial arts and be a monk ~ the shaolin schools look to be to harsh ~ I have arthritis in my knees and I'm not interested in combat sparring in sanda or anything like that ~ I just want to study Bagua and maybe Tai Chi ~ I have found a certain wudang school that I would like to study at but I just want to do bagua ~ I don't want to get caught up in the religious ceremonies or anything like that ~ I'm not interested in learning to play music ~ I'm only interested in Chinese medicine and martial arts that aren't destructive to my body

looks like I will just have to be a monk on my own ~ a monk without a temple ~ if I won the lottery I would build one
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-27-2020 at 09:02 AM.

you really can see things if you do psychometry
    looks like I will just have to be a monk on my own ~ a monk without a temple ~ if I won the lottery I would build one
    I know what you mean. I can sense fields in swords and other Native American power objects that are very charged, and to some extent everyday things, but I try not to waste energy tuning-into all that.

You don't have to be rich to create your own temple. I have a place on Turtle mountain where I keep my metal tai chi weapons, mostly new ones with no karmic-loading. (Hey Gene, now there's a marketing bullet-point). The mountain-men are not going to shoot me while doing weapon forms because they need someone good at ping pong to play with. Here's one of my sword grips attached to a table-tennis paddle (and another potential product-line).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You don't have to be rich to create your own temple
    it's against my religion to make noise ~ but sometimes I want to play with a wooden dummy and train Iron palms

it would be nice to have a lot of room for spears and staffs ~ I don't want to go to the park or any place public

I always wanted to have my own place like shi de jian does

would be nice to have a garden

mostly new ones with no karmic-loading
    yes ~ I have been binge watching episodes of paranormal survivor on youtube ~ apparently evil spirits can be attached to objects and you can bring them home with you

I guess good energy probably also could ~ not really sure ~

I picked up an evil spirit somewhere ~ it's been haunting me for years ~ there was one in my room when I was a little kid ~ but after Iraq it got really bad

my bagua pendant definitely has a good energy to it

I have some Buddhist stuff and christian stuff as well ~ they all read different

the bagua has the most to say at this point ~ I haven't read any of them in a while but I wear them all at all times ~ the tassel just came untied on my 108 buddhist beads today ~ I took it off and threw it away instead of fixing it ~ now my beads are maintenance free and less complicated ~ I like to keep things simple
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.

I picked up an evil spirit somewhere ~ it's been haunting me for years ~ there was one in my room when I was a little kid ~ but after Iraq it got really bad
    The advice I've heard, and that I believe is true, is to cultivate loving kindness (maitrī) and invite the spirit to nourish itself from your loving kindness. No matter how much it drinks your loving kindness you won't be depleted. It's a deep well that goes beyond you in particular. And the spirit will become friendly towards you, and maybe go somewhere else. This is what I believe anyway. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    The advice I've heard, and that I believe is true, is to cultivate loving kindness (maitrī) and invite the spirit to nourish itself from your loving kindness. No matter how much it drinks your loving kindness you won't be depleted. It's a deep well that goes beyond you in particular. And the spirit will become friendly towards you, and maybe go somewhere else. This is what I believe anyway. I wish you the best.
    it's evil ~ it doesn't have any respect for loving kindness ~I was not eating meat or killing spiders or mosquitos ~ I was practicing non harming and cultivating loving kindness ~ it attacked me every night for years ~ finally one night I got the bright idea to rebuke it in the name of jesus christ and all of the sudden it got off of me ~ when it attacks me it paralyzes me and I can't breathe or make a sound ~ so I just thought the statement instead of saying it out loud and it still worked

the spirit came back and tried to attack me several more times and I rebuked it ~ finally the attacks stopped ~ but there is still a haunting ~ I just changed apartments ~ so I'm not sure if it's the same spirit or if that one has moved on ~ it followed me across the country several times ~ but it seems to be losing it's power since I started rebuking it ~ now the only thing physical are some scratches but they are not bad and do not break the skin or anything ~ they just leave red marks

other than that there are noises and foot steps ~ lots of loud crashing noises

when I was a little kid the demon would stand at the end of my bed and shake my bed all night long every night for years ~ and for some reason I never told anyone about it ~
    It would also hide things ~ steal things and move things around ~ I had some fish but they always died ~ bonsai trees always died

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uj09sAyl0OPh-e
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-28-2020 at 07:09 AM.

it's evil ~ it doesn't have any respect for loving kindness ~I was not eating meat or killing spiders or mosquitos ~ I was practicing non harming and cultivating loving kindness ~ it attacked me every night for years ~ finally one night I got the bright idea to rebuke it
    If the "rebuke" method works for you than you should try some mantras or prayers, like is done with rosaries or Buddha-beads. They are even good for more mundane things like blotting out a song that may get stuck in your head...

it's evil ~ it doesn't have any respect for loving kindness ~I was not eating meat or killing spiders or mosquitos ~ I was practicing non harming and cultivating loving kindness ~ it attacked me every night for years ~ finally one night I got the bright idea to rebuke it in the name of jesus christ and all of the sudden it got off of me
    That sounds tough. I'm glad rebuking it worked. That's the advice some of my born-again relatives would have given.