Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan

hi,if there are any jackie chan fans then what is your 10 favourite jackie movies???What kind of kung fu does jackie chan do?

drunken master for sure

my fave jackie movies are the ones he directed.

read this book

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/iamjackiechan/
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Thumbs up would have to with "The Young Master" AS MY FAV.

To name a few more that I enjoyed DM, DM2, Project A(chinese version only), supercop, Police Story(get chinese version, impossible to find original, also, do not buy "crime force"), dragons forever, wheels on meals, Hand of Death(not the main guy, but he is very good in this), first strike(for the ladder fight and the underwater fu), and do not miss out on snake in eagle's shadow.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I'm agreeing with jethro??!!

Young Master is my fav Jackie flick. It's got the best choregraphy, lots of complex fight scenes, and catches Jackie in his fighting prime.

But I got to add that the coolest ones are the new ones that haven't been released in the USA: New Police Story & The Myth. You got to get those on DVD and they'll make you the life of the party, assuming that party is talking about Jackie Chan.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene

don't scare me like that. I place the 2 fights with benny the jet right behind that whoel movie. And admit it gene, your favorite part of the movie is when teh credits role and jackie sings that wonderful song
    Last edited by jethro; 06-16-2006 at 11:27 AM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

ChangHFY Guest
    My favorite Jackie Chan movies are:
    The Myth
    The new police story
    Dragons Forever
    shaolin wooden men
    Snake and Crane arts of Shaolin
    Dragon Fist
    Drunken Master 1 and 2

I cant wait to see the new Jackie movies either.

jackie's earlier stuff from hong kong are my favorites, specifically Drunken master, snake in Eagles shadow, Young Master, the lucky stars series, the police story series and every other Jackie chan movie for that matter. He is defienently my most favorite action star and the one who got me into china and Chinese martial arts, and has completely changed my life. Im not ashamed to call him my Hero
    "If you do not change direction you may end up where you're headed". Lau Tzu

"The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all powerful". Lao Tzu

i saw The myth. mah, it was ok. i just rented thunderball and liked it. download the new police story, pretty good.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Jackie Chan

I've read the comments that Jackie Chan made before a group of Chinese Business men:

"I'm not sure if it's good to have freedom or not," Chan said Saturday. "I'm gradually beginning to feel that we Chinese need to be controlled. If we're not being controlled, we'll just do what we want."

He went on to say that freedoms in Hong Kong and Taiwan made those societies "chaotic."

Chan's comments drew applause from a predominantly Chinese audience of business leaders
    I'm beyond shocked. Jackie Chan is a racist. I respect the man's right to his opinion on politics. There are many people on this board who have brought into the Chinese government propaganda they spread hook, line and sinker. That said his suggestion that the Chinese people are simply stupid children that need looking after is no different than the comments made in this country a 150 years ago as an argument to not free the slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'm beyond shocked. Jackie Chan is a racist.
    no he's not: he's talking about fellow Chinese - how exactly would that constitute racism, if it de facto applies to him as well?:

I respect the man's right to his opinion on politics. There are many people on this board who have brought into the Chinese government propaganda they spread hook, line and sinker.
    Chinese government propaganda has been going on for millennia; I don't know who has bought into it, it's pretty apparent that historically the government has been relatively oligarchic and repressive in its content;

That said his suggestion that the Chinese people are simply stupid children that need looking after is no different than the comments made in this country a 150 years ago as an argument to not free the slaves.
    that's a bit of a reach; while it is suggesting limitation on personal freedom, it's not in the sense that one group of people should be owned by another as property;

sounds more like the man has some sort of quasi-Confucist political perspective; nothing new there - the history of China has been an on-going debate about just how much freedom people should have, from the rigidity of the Confucists to the anarchy of the Taoists and everywhere in between; the way that sort of comment is going to be perceived in China is not the same as it would be received elsewhere in the world

JC is making these comments as a Rich Man as many of the new elite of China do.

On many a program I've seen how these individuals want to protect their ability to compete in the world market by controling their workers (ie: paying them very little $$ compared other countries).

There is no such thing as true Communism. What we see is Dictatorships using military force.

He still made some cool movies though

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    people who live under tight control and suddenly find freedom often become decadent. Look at Russia, HK, and Catholic High School Girls.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    no he's not: he's talking about fellow Chinese - how exactly would that constitute racism, if it de facto applies to him as well?:
    In police stations all over America some of the most racist attitudes towards blacks are held by black officers.

The real dividing force here is weath and social status. Chan has lost touch.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that's a bit of a reach; while it is suggesting limitation on personal freedom, it's not in the sense that one group of people should be owned by another as property
    doesn't matter, the argument is about freedom and whether or not an entire race of people is intelligent enough to decide their own faith.

Yep can't forget the USA. We were so moral and ..... under British Rule. Now we've gone and infected the world

What about those Hung Ga Exponents

Did you get the ads of him flogging the Chinese Olympics in the USA, both the Chinese Olympic Committee and Visa series?

He's a party man, as one must be to be successful in China. Shock Horror!

And as most people will tell you, the government does not control China anyway. Governing in China is like herding cats.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia